KBA Middle School State 6th Grade Jan 19-21

BigHawk

With the KBA Middle School State Tournament approaching for 6th Grade (think it is Jan 20th-22nd) curious to see what teams people think will make a run for it this year. Last year if I remember correctly it was a thriller with North Laurel edging North Oldham by 3

I did talk to someone over at KBA this past week and they mentioned that they had 60 teams last year and they are expecting to exceed that this year. Not sure if they have a cap or not, but if your coaches haven't signed up probably would be a good idea to get done next week if they can.

I have a better understanding of the the current 7th and 8th grade teams as I have seen quite a few of these games and saw them play last year at state and will make a new thread for each, but would be interesting to see who is going and who people think are the favorites this year

Probably be at KBA this weekend so maybe I can get some info on who they already have signed up

That's awesome they are coming as in the past I remember some, but not a lot of N KY teams participating in KBA state

We are close friends with Conner 7th grade and it was highly recommended by them. Pius plays in the public school league in nky but also lost in state semis AAU last summer in OT. It will be fun and a great experience for them. We expect it to be very challenging but that is ok as there is some great basketball down in KY. Only way to learn and get better.

Good luck to you!! I bet you will do great. Posted on other thread that I was able to go through 3 tournaments (6-8) with my son and never were a powerhouse, but made it to elite 8 one year and unbelievable experience. Awesome memories.

Although certainly not directly comparable, it does have the feel of the HS Sweet 16 on Sunday (championship day) and may be as close to the big Dance that many of these kids will ever get to have.

MS 12th region at KBA this weekend teams/results included:

Rockcastle, West Jess, S Pulaski, N Pulaski, Bate, and Lincoln with N Pulaski winning over Lincoln in championship. I think most of those teams will be at State

MS 12th region at KBA this weekend teams/results included:

Rockcastle, West Jess, S Pulaski, N Pulaski, Bate, and Lincoln with N Pulaski winning over Lincoln in championship. I think most of those teams will be at State

Does pulaski who won it have the really tall young man who plays in nky for KBC?

Should be a good tournament- I think almost 50 teams have already signed up and there is usually a rush the last 2 weeks...Here are the teams that have signed up for MS 6th so far (alpha order)

Anderson County, Ashland, Augusta, B. Michael Caduill, Bate, Beaumont Middle, Bondurant, Bourbon County, Boyd Co, Casey Co, Christian Academy of Louisville, Clinton County, Conner Middle, Corbin, East Jessamine, Eastside Middle, EJ Hayes, Elkhorn, Elkhorn City, Georgetown, Hazard Middle, James D Adams, Jefferson County Traditional Middle (JCTMS), Johnson Traditional Middle (JTMS), Lincoln Co, LTMS, Lyon Co, Meece, Meyzeek Middle, Millard, Morton, Mt. Washington, North Laurel, North Oldham, Northern Pulaski, Pine Knot Elementary School, Powell County, Robert Campbell, Rowan Co, Royal Springs, Simons Middle School, South Laurel

South Oldham Middle, St Pius X, Tates Creek, Taylor Co, West Jessamine, Whitley County, Woodford County

6th Grade list is growing - here are some more that have signed up for the 6th State Championship at KBA during Jan 19-21:

East Oldham, Harrison, LCA, Leestown (Lex), Newburg, S Pulaski, Southern (Lex), and Newport.

The field is set and schedule is out for 6th Grade State Championships at KBA in Lexington for this weekend: Schedules

Pool Play starts Friday night, with Tournament play starting Saturday afternoon through Sunday, with Champion game starting about 5:30 PM on Sunday!! Should be a great tournament as there are teams all over the State and we have approximately 10 Teams with perfect records putting them on the line!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Teams Include:

Augusta

Anderson County

B. Michael Caudill

Bate

Beaumont Middle

Bondurant

Bourbon County

Boyd Co

Casey Co

Christian Academy of Louisville

Clinton County

Conner Middle

Corbin

Crosby

East Jessamine

East Oldham County Beast

Eastside Middle

EJ Hayes

Elkhorn City

Elkhorn Middle

Frankfort

Georgetown

Hacker Elementary Wildcats

Harrison County

Hazard Middle

Jackson County Colonels

James D Adams

Jefferson County Traditional Middle (JCTMS)

LCA

LCA Blue

Leestown

Lincoln Co

LTMS

Lyon Co

Meece

Meyzeek Middle

Millard

Morton

Mt. Washington

North Laurel

North Oldham County

Northern Pulaski

Pine Knot Elementary School

Powell County

Robert Campbell

Rockcastle

Rowan Co

Royal Springs

RW Combs

Simons Middle School

South Laurel

South Oldham Middle

Southern (Lexington)

Southern Pulaski

St Pius X

Tates Creek

Taylor County

West Jessamine

Westport

Whitley County

Woodford County

Update from 6th Grade.... Pool Games are almost complete (few more finishing up) and bracket play start this afternoon. Full results available at Schedules

The following teams won their pools (2-0)

Michael Caudill

Corbin

Casey Co

Royal Springs

Southern (Lex)

Harrison Co

Anderson Co

Hacker Elem

South Oldham

Leestown

N Pulaski

Meyzeek

Hazard

St Pius

North Laurel

Bondurant

Great games this weekend and now down to Elite 8 for 6th Grade State Tourney at KBA: Have 3 teams from Louisville, 1 from No KY, 1 from Lexington, and 1 each from Harrison County, Lyon County and Pulaski County

St Pius

JCTMS

Lyon

Crosby

Harrison

Meyzeek

Northern Pulaski

Southern (Lex)