Reds recall Jesse Winker from AAA

I still think that's going to Reed. That had him throwing in the bullpen in the 9th last night.

Mark Sheldon talked to Marty on the air during the top of the 2nd inning last night and he said his bet is that Romano gets the call on Sunday.

Still doesn't make sense. This team needs the extra arm in the bullpen, not an extra bat off the bench.

Astin pitched two innings last night so he probably wasn't going to pitch tonight anyway. Reed and Lorenzen have both been off since Monday. The bullpen should be alright the next couple nights. If they have to dip early you should have Lorenzen, Reed and Stephenson all available for an extended outing.

Astin pitched two innings last night so he probably wasn't going to pitch tonight anyway. Reed and Lorenzen have both been off since Monday. The bullpen should be alright the next couple nights. If they have to dip early you should have Lorenzen, Reed and Stephenson all available for an extended outing.

I'd still rather they have the extra arm. They don't need the extra bat.

Only way it makes sense to me is if he's up for good and going to take over for Schebler, which I can't imagine after only 10 games.

I'd still rather they have the extra arm. They don't need the extra bat.

Only way it makes sense to me is if he's up for good and going to take over for Schebler, which I can't imagine after only 10 games.

I'm sure we will find out the reason later, but I'd say there is no way they're benching Schebler already. Now he may get tonight off, but he's still the everyday RF.

I'm sure we will find out the reason later, but I'd say there is no way they're benching Schebler already. Now he may get tonight off, but he's still the everyday RF.

You are probably right, I'd just like to see him up here for good when it happens.

I tend to agree. However, as Doug Gray mentions "It would seem to be an early time in the year to call the Scott Schebler experiment over, but if the team believes that Jesse Winker is the future answer in the corner (either one of them), and they think that he’s ready to play in the big leagues right now, the move makes some sense. With the service time issue now behind them, why wait any longer?"