Ryle 2 Dixie Heights 1

Ryle and Dixie went at each other pretty hard all night in terms of attacking soccer. Very exciting game to watch. I thought Dixie played better and more connected soccer than I've seen them play prior this year. Dixie keeper Simon Yeager had a great game in goal coming up with a lot of key saves. Ryle had a deeper, more complete team and the end result was probably fair, but hats off to Dixie. They most certainly did not "park the bus." At times in the second half it was attack at one end followed by strong attack going back the other way. Great job both teams. Good luck to Ryle Saturday. Hoping for a Region 9 finals that prepares the team that moves on for a deep run in states

Good comments on this one Sir!

I thought this was a pretty exciting game to watch, Dixie was very scrappy and Ryle almost got more than they bargained for in this one.

Ryle had a couple chances to put it away, and didn't, this allowed Dixie to hang around. In the closing minutes, they had a good chance to send it to OT but could not do so.

The real question.......would Yellow have stayed for game 2 if the Dixie concessions had not been serving the deep fried oreos? Man they smelled awesome.....

:thumb:

OTB, They taste better then they smell. Three for $1. Don't wait for the end of the game to get you some. I will submit that the Dixie concession stand is the finest in the 9th District, if not this side of Lake Cumberland. Hats off to the Dixie Band Boosters who run it.

Ryle earned the win, no doubt about it. Dixie definitely did not go "9 in the box" and hang on for kicks. Dixie Keeper Yeager kept his team in the game. Ryle keeper not tested as much, but played no less important role to his team. One yellow card issued to a Ryle captain I believe (sorry no names), that I believe was more of a ref attempt to keep the game calm than a "well deserved" card. No parents thrown out, a great, reasonably large crowd for a soccer match.

Which ever team is crowned the 9th District Champ would have earned it. Congratulations in advance to the winner, to either the Colonels of Covington Catholic or the Raiders of Ryle. Here's to a great game Saturday afternoon, and seeing either of these teams in Lexington on November 7.

The real question.......would Yellow have stayed for game 2 if the Dixie concessions had not been serving the deep fried oreos? Man they smelled awesome.....

:thumb:

My son headed out with the seniors, my daughter stayed with me.... we were there at last call.

I almost had them convinced that there was a third game and that they should stay open a little longer.