Former Lawrence County & Marshall Standout Phillip Ratlif Passes Away

Wow, hate to hear this. I read earlier in the week that he suffered a "Cardiac Event", but had no idea it was this serious. Phillip was a dominate player, not only in high school, but in college. I remember watching him at Marshall to just see what he would do. He was a great player and had become a great high school and college coach.

Read the op of the article. This was an ongoing comment page.

This was posted a few hours ago. Comment 15. Just sayin'.

http://www.thelevisalazer.com/news/local-news/11916-lawrence-county-star-suffers-massive-heart-attack.html

2015-08-09 11:30

Uh....he has NOT passed away. Someone from the family should publicly clarify this because hundreds of people think he has!

This was posted a few hours ago. Comment 15. Just sayin'.

LAWRENCE COUNTY SPORTS LEGEND DIES AFTER WEEKLONG BATTLE - The Levisa Lazer

2015-08-09 11:30

Uh....he has NOT passed away. Someone from the family should publicly clarify this because hundreds of people think he has!

According to the article his brother confirmed it on Facebook. Hope it isn't true. Don't shoot the messenger...

Former Dawg, Herd lineman Ratliff dies at 44

Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2015 6:20 pm

Zack Klemme / The Independent

Phil Ratliff, an assistant football coach at UNC Charlotte and former star football player at Lawrence County High School and Marshall University, died Sunday at 44 after what the school called a “cardiac event” last Monday.

Ratliff’s high school football coach perhaps best summed up how those who knew the Louisa native felt about him.

“What a man,” former Lawrence County coach Billy Goldsmith said Sunday afternoon. “I’m just telling you, buddy, you’ve never met nobody like this. And you hear that kinda crap all the time, you know what I mean? .... I’m just telling you, no matter how many (people you talk to), you’ll never hear a negative word about this kid.”

Link