Newport Central Catholic 2 Campbell County 1

The Breds don't give up and come from behind to get the victory in walk-off fashion.

The Camels dent the plate for the games 1st run in the 5th. With one-out, Sara Terhaar hits an absolute missile that one hops the fence in center for a double and takes 3rd on PB. Jessica Verst then delivers a fly down the right-field line that results in a SAC-FLY.

The Breds were hitless until Michaela Ware's bunt single with 2-out in the 6th. Ware would steal 2nd and score on Casey Kohls single to right to tie things up. The Breds win it in the bottom of the 7th when with one-out, Haley Meyers hits a gap shot to the fence in right-center for a double. After a strike-out, Kennedy Bin hits one back to the circle, but it's not fielded cleanly and the Breds have them at 1st & 3rd. Alex Burkart running for Meyers at 3rd, scores on Lexi Breen's walk-off shot to the gap in right-center (must be noted, 8th grade center-fielder, McKinlee Miller, came within a step of making an UNBELIEVABLE running catch from out of nowhere).

Big tip of the cap to the Camels Sr. pitcher, Mallory McGrath, the young lady pitched one hell of a game tonight. :ylsuper:

Despite the 3 errors, the NewCath defense made some nice plays in the field, especially 3rd baseman Loren Zimmerman's bare-handed grab and throw on a bunt attempt. :ylsuper: If memory serves me correct, her 5th such play off the season. Kohls and Ware, up the middle, good on 10/11 chances.:thumb:

Campbell Co. 0-0-0-0-1-0-0---1-4-1

NewCath.......0-0-0-0-0-1-1---2-4-3

Meyers 3K's, 1BB

McGrath 10K's, 1BB

Breds travel to Dixie for a 7:00 pm tilt on Senior night, tomorrow. JV will get started at 5:00.

I haven't been able to watch as much varsity as I would like, but I thought Mallory looked better and better each time I've watched her. If I'm not mistaken, she's been pretty much behind the plate her whole high school career. So, it's pretty awesome to hear a so called 1st year pitcher doing well. They've hung in some tough games with some really good teams this year and maybe it's gonna payoff come district tournament. Congrats Camels and congrats to NewCath on the win tonite.