Highlands 23 Cooper 8

Sometimes you need to get your teams attention. Seems like it must have been a wakeup call so to speak.

From talking to a player this morning, it was a combo of a wake up call (running the hill Weds) and poking the bear.

(restating her story in my words):

Last night was Graybill's FIRST EVER start on the mound.

At the end of 3, it was Cooper 8 HHS 6. Cooper runs scored on walks and pitches past catcher.

Some Cooper players got a bit mouthy toward the Birds. (poking the bear) I wasn't there but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as she said.

The Birds started putting on a hitting clinic.

Spencer went back on the mound on a mission and retired the next 6 batters.

Coach Coffey needs to find the way to get that same fire lit in them every game.

I'm interested in hearing his take on the game. He should be here by now!

Lol! Who gets "mouthy" with a two rum lead after 3 innings. It's softball for cryin out loud. You know what can happen in softball in an instant? Oh yeah, 17 runs can happen. That sounds like it was a "good morning, good afternoon, good night" kinda game!

Lol! Who gets "mouthy" with a two rum lead after 3 innings. It's softball for cryin out loud. You know what can happen in softball in an instant? Oh yeah, 17 runs can happen.

That sounds like it was a "good morning, good afternoon, good night" kinda game!

And that's why I stay away from the rum. Ump...I'll just take another water please:)

Your the 2nd person I've been able to laugh about auto spell/correct....this is starting to be fun...hopefully I can catch some more.

Lol! Who gets "mouthy" with a two rum lead after 3 innings.

Pretty sure I'd be pretty mouthy after 6 or 8 rums. Especially in a 3 inning window.

At that pace, by time the 5th inning rolled around, it'd be intelligible mush mouthy.