(BB) Louisville 11 Virginia 4

jpa2825

Game 2 of 3. Strong outing for McKay who continues to impress. Gave up 4 runs in 1 inning and otherwise cruised through his 7 innings of work.

Ray (4-5, 2 Rs, 1 RBI), Whiting (2-4, 2 Rs, 3 RBI), Lucas (2-5 2 Rs, 1 RBI), Fitch (2-6, 2 RBI) and Rosenbaum (2-5 1 R, 1 RBI) led the offensive production.

Ray is firecracker hot right now!!!

Louisville's early-season performances against their new competition in the ACC have been impressive, to say the least.

Is there a third game with UVa tomorrow?

Yes. Odd SAT - MON series. 7:00 PM on ESPNU.

I don't follow baseball closely at all, but just from reading in the paper, it seems as though the Cardinals have two starters in Funkhauser and McKay that can make them instantly competitive in just about any series they'll play all year. That's a thrilling prospect given the way the postseason is set up. Here's hoping they can keep this level up.

I believe the first game of the annual home-and-home with UK is this week.

I don't follow baseball closely at all, but just from reading in the paper, it seems as though the Cardinals have two starters in Funkhauser and McKay that can make them instantly competitive in just about any series they'll play all year. That's a thrilling prospect given the way the postseason is set up. Here's hoping they can keep this level up.

I believe the first game of the annual home-and-home with UK is this week.

McKay is a FR. Any pitching they get from him is a bonus. Hope he keeps it up, but would not be shocked if he doesn't.

Funkhouser is a tested stud. Josh Rogers (see tonight's thread) is also a stud.

Bullpen is nasty.

Correct. UofL hosts UK on WED at Jim Paterson Stadium. #rubbermatch