Jeff Griffith to Barren County?

theguru

The timing and location are right, from another thread:

Esters resigns as football coach at Barren County - Glasgow Daily Times: Sports

Keep your head up Coach Esters.

A little known fact that most might not know, but one of the best and most popular coaches in our state right now used to be the head coach at Barren County back in the early 90's and had several 1st round exits in the early 90's.

His name for those wondering? Johnny Hines, current HC of the 2013 5A State Runners Up and 2014 5A State Champs, Pulaski County.

To add to it, his OC for some of those teams? Les May, current OC of the 5A State Runners Up, Graves County.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/barren-county-now-293871.html

Why would it be odd?

I had someone else tell me it was "pure adrenaline fueled insanity" because of the state of the program at Barren.

Barren is actually set up to be pretty good next year. they return just about everyone off of what was a very competitive team before injuries hit them hard.

I take it back...it wouldn't be odd...as that nothing will surprise me anymore after today.

The timing and location are right, from another thread:

Esters resigns as football coach at Barren County - Glasgow Daily Times: Sports

Keep your head up Coach Esters.

A little known fact that most might not know, but one of the best and most popular coaches in our state right now used to be the head coach at Barren County back in the early 90's and had several 1st round exits in the early 90's.

His name for those wondering? Johnny Hines, current HC of the 2013 5A State Runners Up and 2014 5A State Champs, Pulaski County.

To add to it, his OC for some of those teams? Les May, current OC of the 5A State Runners Up, Graves County.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/barren-county-now-293871.html

Guru - It appears this year more than any that coaches that are getting programs established like Esters, are not getting to carry out what they are building. It seems like that because it might take more than one assistant to Coach football that more and more teachers are being hired that will not coach, and administrators do not support football because of what it takes. It used to be the philosophy by my principal that he would not hire a teacher that was not willing to do something extra. He felt if they were committed outside the classroom to students then the personal investment would carry on inside the classroom. I hope that Coach Esters finds a great position, and best of luck.

Guru - It appears this year more than any that coaches that are getting programs established like Esters, are not getting to carry out what they are building. It seems like that because it might take more than one assistant to Coach football that more and more teachers are being hired that will not coach, and administrators do not support football because of what it takes. It used to be the philosophy by my principal that he would not hire a teacher that was not willing to do something extra. He felt if they were committed outside the classroom to students then the personal investment would carry on inside the classroom. I hope that Coach Esters finds a great position, and best of luck.

I agreed with this post 100%. IMO, Esters exceeded expectations, and I hope he lands on his feet at a program that stands behind him to the fullest extent.