Lexington Catholic 34 Mercer County 6

mcpapa

Sloppy game.

TOP IN 1st half.

LexCath 28 min

Mercer 7 min

LexCath play calling still bad.

Coaches are almost dysfunctional.

How does 538 total yards of offense equate to "poor play calling" and a "dysfunctional" staff? I'm interested in hearing how many games you've coached in/been apart of.

Edited by Randy Parker

How does 538 total yards of offense equate to "poor play calling" and a "dysfunctional" staff? I'm interested in hearing how many games you've coached in/been apart of.

This team lacks any confidence on the offensive side. It is getting done with talent. If this team plays Highlands tomorrow its running clock against. And its not the players. It not the new lineman, it is certainly not the arsenal weapons on the offensive side. That has to get better by end of the season. To not score on every drive tonight and have the players feeling good about it is not the right place to be.

As a national silver medalist head coach I think I know the key success factors.

Edited by Randy Parker

Biugrasscard has a point. When you outgain someone 527 to 81 total yards who plays without there starting qb who is pretty good and it is 20~6 at the end of 3 qtrs that is not good.

That was the main metric that stirred the comments.

It may sound cliche-sh but a problem this coaching crew may have is that there so much talent and so many plays to choose from that it is hard to get a rhythm and adjust the potential personal packages involved play to play.

There are 2 outstanding running backs with Marcelis Logan and Noah Mitchell, who complement each other very well. And you have Carter Grey coming on an excellent running back this year. Usually the Knights have had one main running back. But this year they have 3.

There is Reese Ryan who is throwing for over 300 yards a game. He can usually be deadly accurate 30+ yards out of the end zone. And he has shown incredible mobility this year. He can move and take when the receivers are covered. The favorite receivers are David Bouvier who now holds the career record for receptions and has been all-city 2 years running. And there is Sam Letton at TE and wideout who can run past defenders and catch almost anything in reach.

Another name that should start to come up is Donovan Morris. He had a catch and some after catch moves that almost got him into the end zone in heavy traffic. So this is another strong arrow in the quiver.

The staff will get it sorted out. They have to in less than 6 days. And if things go right it will be key later on in November.