Covington Catholic 4 Campbell 1

Next game for CovCath is Sunday at 1:00 pm, at CCH. I believe they will

play the winner of Dixie vs. Boone.

Great job Michael Hellman ! Very solid team victory, good defense and heady

plays. Camels are a good team that was 9-3 going into the game, including

two wins over Ryle.

The Good: Michael Hellman, who like Bruggman throws a complete game, while giving up only 2 hits and one run. Now fans of the Ninth understand when Theoldguy and others tried to tell you this CovCath team is deep, very deep in pitching.

The Bad and Ugly: Nothing at all, not even the weather.

Pee Wee's Place Offensive play of the game

Bottom of the CovCath first. Siemer walks, steal second. No outs, man on second. Waringing puts dows a great SAC bunt 2-4 to move Siemer to third. Birthday Boy Matt Klein hits a SF to 8 to knock in the first CovCath run. CovCath then goes on to scored a run in the 2nd, 3rd and 5th innings.

BAWAC Inc. Defensive play of the game:

This play was huge! In Campbell County top half of the 6th with CovCath leading 4-1, #8 gets a base hit and steals second. #3 goes U-3 for the second out while man on second moves to third. #27 then hits a ball to Schlagbaum at third who throws the ball home to "Birthday Boy Klein" as the runner goes home. Klein throws back to Schlagbaum and then to Hellman who tags the runner out for the second but then the Camels runner tries to move from first to second but Hellman throws a strike to Siemer who tags out the Camel runner sliding into second. 5-2-5-1-4 and if you were there you knew this game was over.

Grubers Grill star of the game: How can it be anyone else but Junior Michael Hellman.

CovCath pitching:

Michael Hellmann (W) 86 pitches 7 complete innings 26 PA 2 hits 1 run 1 earned run 1 walk 6 K's and 2 hbp WOW....

CovCath hitting:

Siemer 3 PA 2 runs scored 2 hits 1 walk and 1 sb

Warning 3 PA 1 run scored 1 walk and 2 sac bunts

Klein 3 PA 1 hit 1 rbi 1 SF

Nienanber CR PO 1st

Gerwe 3 PA 1 hit and 1 rbi

Stayton 3 PA 1 hit

Nienanber PR

Martin 3 PA 1 hit and 1 sac bunt

Severson 3 PA 1 run scored 1 walk and 1 sac bunt

Schlagbaum 3 PA and reached base via E-9

Stein 1 PA and 1 K

Grosser PH 1 PA

Theoldguy would like to tip his hat to Mr. Brennan Schlagbaum, as today Slag did just a great job playing third base. In the game vs Campbell County today, Slag had 2 PO and 4 assist. Great job young man! Remember to believe in yourself, because I and your teammates believe in you!

CovCath improves their record to 8-6 and plays Dixie in the third round of the Doc Morris Wooden Bat tourney @ CovCath at 1pm on Sunday April 18th.

Edited by swamprat
code link embedded in the post causeing browser hang.

Thank you sir! BTW how is the young man (Left hand pitcher) who came out of the game against Ryle that was pitching so well?

He's is right handed, David Jenkins. That last pitch, that went half way up the backstop, when he threw it something popped in his elbow. I have to get him in Monday to see an Orthapedic. (sp). Right now his fingers are a little numb and he is hurting some. Not complaining much, but he is pretty bummed out. Thank you for asking.

He's is right handed, David Jenkins. That last pitch, that went half way up the backstop, when he threw it something popped in his elbow. I have to get him in Monday to see an Orthapedic. (sp). Right now his fingers are a little numb and he is hurting some. Not complaining much, but he is pretty bummed out. Thank you for asking.

Long day, sorry. I hope for his sake and the Camels he will be fine and gets back on the hump soon. Enjoyed watching him pitch and he was in complete control, and I say pitching because that what he was doing. He was a perfect example of a pitcher, not a thrower! Good luck!

Covington Catholic 2, Dixie Heights 1 (12 innings)

In an outstanding game of old fashion baseball, Covington Catholic won 2-1. However, after saying that, this game was played well by both teams. Dixie Heights did not deserve to loose. Congrats to both teams. Covington Catholic will now play at 5:00pm-Dixie Heights High School-opposing team to be determined. More details to follow.