Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Great Game

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Great Game

  1. Boone yes...Cov Cath no.
  2. No doubt...Boone should be 3rd or 4th. The 33rd should be fun to watch and see how it shakes out.:idunno:
  3. I agree totally...he has shown in the past few seasons that he can be a very solid gap hitter, but consistency will be the key. No doubt the best 2nd baseman in NKY. He is a super nice young man and I will be rooting for him.
  4. I agree...just thought I would make a point. It happens every year with both individual players and team polls.
  5. A continued "lack of love" for NKY!!!
  6. Slug, very friendly retort...I surely thought you would have come back with your own "kick your butt" response!
  7. I like your list except I would put Campbell ahead of CovCath. Brossart could definitely be a factor and jump in the top 10. Not sure how 1 through 4 will end up working out but it sure should be fun to watch!
  8. I saw Blank play a few times this past Fall...he should be a good one!
  9. Even though I have not seen Boyd and St. X, I will have to agree with Coop and TOG because they both know what good high school fields look like. I saw Male last year and thought it was awesome.
  10. Howie does an awesome job for sure! I haven't been out to Ryle's field since the end of last season, but from what I heard there has been a bunch of upgrades. I was told it looks fantastic...:thumb:
  11. Dixie has an excellent rotation for sure, but I also like Ryle's returning staff of Donovan, Hempel, Rodgers, Imai. They all had significant time on the mound last year.
  12. No... He will be a force on the mound and at the plate this year. I believe he will be in the running for POY by year end.
  13. I agree...that was some of the worst tackling at this level of football that I have ever seen. This lack of tackling was the major reason Ryle got pounded.
  14. I can attest that The Old Guy does indeed know his talent, and probably watches as much high school baseball as anyone, even though he does see a certain shade of colonel blue. LOL:laugh:
  15. When I made my comments earlier in the thread I was talking about the last few years and was attempting to draw a correlation between having a fairly young team last year, their tough schedule, and winning 9 of their last 11 games plus the 33rd District title, and in the end a tough 1 run loss to a pretty good NCC team in the regional. I wasn't making any general comments about Roesel's abilities just the philosophy, which to some degree seems to make sense.
  16. I sure thought so for Ryle in looking at the schedules in both 2008 and 2009. It didn't work out in 2008, but in 2009 I think the tough schedule and being able to compete with the best teams in the 9th, Louisville, and Lexington gave a younger team the confidence to win a extremely tough 33rd District.
  17. Looks like the Roesel school of thought... his belief is that you can't begin to compete at tournament time if you haven't played a tough schedule during the regular season. If you look at Ryle's schedule the last couple of years you will see that they played probably the most difficult schedule in the 9th.
  18. He is very solid behind the plate with a way above average arm. I have seen him play a few times and to go along with his physical skills he does a tremendous job handling the pitchers. I heard he is having a great summer with really one area to improve on is hitting consistently.
  19. I will make a prediction that he is in the running for POY next year and will win it in 2011
  20. I like this list except I would add Holy Cross into the mix...
  21. I totally agree...at least 2nd team.:idunno:
  22. Congrats to Luke on a fantastic high school career and he is definitely a pro player in the making....but I will stick to my previous statement that in my opinion hea wasn't the POY in NKY this year.
  23. I would definitely look at Krumps for sure and or Roesel over Arlinghaus this year. Another big year for Krumps yet there were high expectations. Roesel on the other hand had no expectations, went 18-14-1, played about a third of his schedule against the top 15 ranked teams (at the time) in the state (losing by 1 run to Male, Trinity, Western Hills and Cov Cath 2x), played against almost all of the top teams in NKY, and did this with 3 senior, 3 junior, 2 sophmore field players. Ryle also had only two senior pitchers in the 5 man starting rotation. They won 10 of 11 to finish the season, the one loss being a 2-1 loss vs CovCath. They then went on to win the 33rd Distict Championship the hard way, having to beat Connor and Boone, and lost in extra innings to NewCath in a heartbreaker in the opening game of the regional. :idunno:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.