9th region freshman

OhioForce1

Ryle had six 8th graders (Jake Ashley, Travis Pavy, Hide Imai, Tyler Mason, Tanner Pulice, Jacob Raines) last year that started in the Freshman championship game. Some of those may move up to JV as freshman this season. All were pretty good and five of them hit one through five in the tournament last year. Pretty strong class overall.

Cooper had three 8th graders last year that saw a lot of time at Varsity.

Tyler Morris was brought up mid season to help with catching.

AJ Collins was starting catcher.

Jared Blank started a lot at second and played SS and 3rd when those position starters were pitching.

Adam Carella was an 8th grader and played JV and did very well.

Cooper had three 8th graders last year that saw a lot of time at Varsity.

Tyler Morris was brought up mid season to help with catching.

AJ Collins was starting catcher.

Jared Blank started a lot at second and played SS and 3rd when those position starters were pitching.

Adam Carella was an 8th grader and played JV and did very well.

I saw Blank play a few times this past Fall...he should be a good one!

Ryle had six 8th graders (Jake Ashley, Travis Pavy, Hide Imai, Tyler Mason, Tanner Pulice, Jacob Raines) last year that started in the Freshman championship game. Some of those may move up to JV as freshman this season. All were pretty good and five of them hit one through five in the tournament last year. Pretty strong class overall.

Ryle had a great freshman team last year, no doubt that these kids played a huge role in their success. I saw their regional tournament win over Dixie last year, and remember being very impressed by their younger kids.

Best and Ohmer played JV at Scott last year.

Nussbaum at Beechwood.

Newberry pitcher at Simon Kenton

Tiberi and Callery both from the Flames at Holy Cross.

I've heard nothing but good things about Tiberi. He'll most likely bypass the freshman level and move right on to JV. Could even see some Varsity playing time.

I've heard nothing but good things about Tiberi. He'll most likely bypass the freshman level and move right on to JV. Could even see some Varsity playing time.

Would you know if this is the Tiberi that played for the Cincy Flames over the last few years? If so, we faced him several times and he is a nice pitcher.

What have you heard about the HHS Freshmen team? How many Freshman are trying out? Who are some of the stand outs?

I believe they had roughly 25 7th, 8th & 9th graders at the first official night of tryouts last night. This will be an interesting season - not only the first HHS frosh team in years (if not ever), but kids are coming from all over the place baseball background-wise. Like somebody said somewhere on this site, it's going to take some years, but I truly believe the coach & his staff have this program moving in the right direction and will turn it into something the community and kids can be proud of. :thumb:

I believe they had roughly 25 7th, 8th & 9th graders at the first official night of tryouts last night. This will be an interesting season - not only the first HHS frosh team in years (if not ever), but kids are coming from all over the place baseball background-wise. Like somebody said somewhere on this site, it's going to take some years, but I truly believe the coach & his staff have this program moving in the right direction and will turn it into something the community and kids can be proud of. :thumb:

My son told me there are only about 5-6 Freshman trying out, the rest are 7th & 8th graders. Freshman team will be very young. I am surprised not more Freshman are going out for the team.