Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSBCA All-State Teams

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an honest observer with absolutely no ties to Cov. Cath, I find it almost laughable that Ryan Darner is not on either of these teams or even an honorable mention for All-State with the numbers he put up this season.

Hitting with protection from Mr. Baseball or not, you still have to hit the ball and produce and he did just that all season long at an amazing clip.

I know that worthy players are left off the list year in and year out, but the voters quite simply got this one wrong.

As an honest observer with absolutely no ties to Cov. Cath, I find it almost laughable that Ryan Darner is not on either of these teams or even an honorable mention for All-State with the numbers he put up this season.

Hitting with protection from Mr. Baseball or not, you still have to hit the ball and produce and he did just that all season long at an amazing clip.

I know that worthy players are left off the list year in and year out, but the voters quite simply got this one wrong.

 

I totally agree...at least 2nd team.:idunno:

I guess knocking in 65 rbi's this year (last year 43)and having 50 + hits (for the second year in a row) isn't considered good enough in the rest of the Commonwelath. :confused: Then again, I guess one team from NKy isn't worthy of having three memeber on the All Star team! :idunno:

I guess knocking in 65 rbi's this year (last year 43)and having 50 + hits (for the second year in a row) isn't considered good enough in the rest of the Commonwelath. :confused: Then again, I guess one team from NKy isn't worthy of having three memeber on the All Star team! :idunno:

 

I'm a huge RD fan and feel he should have been considered at a minimum of second team. The unknown for us is having his stats and not of those that were chosen. But keep in mind this is a coaches poll and has plenty of room for question. Just in our coaches polls here in NKY players with better stats were snubbed? RD has nothing to prove to anyone in regards to his level of talent. He will do well wherever he goes to school. IMO coaches polls except for the obvious picks like a Luke Maile become clickish. As for RD, it's just a poll taken from coaches throughout the state in which 75% have never seen you play. If they'd had only seen you, the vote would have been different! I wish this kid only the best and wish someday the politics could take a back seat!

I'm surprised that Luke Rakestraw from South Laurel did not make the east-west all star game at the very least. He was one of the top two players in the region this year in my opinion, and several from the region made the team:confused:.

IMO Ryan Darner from Covcath should have been second team or honorable mention but I see how its hard to choose because he was a very strong hitter but there are many strong hitters who were likely not chosen. I too find it sad however that on a team with Maile, Isler, and Darner...only one will represent in the all star game in lexington. All three were very deserving.

Wow! Darner really got screwed!

IMO Ryan Darner from Covcath should have been second team or honorable mention but I see how its hard to choose because he was a very strong hitter but there are many strong hitters who were likely not chosen. I too find it sad however that on a team with Maile, Isler, and Darner...only one will represent in the all star game in lexington. All three were very deserving.

 

 

I like Conner great kid but how do you keep a young man who was chosen First Team All State off the team and put a young man who was only given a Honorable mention in Isler place? Doesn't make much sense to me at least it?

 

The 9th Region information man for the KHSBCA is! Jeff Schulkens (Newport Central Catholic) : E-mail : [email protected] : Phone (859)-292-0001. ext.11

 

BTW I just wrote him, asking how does Isler get left off this team!

Edited by Theoldguy

Eli Howard of Franklin County deserved at least honorable mention. Nice to see Thompson named honorable mention and named to the East Junior All-Stars. Will he be participating? It is also great to see Jordan Cumpston be selected to participate in the Sophomore showcase. FC will have a heck of a team next year with Thompson, Cumpston and Sutherland on the mound to go with catcher Woolums, McKee, youngster Eric Meyer and Trey Willis.

You have to question the validity of a system that list Joe Joe Sims of the 5th region as honorable mention when he was the 5th region player of year and put another player in the region as first team all state. What does the committee know that the coaches in the region do not.

Now I know that Owensboro didn't have a great regular season, but they did make it to the state finals. Nearly every team that made it to Applebee's had 2 first or second team guys. Apparently someone forgot to tell the 'Boro that they didn't have any all state talent, being as they beat all those that did.

 

Seriously, one honorable mention for the state runner up?

Not every coach in the state gets to vote. You have to be a member of the Kentucky High School Coaches Association. After all, it is their all-state team.

 

As for Owensboro, I'm fairly certain the votes were submitted before the postseason, which would be when O'boro was 6-14. I'm sure there weren't many bright spots at that time.

 

As far as Joe Joe Simms goes, only the 5th region coaches vote for Region POY. Washington County played 11 games against out-of-region opponents. E-town played 13 games against out of region opponents, and it's likely that's where Chase Greenwell picked up the extra votes

Great to see Apollo's freshman catcher Dalton West make the list as honorable mention. This kid is going to be a stud before his career is over.

I like Conner great kid but how do you keep a young man who was chosen First Team All State off the team and put a young man who was only given a Honorable mention in Isler place? Doesn't make much sense to me at least it?

 

The 9th Region information man for the KHSBCA is! Jeff Schulkens (Newport Central Catholic) : E-mail : [email protected] : Phone (859)-292-0001. ext.11

 

BTW I just wrote him, asking how does Isler get left off this team!

 

Politics. Heck..Ray Charles could see whats going on! I think the system needs to be revamped. Maybe having a neutral party involved who can look at the stats of each player and review without a personal interest would help? Also, make it mandatory as a KHSAA baseball coach where he or she participates in the voting. Obviously, it has some issues. But, I will say this, my comments are not to take anything away from current All- state / All -star recipients. Congrats to all of them!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.