Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSBCA All-State Teams

Featured Replies

I believe the all Star team is voted on by the coaches. I not 100% on this but I think each region gets 2 players one from DI and one from DII. If I'm not mistaken a coach is not allowed from to vote for a player from his own team. There are many deserving players out there, not enough spots for all. Mailie and Connor are the truly the best annd most deserving from their divisions.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Apollo's freshman catcher Dalton West make the list as honorable mention. This kid is going to be a stud before his career is over.

 

I'd venture to say he's already a stud.

I believe the all Star team is voted on by the coaches. I not 100% on this but I think each region gets 2 players one from DI and one from DII. If I'm not mistaken a coach is not allowed from to vote for a player from his own team. There are many deserving players out there, not enough spots for all. Mailie and Connor are the truly the best annd most deserving from their divisions.

 

So, this isn't about the best players making the team from the state and this isn't a knock on Conner at all, as I said earlier great kid.....

So, this isn't about the best players making the team from the state and this isn't a knock on Conner at all, as I said earlier great kid.....

 

Sure it's about the best Isler is a pitcher Connor is a 2nd baseman????? If you feel so strongly about Isler making it look at the pitchers that are playing not the infielders.:confused:

I agree Isler belongs as a pitcher but I'll take Connor at 2nd over him anyday.:laugh:

Sure it's about the best Isler is a pitcher Connor is a 2nd baseman????? If you feel so strongly about Isler making it look at the pitchers that are playing not the infielders.:confused:

I agree Isler belongs as a pitcher but I'll take Connor at 2nd over him anyday.:laugh:

 

No complaints with your statement at all, but when a young man goes

12-0 (and signs with a D1 school as a pitcher) and has pitched against the best in Kentucky all season long, then my pick is a pitcher over a second baseman. Conner is a great 2nd baseman and a good pitcher, but Isler had a dream season on the hump and as they say, pitching is 90% of the game of baseball.

 

BTW who had a better season on he hump than Isler did this season from across the state of Kentucky? I highly doubt you will find many kids with a (I wish I had my book with me, so this is off the top of my head) 12-0 record with 70 innings or so and a 1.00 something era that pitched against as many quality teams as ICE did.

 

I have no problem with Conner playing in the game and I am happy for him and his Dad but for the NKy coaches to snub what Ice did ithis season, is such a shame, when in fact the State Wide Coaches picked him as a First Team All State member! It just doesn't make sense

I like Conner great kid but how do you keep a young man who was chosen First Team All State off the team and put a young man who was only given a Honorable mention in Isler place? Doesn't make much sense to me at least it?

 

The 9th Region information man for the KHSBCA is! Jeff Schulkens (Newport Central Catholic) : E-mail : [email protected] : Phone (859)-292-0001. ext.11

 

BTW I just wrote him, asking how does Isler get left off this team!

 

For what it's worth:Coach Schulkens and I just had a very nice chat about the picking of the All Star team. Very nice gentlemen and we will see each other at the game on Sunday in Lexington.

 

If you would like to know what we talked about, just PM me, but I won't get back to you until later tonight as I am going to the Ky Colonels game at St. Henry. If you see me at the game,ask me about our chat!

You have to question the validity of a system that list Joe Joe Sims of the 5th region as honorable mention when he was the 5th region player of year and put another player in the region as first team all state. What does the committee know that the coaches in the region do not.

 

I know one thing he sure is one heck of an athlete. Just as the East football squad in football he came in and did a heck of a job at the QB position last week. And for him to be name the 5th region player of the year in baseball that says alot especially heim coming from Washington Co and not from Etown, North Hardin, Central Hardin and many more.

No complaints with your statement at all, but when a young man goes

12-0 (and signs with a D1 school as a pitcher) and has pitched against the best in Kentucky all season long, then my pick is a pitcher over a second baseman. Conner is a great 2nd baseman and a good pitcher, but Isler had a dream season on the hump and as they say, pitching is 90% of the game of baseball.

 

BTW who had a better season on he hump than Isler did this season from across the state of Kentucky? I highly doubt you will find many kids with a (I wish I had my book with me, so this is off the top of my head) 12-0 record with 70 innings or so and a 1.00 something era that pitched against as many quality teams as ICE did.

 

I have no problem with Conner playing in the game and I am happy for him and his Dad but for the NKy coaches to snub what Ice did ithis season, is such a shame, when in fact the State Wide Coaches picked him as a First Team All State member! It just doesn't make sense

 

What a joke to snub Isler.

 

The explanation shouldn't have to be given on a PM. Is there something to hide? If not, the weak excuses should be posted on this blog.

I'd like to know how int he world Hunter Jones can be left off this list completely. DII POY, Junior all-star game representative, his stats are more than solid and legit. This is a joke.

I'd like to know how int he world Hunter Jones can be left off this list completely. DII POY, Junior all-star game representative, his stats are more than solid and legit. This is a joke.

 

I don't know Hunter Jones and I am sure he is a good ball player. So I am sure you get the point. Its all about location or about who picks the teams. Don't read to much into this. There are several very good ball player in the state that should be on the all state team. There are limited numbers that can be put in there. Life is the same way and it is a good lesson. The cream will come to the top. Just keep working and good thing will happen.

I'd like to know how int he world Hunter Jones can be left off this list completely. DII POY, Junior all-star game representative, his stats are more than solid and legit. This is a joke.

 

Completely agree.

 

He's a very talented player with all the tools, accolades and statistics to back them up who even if not named to one of the first two teams should be at least listed as an honorable mention player for the 9th Region.

Aren't these things voted on by the high school coaches?? Yes they are?

Isler heck yes should have played as well as Darner. Connor belongs and of course Mailie no question. Tyler Brake IMO should be included as well. How many can you vote for? Jones is solid and played with the Jrs so?????

The All Star coaching staff picks part of the teams as well don't they?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I'd like to know how int he world Hunter Jones can be left off this list completely. DII POY, Junior all-star game representative, his stats are more than solid and legit. This is a joke.

 

I agree with you. But, as most of us are aware the ball starts rolling in our own Region's. Currently, all I've heard is the coaches vote, but not all of them? What?? Some do not respond to call to promote thier own Kids? That's a problem in itself. But more so is the trickle down effect it will cause by not placing a vote for another player from another team. Ultimatley what happens is it allows a smaller group of coaches to vote on numbers and statitics that are skewed. Therefore they can do as they like without retribution. I am not a coach and it's not my responsibility nor any other person other than the coaches themselves to figure out. But, it can use some work because right now it appears a small group of coaches can manipulate the system simply from a lack responses or other coaches feel the system wouldnt change anyway. To that remark I would challenge the coaches who do not vote to do thier part and vote for a player of your own or one you feel has the stats to be an All-Star. All current recipients are good student/Athletes. But....what is the criteria used to determine?

You have to be a paying member of the KHSBCA in order to vote on the KHSBCA team.

I believe the all Star team is voted on by the coaches. I not 100% on this but I think each region gets 2 players one from DI and one from DII. If I'm not mistaken a coach is not allowed from to vote for a player from his own team. There are many deserving players out there, not enough spots for all. Mailie and Connor are the truly the best annd most deserving from their divisions.

 

This isn't Ohio. :confused:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.