Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best pitcher in Kentucky high school

Featured Replies

I have seen a few young players pitchers. Against Jackson City a young 8th grader now a freshman named Alex Hamilton pitched a 15 strike out cg. Then in the district tourney a experienced Dakota Richie pitched a 18 strike out cg shut out. Dakota is a senior and will be missed by his team. Alex has a lot of potential and has a wide range of pitches and a nice curve. Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Edited by threetimelover
Rule 13

  • Replies 32
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey Littrell

 

This guy... he may be the best is a several state radius.

The young man from Franklin County Thompson impress me more last year as a Junior, than any pitcher that I saw throw last year and I saw a lot of HS pitchers throw.

 

I have heard he hurt his arm, but he surely did impress me in the game I saw him pitch.

Corey Littrell.

Old Guy you need to get out more...Littrell is at the top with Trevor Gott and Brandon Alphin among the states top pitchers. Hageman and Kyle Cornett needs to be mentioned also as one of the best in the state...

Old Guy you need to get out more...Littrell is at the top with Trevor Gott and Brandon Alphin among the states top pitchers. Hageman and Kyle Cornett needs to be mentioned also as one of the best in the state...

 

I have not seen Hageman play, but would love to. I've heard a lot about him. I've never seen a ball fly out of a pitcher's hand like it does with Trevor Gott. He seems to creat torque with his body unlike anyone I've seen before. He has, however, gotten by on overpowering batters. His off-speed pitches are underdeveloped. If he would learn to throw a better breaking ball and change-up, he could be a drafted in the top few rounds of the MLB draft. He also creates a lot of torque with his body with the bat. For his size, he can hit with a lot of power.

Old Guy you need to get out more...Littrell is at the top with Trevor Gott and Brandon Alphin among the states top pitchers. Hageman and Kyle Cornett needs to be mentioned also as one of the best in the state...

 

Oh I think attending around 65/70 HS games a year and maybe around 20 summer games this year is getting out a bit! :lol: Any more and the Boss of 39 years, would kill me!

 

 

Note that I said pitchers that I saw pitch! I only comment on players I have seen play/pitch. :thumb:

Everyone needs to watch Clay Cinnamon from Mercer.

Old Guy you need to get out more...Littrell is at the top with Trevor Gott and Brandon Alphin among the states top pitchers. Hageman and Kyle Cornett needs to be mentioned also as one of the best in the state...

 

I can attest that The Old Guy does indeed know his talent, and probably watches as much high school baseball as anyone, even though he does see a certain shade of colonel blue. LOL:laugh:

Cinnamon is definitely a good pitcher, but is young and tends to tire out. 88 in the first turns into 82 in the 4th. He is still learning command of his offspeed stuff. Thompson at Franklin County is a big bodied guy who throws more than he pitches. He too tends to max out early touching 90 but fading fast. In my opinion, both of these guys will be very good college pitchers and have a chance to play at the level above. When compared to Littrell, however, there is clear separation in their overall makeup and polish as pitchers. Littrell works at 87 consistently and will touch 90, but doesn't make it an effort to throw there. His slider is very good and he mixes it up well with a change. This isn't to say that Cinnamon nor Thompson are good pitchers - or that they don't have second (or third pitches); it's just that Littrell is a good deal better currently than both.

I agree with everything The Engineer said... we are lucky in this state to have so much good talent so we should all be happy and congratulate these kids.

 

Littrell really picked it up this spring and early summer. He hit 94 and worked at 90 in Cincy as he shut out a very good California team. He also went three innings with five K's and one run at the East Coast Pro Showcase... a scout invite only event for the top 150 players in the nation. Whispers are he could be taken in the late first or mid-second round in next years draft.

 

You want to know the best thing about him? He's a good kid and is respectful to the game.

 

I think every player mentioned in this thread is worthy of their recognition and I'm excited to see the quality of ball these guys put on the field next year.

Cinnamon is definitely a good pitcher, but is young and tends to tire out. 88 in the first turns into 82 in the 4th. He is still learning command of his offspeed stuff. Thompson at Franklin County is a big bodied guy who throws more than he pitches. He too tends to max out early touching 90 but fading fast. In my opinion, both of these guys will be very good college pitchers and have a chance to play at the level above. When compared to Littrell, however, there is clear separation in their overall makeup and polish as pitchers. Littrell works at 87 consistently and will touch 90, but doesn't make it an effort to throw there. His slider is very good and he mixes it up well with a change. This isn't to say that Cinnamon nor Thompson are good pitchers - or that they don't have second (or third pitches); it's just that Littrell is a good deal better currently than both.

 

Everything said about Littrell is true. Taking it a step further, with his command of off-speed, that 88 mph fastball looks a lot faster. He can throw three pitches for strikes in any part of the count. This keeps batters off-balance so much more. He can start out the at bat with several effective off-speed pitches. Too, colleges (and pros) love left-handers--especially 6'3"-6'4" like Littrell is.

Cinnamon is definitely a good pitcher, but is young and tends to tire out. 88 in the first turns into 82 in the 4th. He is still learning command of his offspeed stuff. Thompson at Franklin County is a big bodied guy who throws more than he pitches. He too tends to max out early touching 90 but fading fast. In my opinion, both of these guys will be very good college pitchers and have a chance to play at the level above. When compared to Littrell, however, there is clear separation in their overall makeup and polish as pitchers. Littrell works at 87 consistently and will touch 90, but doesn't make it an effort to throw there. His slider is very good and he mixes it up well with a change. This isn't to say that Cinnamon nor Thompson are good pitchers - or that they don't have second (or third pitches); it's just that Littrell is a good deal better currently than both.

 

 

Engineer, about Thompson: Is it true that he hurt his arm? When I attended the East vs. West all star game at UK, I was told that he had.

 

As far as his speed dropping off in later inings, I honestly didn't see that in the two game that I saw him pitch but I will agree he throws more than picthes! I agree he can be a very good college pitcher and with some coaching, a very good "pitcher" with a future.

 

Guess I will have to take a trip to see Littrell pitch next year! Maybe during the 2010 "LIT" I will get the chance!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.