Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best pitcher in Kentucky high school

Featured Replies

Corey Littrel is probabley the best pitcher in the state.

I was told that "LIL BUBBA" Andrew Bowling quit the Trinity Baseball Team for a week or two and his Dad, Big Bubba Bowling said he would send him to J-Town or Seneca, take away his car and several other items if he quit his senior year. Now he wants Lil Bubba to pitch this year! Also rumored that Carney wants to quit baseball too. Does anyone have any info about this:taz:.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who it Littrell? 94 mph? Where was he last season? I'm not being skeptical, but I had a pretty close eye on HS baseball the past four years and i don't remember the name.

Who it Littrell? 94 mph? Where was he last season? I'm not being skeptical, but I had a pretty close eye on HS baseball the past four years and i don't remember the name.

 

He plays for Trinity. He pitched in last year's state high school tournament in a delayed game. The game was continued but Corey went to his grandfather's funeral and Trinity ended up losing the game. He has given a verbal commitment to U of K. He pitched in the exclusive East Coast Showcase. He played last summer for the Kentucky Baseball Club 17U and had some impressive wins, including one in Cincinnati against a top team from California.

Cinnamon is definitely a good pitcher, but is young and tends to tire out. 88 in the first turns into 82 in the 4th. He is still learning command of his offspeed stuff. Thompson at Franklin County is a big bodied guy who throws more than he pitches. He too tends to max out early touching 90 but fading fast. In my opinion, both of these guys will be very good college pitchers and have a chance to play at the level above. When compared to Littrell, however, there is clear separation in their overall makeup and polish as pitchers. Littrell works at 87 consistently and will touch 90, but doesn't make it an effort to throw there. His slider is very good and he mixes it up well with a change. This isn't to say that Cinnamon nor Thompson are good pitchers - or that they don't have second (or third pitches); it's just that Littrell is a good deal better currently than both.

 

I have to disagree with you on Cinnamon. I watched him throw a few times this summer and his best strength was the fact he got stronger in most all his games as they went along. He would start out 85-88 and then around the third inning be 87-90 and would sustain it through the rest of the game. His curveball wasn't nearly as crisp this year as I have seen in the past but his changeup was much better and was sitting around 72-76. It had very good speed differential. Also heard he went undefeated for his summer team and had an era below 1 with over 100 k's, not sure on stats but thats what was told to me. The last game I saw him throw was for the 19u Danville Legion team and he was still throwing 85-88 in the 9th inning against Oldham County.

That's fine. I've seen him a number of times and he has not maintained a consistent velocity. He's a good pitcher and a good kid....just needs to gain some strength. It's little wonder that a he can't maintain 88....imagine what he'll be like when he matures and gains some muscle mass!

Who it Littrell? 94 mph? Where was he last season? I'm not being skeptical, but I had a pretty close eye on HS baseball the past four years and i don't remember the name.

 

Corey Littrell is the real deal and will be the best pitcher in KY next year. Here are his stats from last season/summer:

 

Trinity Spring Season:

 

Record 8-2, 70 IP, 93 Ks, 27 BBs, 38 Hits given up, and only 4 earned runs (0.40 ERA).

 

KBC Summer Season:

 

Record 5-0, 36 IP, 39 Ks, 11 BBs, 21 Hits given up, and only 4 earned runs (0.78 ERA).

 

Combined Stats for Spring/Summer:

 

Record 13-2, 106 IP, 132 Ks, 38 BBs, 59 Hits given up, and only 8 earned runs (0.53 ERA).

 

Convinced?

Corey Littrell is the real deal and will be the best pitcher in KY next year. Here are his stats from last season/summer:

 

Trinity Spring Season:

 

Record 8-2, 70 IP, 93 Ks, 27 BBs, 38 Hits given up, and only 4 earned runs (0.40 ERA).

 

KBC Summer Season:

 

Record 5-0, 36 IP, 39 Ks, 11 BBs, 21 Hits given up, and only 4 earned runs (0.78 ERA).

 

Combined Stats for Spring/Summer:

 

Record 13-2, 106 IP, 132 Ks, 38 BBs, 59 Hits given up, and only 8 earned runs (0.53 ERA).

 

Convinced?

 

I wasn't asking to be convinced of anything. I legitimately had not heard of the kid. I was not implying he was bad. I just have no idea who he is. I followed high school baseball very closely as my brother played for CovCath for four years, so I was at a lot of games and kept a close eye. I just thought I'd have heard about him. You had nothing to convince me of and I'm sure he'll be a fine pitcher this year.

Littrell needs to work on that WHIP

:p

My sons team played them over the summer and Cory pitched. He gave up 2 runs in that game. So to only give up 4 all summer that is great. There are several good pitchers in this area of the state to say on one is better than another is silly. There is a lot that the pitcher can't control in a game and in high school you have to depend on the team to help a lot.

That's fine. I've seen him a number of times and he has not maintained a consistent velocity. He's a good pitcher and a good kid....just needs to gain some strength. It's little wonder that a he can't maintain 88....imagine what he'll be like when he matures and gains some muscle mass!

 

I agree wholeheartedly that he needs to gain some muscle. Just looking at him he has good length and have heard he could even grow a couple more inches but he is very skinny. He could be very scary on the mound if he could pack on about 30 lbs.

My sons team played them over the summer and Cory pitched. He gave up 2 runs in that game. So to only give up 4 all summer that is great. There are several good pitchers in this area of the state to say on one is better than another is silly. There is a lot that the pitcher can't control in a game and in high school you have to depend on the team to help a lot.

 

 

What does that have to do with the talent level of the pitcher?

Corey Littrel is probabley the best pitcher in the state.

I was told that "LIL BUBBA" Andrew Bowling quit the Trinity Baseball Team for a week or two and his Dad, Big Bubba Bowling said he would send him to J-Town or Seneca, take away his car and several other items if he quit his senior year. Now he wants Lil Bubba to pitch this year! Also rumored that Carney wants to quit baseball too. Does anyone have any info about this:taz:.

 

Whoever said that was incorrect...Bowling played fall ball and unexpectedly got back on the mound and looked good. He threw in the low 80's and had good control of his offspeed pitches. Carney played fall ball and only missed one game because he had a test the next day that he wanted to study a bit more for. That is uncommon in these days and respected. I couldnt call a guy LiL Bubba when he benchpressed 325 last week. I call him Mr. Bo. Thanks for your interest in the Trinity Baseball program. :thumb:

I have seen Littrell and Thompson pitch. Littrell is a complete pitcher. Thompson throws hard, real hard, but lacks mental focus at times. Thompson's arm is fine. He pulled a muscle in his forearm but is now throwing 90+. According to sources in Louisville, Littrell has hit 94 mph and is projected to be an early first round pick. Also, you are forgetting one of the best pitchers in the state that signed with UK yesterday. J.T. Riddle at Western Hills played with Littrell all summer and had similar stats. Riddle has hit 90 and plays SS while hitting left-handed. He could be the POY in Ky. Unfortunately, Western Hills graduated 10 seniors and Riddle will be lucky to see a pitch to hit all year.

 

Also, Gott has improved tremendously from last year to now. He is throwing 90 and has a great team returning to play with him. Unfortunately, they are in the toughest district in baseball. He will be lucky to get to the regional tournament. (Lex Cath; Lex Christian; Tates Creek; Lafayette; Paul Dunbar).

I have seen Littrell and Thompson pitch. Littrell is a complete pitcher. Thompson throws hard, real hard, but lacks mental focus at times. Thompson's arm is fine. He pulled a muscle in his forearm but is now throwing 90+. According to sources in Louisville, Littrell has hit 94 mph and is projected to be an early first round pick. Also, you are forgetting one of the best pitchers in the state that signed with UK yesterday. J.T. Riddle at Western Hills played with Littrell all summer and had similar stats. Riddle has hit 90 and plays SS while hitting left-handed. He could be the POY in Ky. Unfortunately, Western Hills graduated 10 seniors and Riddle will be lucky to see a pitch to hit all year.

 

Also, Gott has improved tremendously from last year to now. He is throwing 90 and has a great team returning to play with him. Unfortunately, they are in the toughest district in baseball. He will be lucky to get to the regional tournament. (Lex Cath; Lex Christian; Tates Creek; Lafayette; Paul Dunbar).

 

I haven't gotten to see Littrell pitch but I hope to during the school year or summer. Riddle can throw hard but from my understanding he will not pitch at all at UK. He will be a middle infielder only. As for Gott, people have said he touched 95 during the summer. He has always been able to throw hard but I have always questioned how good of a "pitcher" he is because he has never really had to pitch. But when you throw low to mid '90's someone will pay to teach you how to do it. Mark Biggs in Bowling Green is also a very hard throwing righty that is well known on the summer circuit. I believe he is just a junior and has been clocked as high as 92 or so.

I haven't gotten to see Littrell pitch but I hope to during the school year or summer. Riddle can throw hard but from my understanding he will not pitch at all at UK. He will be a middle infielder only. As for Gott, people have said he touched 95 during the summer. He has always been able to throw hard but I have always questioned how good of a "pitcher" he is because he has never really had to pitch. But when you throw low to mid '90's someone will pay to teach you how to do it. Mark Biggs in Bowling Green is also a very hard throwing righty that is well known on the summer circuit. I believe he is just a junior and has been clocked as high as 92 or so.

 

Riddle will most likely pitch and play some middle infield next year as uk is still not sure which way they want to use him yet.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.