Everything posted by IM4THEHOUNDS
-
Statistical Leaders across the State
Caleb Watkins has 34 total TD's over 1700 yards on approximately 160 carries. He splits his time with 2 other very good backs. His total scoring this year is approximately 222 points. On the defensive side he has almost 85 tackles. He is an all around player as well.
-
Prestonsburg/Corbin Predictions
Prestonsburg and Corbin face off for the Region Title next Friday evening @ Prestonsburg. 2 premier mountain programs who goes home with a W and why?
-
DeSales 28 Cov. Holy Cross 20
Really? Everybody else is going to be in Bowling Green.
-
Corbin/Shelby Valley Predictions
Yes.
-
Corbin/Shelby Valley Predictions
Corbin will not overlook Shelby Valley. We will take care of business. Go Hounds!
-
Williamsburg's Ryan Moses wins Wendy's High School Heisman for Kentucky.
Congratulations Ryan, keep making Kentucky proud!
-
Mr Football going into the last game of the regular season
Just going by what was listed on MaxPreps. His stats were not listed. A lot of coaches don't post stats, and some stats that are posted are inaccurate. But that is all anybody has to go by when comparing athletes.
-
Mr Football going into the last game of the regular season
Miles Simpson leads the state in Rushing yards with over 1600; Andrew Link is second with just over 1500 and Caleb Watkins is third with just over 1300. McCaden comes in 6th with just over 1200.This is according to Max Preps.
-
Corbin/Lexington Christian Academy predictions
It is Keith Epperson, he is a senior and this is his first year of high school football. I wish he could get more playing time because I believe he could help us.
-
Corbin/Lexington Christian Academy predictions
Corbin will have to be playing on all cylinders. They know what they are up against. I say Corbin in a battle. Corbin 21-LCA 20
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
Honestly, my post was never intended to lessen Miles accomplishments. Perhaps it was worded awkwardly. Let me try to rephrase it. Would it be just as impressive if a 2A or 1A player did these things against teams in higher classes? My arguement would be yes, perhaps even moreso because they were playing above their class. However, MILES SIMPSON deserves every bit of credit he is getting but I think players in the lower classes are often not given the credit they deserve when they accomplish these things. JMHO I wish Miles the very best for continued success for the rest of the season.
-
George Rogers Clark 34 Madison Central 17
Great job Cards, good luck the rest of the way.
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
A RB cutting on a muddy field is much more difficult than cutting on turf. A turf field is quicker, you just have better footing. A muddy field is also a disadvantage for smaller linemen because they use their quickness to make up for the lack of size, but when you can't move your feet that quickness is not very helpful. Bigger linemen are hard to move around in the mud. I wish our team could play on a good field this year, but its not looking good right now. I hope our school can have turf put down someday.
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
Your right he did.
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
:thumb:
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
Didn't mean to offend you, I'm not sure you read my entire post. I'm not trying to diminish anything. Voice of Reason made the statement that these stats are against 6A schools and thats great, but Simon Kenton is 6A. If a 1A or 2A player has those kind of stats against 1A or 2A schools does that make it less of an accomplishment? If a 1A or 2A player has those kind of stats against 6A teams would that be less impressive or more so? I'm just asking these questions because it seems that if your not a 5A or 6A school what you accomplish many times is overlooked. Again, Simpson is a great player and he deserves all the accolades and I hope him the best. I'm certain he will make some college team a great player also.
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
That's great. It is very impressive to be done in mudholes instead of turf, because it is an advantage to play on turf. He is a great player no doubt about it.
-
Miles Simpson's Stats for Four Quarters
I know Simpson is a great player and I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from him, but I have a few questions and observations: -Since Simon Kenton is 6A they should be playing 6A- 6A schools produce 6A players and have 6A linemen. Again not trying to down play any accomplishment, but it would be more impressive if Simon Kenton were 1A playing 6A. -Actually the stats are from 2 games and not 1 game-2quarters from last week and 2 from last night. -What type of playing surface have they been playing on? mudhole or turf? Miles Simpson is a great player and I hope him the best wherever he ends up.
-
Corbin 37 Middlesboro 13
Does anyone know who we play in the playoffs and the location of the games?
-
Corbin 37 Middlesboro 13
Middlesboro played their starters the whole game. Corbin's starters were out the entire 2nd half.
-
Rainy(est) season?
Mud bowl every week so far. But, we'll just have to take what the good Lord gives us and rejoice in it.
-
Prayers for 2 Owen County Football Players involved in an accident this morning
Prayers from the Redhounds in Corbin. May God be with them, their families, and their friends.
-
Flood-ball Friday
It is Senior Night at Corbin and it looks to be a muddy mess. We have only avoided a Mudfest once or twice this year . . . I would love for the kids to be able to play on a dry field this year.
-
Bluegrasspreps.com 2A Rankings (October 20th)
Yea it do...
-
Bluegrasspreps.com 2A Rankings (October 20th)
I just hope we can play on a decent field for once this year. We have played in mud holes all year. Thats another issue that should be taken into account when people start talking all-state, Mr. football,.... We don't have the luxury of playing on turf. Our field is an absolute mud hole right now, after the recent band competition and all of the tractors moving equipment around on an already sloppy field.