Everything posted by IM4THEHOUNDS
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
That was a late hit, the play was over, whistle blown, and they were not anywhere around the play. Anyone can take cheap shots, that doesn't take any athleticism or skill. What is troubling is when a kid gets a little recognition and kids get jealous and they set out to hurt or gun for them by taking cheap shots. It reminds me of someone who punches someone with a "sucker punch", I for one do not like to see anyone get "sucker punched." If your players don't know its wrong to chop block then something is wrong. If our players take cheap shots and play dirty they should be put on the sideline and stay there. All kids should know the rules, and its for certain that the refs should know them. I wonder how many kids know its illegal in high school football to horse collar tackle? Why did they decide to make that a penalty? Because of the risk of injury. How many know what a chop block is? Why is that a penalty? Because you can cause serious injuries. We had a kid get his leg snapped on a chop block on a "kickoff" last year. What was the intentions of the kid who made the block? I don't know, but that is bad. He may not even know its wrong to block below the waist on a kickoff, but I doubt it. I guess I have red glasses on, but I didn't see our players playing dirty. It was bad enough that our coach had a talk with the refs numerous times, but to no avail. The refs seemed to want a check and exit. They need to find something else to do with their extra time and another way to earn some extra money.
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
I respect your opinion, but if you were not at the game it would be hard for you to make an honest judgment in the matter. I hope there are kids on here and I hope they read these posts and I hope they will realize that football is not to be played dirty, that proves nothing, anyone can take a cheap shot or take their cleats and stomp on another player. I saw the NL coach remove a player for a few plays but that was it. If he lets it go on I don't care who he is he has no class and needs to grow up.
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
:banana:
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
Hey, Bubba, were you sitting just beside the student section at about the 30 yard line tonight in your hat?
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
Yes we did!:thumb:
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
:thumb: #11 should have been ejected for many infractions.
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
That's your tale I sit on mine! I observed some dirty play from NL and its the coaches responsibility to stop it and its pretty obvious he's not going too.
-
Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
What respect I had for NL I lost tonight, they are one dirty team and that goes back to coaching. Cheap shots, trying to hurt players has no place in the "GAME" of football. The refs let it get out of hand, but if I were coaching a few of those players would be on the bench. And putting your starters back in against our freshmen, what a joke. North is not on the same level as Corbin football and it showed big time tonight. This is what I feel like doing after observing some of the behavior from NL tonight-:puke:
-
Mr. Football Candidates?
Haven't the 5 candidates already been chosen? Aren't they Fugate, Collinsworth, Simpson, Weaver, and Patterson?
-
Corbin / North Laurel Predictions
No way Corbin blanks the JAGS. Both teams will be ready to play and it should be a great contest. Good luck to both teams. GO HOUNDS!!!
-
Boyle County 63 Pikeville 7
Well, you certainly don't have to come back. You can stay at home and listen on the radio. Sorry, that we didn't meet your expectations. Not many schools have perfect situations. When we visit another team and things aren't to suit --- we just enjoy the football game and make do. As for the reserved seating . . . I don't think there is supposed to be any during bowls such as this . . . I think the announcer was used to making that announcement for regular season games and did so out of habit. At least, there has never been reserved seating before. Anyway, we apologize for your inconvenience.
-
Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
Corbin plays their games at Campbell Field/DENES Stadium not the high school. Take Corbin exit 29 turn left toward Barbourville. Turn right onto 25W toward KFC. You will pass KFC keep going until you see the sign that says "Redhound Stadium" and turn left. Follow the road behind the Post Office and you will see the Stadium on the left. Boyle Co and Pikeville 5:45 p.m. Hope to see you there!!!:banana:
-
Corbin 42 Harlan 16
Harlan Dragons have a good team and will do well the rest of the season. Good luck to them.
-
Simon Kenton/Newport Central Catholic Updates
What happened to Simpson?
-
Corbin 42 Harlan 16
Fritts did not play.
-
Corbin 42 Harlan 16
Last night Mitchell threw for 2 TD's. Sounds like we can throw a little bit.
-
Corbin 42 Harlan 16
"0" last year.
-
Mr. Football Candidates?
How can numbers be comparable when you don't get as many carries per game? Maybe I am missing something here. For the record, Channing is an awesome athlete and deserves the honor I was just trying to point out that sometimes stats are deceiving when comparing athletes for a variety of reasons.
-
Mr. Football Candidates?
Watkins is 6'1" 210lbs. he probably averages around 9-12 yards per carry. His best 40 was a 4.43 (timed by and can be verified by UK coaches); his best shuttle was a 4.16 (also timed and can be verified by UK coaches) he bench presses 330lbs.; cleans 315; and squats 515lbs. He has a 36" vertical; his best broad jump was measured at 10'6". I am not saying he should get Mr. Football or that he should beat out Channing. However, he should be in the mix of this discussion and is one of the best athletes among those mentioned for the class of 2010. He won't get the coverage because of being from a 2A school but several Division I teams have been contacting him and are still showing great interest. This would include UK, WKU, Vandy, Eastern, and Ivy League schools such as Harvard and Dartmouth and he has a full ride offer from Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. There are many outstanding athletes in the class of 2010 but most will not be considered for Mr. Football. Just saying.
-
Mr. Football Candidates?
Watkins plays almost every down of every game. He rarely comes off the field. He is a significant part of the Redhound defense and offense. The number of carries he gets is split between 2 other players so the numbers that Caleb puts up will never match ---- however, I bet his per carry average is close. Also the athleticism and ability of these two players are IMO comparable.
-
2009 Corbin
Suffice it to say that Vinny's error was that of a novice player who lacks experience. He hasn't played football since 6th grade. Believe me, if Watkins would've have done what Vinny did, no one on the board would have had to say anything, the coaches would have been ballistic and his ears would still be burning. However, with Vinny's faux pas, they merely laughed and said nothing. People are uptight because Vinny hasn't put in the time. They are uptight because Vinny is treated differently. Other players who are just as capable, perhaps moreso, have been pushed aside to give Vinny playing time. Most people don't think that is fair. That is what this is all about. Vinny will be a very good player. We will need him. However, right at this time, they're plenty others that have paid their dues (so to speak) and want the opportunity they earned. . . Vinny has two more years---while this year is the last opportunity for others. Vinny practiced 3 weeks, never lifted a weight in off season, and has shown he is capable of earning a starting position? Most don't think so. Most doubt it is his athletic prowess that earned him this honor as well. It certainly hasn't been his dedication to the sport. You figure it out.:idunno:
-
Harlan County/ Corbin Scrimmage
Intensity reflects leadership.
-
2009 Corbin
Fritts is fine. He just got a scare.
-
2009 Corbin
That was posted months ago. It seems your the one who needs to let go. We are talking about football now. So, let it go.
-
2009 Corbin
I don't think its a matter of being out of shape, it was about 95 degrees and when your going both ways,and its that hot, conditioning is not the issue. Evidently there were some who thought conditioning was an issue because we were running gasers after the scrimmage. Glasgow didn't play as many both ways and that makes a big difference when its that hot. I don't think the issue is playing together as a team. I think they need to learn to have FUN! It's a GAME, have FUN! It's not a matter of life and death, it's a GAME. Heck, when your having fun and the coaches seem to be having fun, then the heat and other negative factors really don't seem that bad. Positive attitudes help tremendously. That's one thing I noticed about Glasgow, they seemed to be having fun. They didn't win the scrimmage, but you would have thought they did. They would make a hit and jump up and down-having fun. They would make a run, high five-having fun. We go out like its a matter of life and death-I guess if we celebrate a little our kids would be accused of grand-standing. Glasgow didn't win a game last year and any improvement, especially against us was a great accomplishment for them. And that's good. We played flat and much of that goes back to leadership and I'm not talking about leadership from the players. How about we encourage kids to go out and loosen up and have the time of their life. You seniors on this team, step-up, have fun, play hard, encourage each other, be leaders, and if you make a mistake then get over it and try not to do it again. Celebrate your plays and play with some emotion.