Everything posted by nkysportslegend
-
Holmes Bulldogs 27-1 ???
Umm, huh?:confused: I think they will go into district play 27-1. The best shot at losing would be Boone and then Highlands.
-
Walton-Verona Vs. Simon Kenton Predictions
There are a lot of differences in this game and the boy's game, in fact the only similarities are the schools and the district records. SK girls will win this game big, I just don't see WV being able to keep up.
-
Walton-Verona Vs. Simon Kenton Predictions
I think SK straightens things out and wins this one by at least 20.
-
Walton Verona 72 Simon Kenton 69
Great win for the Bearcats. Payton played like a man on the mission and had to have had a few people from the other team wishing they would have done somethings different in the past. SK tried to put Nathan on him but Walton screened almost everytime which resulted in a switch and once that happened he would score on whoever it was. He was hitting from the volleyball line. I do have to question some of the subbing by the Pioneers. Maegley may have led in scoring but when you turn it over as much and miss as many layups why keep him in. Also, don't really understand why they didn't try something a little different on Payton(probably wouldn't have mattered as he was shooting into the ocean tonight).
-
Simon Kenton at Walton Verona Predictions
What? :confused:
-
Simon Kenton at Walton Verona Predictions
No, he said they have more athletes to choose from than WV like Scott County did, which is true. It doesn't matter I don't feel like getting a thread shut down so let's just get back to the game.
-
Simon Kenton at Walton Verona Predictions
Actually the comparison makes sense. SK has dominated the ditrict with relative ease much the same as Scott County did. They weren't comparing the programs of SK and Scott County, just the way that they owned this district.
-
Ryle at Holmes
Beat me to it, I was going to ask how the bottom three were possible. By the way, any updates on this one?
-
Simon Kenton at Walton Verona Predictions
I'll agree with you that that is the way WV has a chance, but I think even if SK does play an uptempo game they will do it better than Walton. We probably won't see that though because SK will more than likely try to get Maegley the ball everytime down the court.
-
SK's Miles Simpson Drawing D1 Interest
He was a track star too wasn't he?
-
NDA @ SK Jan 29th Thought's
This is ridiculous. Let's throw an excuse out there before the game even starts. No offense to past players but SK girls haven't had a good enough team for the officiating to matter until the last 4 or 5 years and maybe a few years in the late 80's early 90's. 40 years of home cooking for the Lady Pioneers is just absurd. I'm with allknower on this one, if SK wins it is because they are the better team. Also, it's kind of odd that they can switch regions and still manage to get a different group of ref's that will call the game for them every game.
-
SK's Miles Simpson Drawing D1 Interest
Totally agree, at that age they all need work. He has the potential to go to D-I but still a lot of work.
-
NDA @ SK Jan 29th Thought's
Are you talking about the ref's?
-
Female Head Coaches of Boys Varsity Teams
We had a debate about this in one of my philosophy classes some time ago, and I don't think there was a male in the class that said they could see a woman coaching a high school boy's team. I agree with wildcatfan, it would take a special woman and hopefully the coach mentioned above is doing a great job.
-
Simon Kenton at Walton Verona Predictions
The game is Wednesday at WV.
-
Simon Kenton at Walton Verona Predictions
This game will decide who gets the number one seed in the district, SK can lock it up or WV can pull into a tie with a win. Does WV have a chance or will the result be the same as every other district game for SK since joining the 8th?
-
GRC vs Dixie Heights
I think GRC takes this one by around 12, their athleticism will be too much for Dixie.
-
Simon Kenton 76 Covington Scott 63
Dixie was the winner with SK as the runner-ups.
-
Mason County 71 Simon Kenton 70
I think it is kind of hard to question the coaching at SK, he has had more success than anyone else at the school. I agree he can be hard on the girls but if these girls are as good as they say they are then they should be able to handle being yelled at. I mean I constantly hear how one girl is a major D-1 player, but if she can't take being yelled at by her high school coach then how in the world will she be able to play in front of thousands and getting yelled at by a college coach? You can put some blame on the coaches as far as losing the big games but you need to put just as much blame on the players.
-
Simon Kenton 76 Covington Scott 63
Who?
-
Game Analysis Observations
I didn't feel like making a long story, just kept it plain and simple.
-
Game Analysis Observations
I don't think ref's ultimately decide a game but they can have an influence on the outcome.
-
Highlands 67 Conner 57
You're just talking about the 9th region and not all of NKY right? Because I would throw SK in there if it is all of NKY along with the other 4 mentioned.
-
"Working the officials"
You want to see a coach work the officials, travel to Cov. Cath. sometime and watch Listerman.
-
Simon Kenton 76 Covington Scott 63
As for other aspects of the game, this was the first time I've seen Scott play and I was actually quite impressed. They were much better than I've been hearing about and they work hard. Carr is still gets into it like he always have. They will be good in a few years but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull off a few upsets the rest of the way.