Mason County 71 Simon Kenton 70

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County 71 Simon Kenton 70. Mason down eight at the half, Simon Kenton led by 15 in the third,came back to win in a thriller. Desaree 27pts 4 rebs to lead Lady Royals. Lacey Kline with 17, Litzinger with 16, and Menke with 9. Beth Queen hit a bucket to bring Lady Royals within 1 , Cline hits winner in the lane with 7 seconds remaining. Chambers and Menke named all tourney team

Regardless, SK was at the line up 1 with the front end of the bonus and missed, then they went to the line down 1 at the end and yet again missed the front end. SK had their chance and couldn't capitalize, congrats to MC.

Great post and I was going to respond with this but I am glad that this was pointed out to assure that this wasn't one sided as someone above pointed out about the officials.

What happened to allow the come back?

The major factor was a foul called on SK point guard (her 5th) when she was 30 feet from where the foul occurred and the ref looked at scorers table and then back to the floor and she was the first one he saw. The refs where not the worst I've ever seen but they where bad. There were over the backs all night long on both ends of the floor and it was not called once. I thought most of the game they were pretty hard on MC, but late in the game an SK assistant coach made a comment like " 10th region school, 10th region refs" and he got T'd up for it and the touch fouls were rampant after that. SK missed free throws. But you take a senior out of the lineup with 5 and a half minutes to go and it hurts bad.

Great defense, Chambers dominated on the floor and took over the game in the fourth quarter.

I agree great Defense, and Chambers did dominate for most of the night but Lacey Cline brought the girls back as she scored 15 of her 17 points in the fourth quarter including 9 of 10 from the line in the fourth.

The major factor was a foul called on SK point guard (her 5th) when she was 30 feet from where the foul occurred and the ref looked at scorers table and then back to the floor and she was the first one he saw. The refs where not the worst I've ever seen but they where bad. There were over the backs all night long on both ends of the floor and it was not called once. I thought most of the game they were pretty hard on MC' date=' but late in the game an SK assistant coach made a comment like " 10th region school, 10th region refs" and he got T'd up for it and the touch fouls were rampant after that. SK missed free throws. But you take a senior out of the lineup with 5 and a half minutes to go and it hurts bad.[/quote']

I will be one of the first one's to admit the final foul on #11 should have not been on her. What happened Cline drove to the basket and was foul out on the floor and as Cline continued toward the basket, #11 tried to draw a charge and was knocked to the floor. The foul occured before the collision. The Referree blew a short whistle which means he was not sold on the foul. He came towards the scores table and looked back onto the floor and without asking the other Refs called the foul on #11.

The major factor was a foul called on SK point guard (her 5th) when she was 30 feet from where the foul occurred and the ref looked at scorers table and then back to the floor and she was the first one he saw. The refs where not the worst I've ever seen but they where bad. There were over the backs all night long on both ends of the floor and it was not called once. I thought most of the game they were pretty hard on MC' date=' but late in the game an SK assistant coach made a comment like [b']" 10th region school, 10th region refs"[/b] and he got T'd up for it and the touch fouls were rampant after that. SK missed free throws. But you take a senior out of the lineup with 5 and a half minutes to go and it hurts bad.

Why were 10th region officials doing this game when the event was not hosted by a 10th region school?

As for the assistant, he has to be smarter than that in front of an official. Assistants are not allowed to question officials in such a manner. This has become a focal point of the last several years with the KHSAA.