Mason County 71 Simon Kenton 70

I have to disagree about the coaching at SK. He could coach boys very easily with his style which is more suited for boys than girls. That does not make him a bad coach though. Girls have a hard time with constant negativity and cannot separate the two- boys usually can and are more use to that within sports. Have you not heard a football coach lay into his team? All the time, in your face, etc.

Coach Stowers is a good coach - he is demanding of his players as he should be. Players need to adapt and learn how to respond appropriatiely. It is not like the players don't know what to expect. The problem I see with girls is that they take everything as negative criticism not coaching - it is hard for them to not see it that way when that is all they hear. They are just too emotional and cannot separate the two.

What you state about coaches in general I agree. But he is over the top.

Yet he does not realize the impact he is having on the team.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County 71 Simon Kenton 70. Mason down eight at the half, Simon Kenton led by 15 in the third,came back to win in a thriller. Desaree 27pts 4 rebs to lead Lady Royals. Lacey Kline with 17, Litzinger with 16, and Menke with 9. Beth Queen hit a bucket to bring Lady Royals within 1 , Cline hits winner in the lane with 7 seconds remaining. Chambers and Menke named all tourney team

Sounds like this was a great high school game to watch!!

I have to disagree about the coaching at SK. He could coach boys very easily with his style which is more suited for boys than girls. That does not make him a bad coach though. Girls have a hard time with constant negativity and cannot separate the two- boys usually can and are more use to that within sports. Have you not heard a football coach lay into his team? All the time, in your face, etc.

Coach Stowers is a good coach - he is demanding of his players as he should be. Players need to adapt and learn how to respond appropriatiely. It is not like the players don't know what to expect. The problem I see with girls is that they take everything as negative criticism not coaching - it is hard for them to not see it that way when that is all they hear. They are just too emotional and cannot separate the two.

Thank you for proving my point He should go coach boys. As a girls coach he is way to overbearing.