Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. Scott County. Dunbar and Lafayette played in a very close game the first go around.
  2. I have a few questions for anyone at the game because I was unable to attend....I heard the crowd was very small, true? Also, MC built a 21-0 lead and GRC came back? Maybe gold sunrise or some other who were there will give a breakdown.
  3. ^So you're saying typical Columbia?
  4. This has got to be the biggest upset in the state tonight.....I think most people had Scott County in the Final 4....
  5. A win is a win is a win.....Indians gotta be excited for a home game next week...
  6. Great job by Coach Hensley and the Bulldogs...
  7. No sour grapes.....I just want Lafayette to win a playoff game (1 win since the mid 90's?).....he has every chance in the world tonight to gain some respect statewide by changed Lafayette's recent history...
  8. If Dunbar wins, will we see Harmon crying on the news after another 1st round exit?
  9. The odor problem on the far end of the school has been something embarrassing for the school for years, but the Homecoming game with GRC this season was as bad as I have ever seen (actually smelled) it. There is nothing the school can do about it, there is a sewage treatment plant down below the baseball field that is running well over it's designed capacity. I hope the Indians take care of business tonight.
  10. ^Considering Chaz splits time at QB, and the running backs share the workload, I think they'd be okay. Remember, Kenny Turner has NEVER been a coach to rely too much on one player, even when Paul Warford was here he rarely got more than 12-15 touches a game. I get that GRC was without some of it's horses the first game, but arguably MC's best player (Keyshawn Simpson) was coming off injury and played very little in that game too.....
  11. Henry Clay 56-7. It's too bad Ty Sparks won't have a chance to play a few more games, he is a star.
  12. ^So Clark County, at 3-7, and losing to this same team 7 weeks ago should be the favorite in Richmond?
  13. 2002 Trinity 2000 Male and 2000 Highlands are 2a and 2b (if I'm not forgetting somebody)
  14. GRC is the better team? Really? I thought these two played in week 5 and MC won by 3 TDs? I also didn't think there were any distractions for Clark County in that game? I don't think there is much that seperates these two from a physical standpoint....however, coaching and the Indians overwhelming recent success against the Cards are a huge mental advantage....
  15. MC has lost 4 of 5...however, those losses were Scott County, Dunbar, Highlands, and Boone County....all teams that would (or have) beat GRC this year with maybe the exception of Dunbar. The four teams that beat the Indians were all very physical, and very smash mouth.....things that GRC is not. As for this being a big rivalry, GRC hasn't held up their end of the bargain. Madison Central has lost one time to the cards since the mid 90's.
  16. Bright Horizons is on the money about Tates Creek. They are on the verge of being the worst team in Lexington (they beat Bryan Station by 3 points) and are basically a one man show with Ty Sparks. I haven't seen Bell County this year....but Lexington Catholic would beat Tates Creek by a score of 49-7ish.
  17. Why can't they play with Belfry? If Central can play with Highlands, they can play with anyone in the state.
  18. Most informed fans around Lexington (and the state for that matter) know that Henry Clay is the only Lexington 6A team with a shot at beating the Rocks.....and that will be an uphill battle if the teams do play in week 3 of the playoffs.
  19. ^It wasn't close? Madison Central scored to make it 31-28 in the 4th quarter, but the play was called back. I'll give Boone County credit, they took care of business....but I'll also give the Indians credit for hanging in there when it was 17-0 early and an interception saved it from being 24-0 to 17-7 at the half. MC has some major issues offensively to take care before the playoff game next week. There is an obvious dropoff in the line play from last season....losing all those seniors up front and the injuries don't help either. Some of the missed blocks and bad snaps are not tolerable this time of year. That better be fixed by next week or it is one and done. Boone County has nice facilities.....it would be awesome with turf, the playing surface is subpar IMO.
  20. How many turnovers did Dunbar have?
  21. What kind of shape is Boone County's field in?
  22. Should be a very close game....I like Dunbar on Senior Night 31-24.
  23. ^Depends...team speed is very good and running east/west plays into the defensive scheme....running north/south has hurt them in the past....does Boone have it's usual big offensive line?
  24. ^Madison Central comes into the game 6-3 on the year.....the Indians have lost 3 of their last 4 (to Scott County, Dunbar, and Highlands)......Hopefully, MC can come away with a W on the road....FYI, these two could meet up again in 3 weeks in the regional championship.....
  25. Didn't say it would ever happen, but it could be a candidate.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.