Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 27 George Rogers Clark 14 (6A)

Featured Replies

Final

Both of MC's first half TD's came off of GRC turnovers. If GRC had held on to the ball this would have been a different game. MC got beat up front on both sides of the ball. Tatum Lewis and #'s 76 and 79 were in MC's backfield all night. MC won because their punter consistently turned the filed over with his booming kicks and Rhodes and Simpson made a ton of individual plays.

Gonna hate to see this group of seniors go. I would have never guessed this would be how they ended the great run they had since civitan football and Middle School days when they dominated. Great run boys hope some of you play on Saturdays in the future!

Both of MC's first half TD's came off of GRC turnovers. If GRC had held on to the ball this would have been a different game. MC got beat up front on both sides of the ball. Tatum Lewis and #'s 76 and 79 were in MC's backfield all night. MC won because their punter consistently turned the filed over with his booming kicks and Rhodes and Simpson made a ton of individual plays.

 

A win is a win is a win.....Indians gotta be excited for a home game next week...

Let me give you a scenario:

21-14 is the score. The crowd has fired your defense up and they make a big stop on third down. Your star senior gets a block on the ensuing kick off and you get the ball at the 35 yard line. The crowd goes wild, your offense runs on the field ready and fired up! Down .....Set......TIMEOUT! WHAT you call a time out? You have got to be kidding me!

^So you're saying typical Columbia?

I have a few questions for anyone at the game because I was unable to attend....I heard the crowd was very small, true? Also, MC built a 21-0 lead and GRC came back? Maybe gold sunrise or some other who were there will give a breakdown.

I have a few questions for anyone at the game because I was unable to attend....I heard the crowd was very small, true? Also, MC built a 21-0 lead and GRC came back? Maybe gold sunrise or some other who were there will give a breakdown.

 

Very suprised at the crowd. Way down from even the regular season games attendance. Not sure if it was because of the cold or what.:confused: As for the 21-0 lead... it was 14-0 at the half. GRC had an interception run back for an add on score late in the 2nd quarter to make it 14-0. GRC missed several opportunities in the first half coming up just inches short on 4th downs. MC had a quick score to start the half and then it was ALL GRC. They started to make play after play until that blocked kick that was mentioned earlier. After that... I'm not to sure what happened.:creepy: Looked like Lewis had a sure touchdown catch that just bounced out. Then Mason threw an interception on 3rd and long and that seemed to seal the deal.... Congrats to MC for pulling out the W.. Tough season for the Cards.. Seniors thanks for all the hard work and for everybody else... its back to work for next season.:thumb:

Both of MC's first half TD's came off of GRC turnovers. If GRC had held on to the ball this would have been a different game. MC got beat up front on both sides of the ball. Tatum Lewis and #'s 76 and 79 were in MC's backfield all night. MC won because their punter consistently turned the filed over with his booming kicks and Rhodes and Simpson made a ton of individual plays.

 

I'm gonna have to agree.. their punter had to be one of the best I've ever seen at the high school level.:thumb:

Very suprised at the crowd. Way down from even the regular season games attendance. Not sure if it was because of the cold or what.:confused: As for the 21-0 lead... it was 14-0 at the half. GRC had an interception run back for an add on score late in the 2nd quarter to make it 14-0. GRC missed several opportunities in the first half coming up just inches short on 4th downs. MC had a quick score to start the half and then it was ALL GRC. They started to make play after play until that blocked kick that was mentioned earlier. After that... I'm not to sure what happened.:creepy: Looked like Lewis had a sure touchdown catch that just bounced out. Then Mason threw an interception on 3rd and long and that seemed to seal the deal.... Congrats to MC for pulling out the W.. Tough season for the Cards.. Seniors thanks for all the hard work and for everybody else... its back to work for next season.:thumb:

 

GRC for life summed it up very well.

 

A lot of 3rd down plays that had the ball forced into triple coverage. Constantly had guys open in mid-field or near the side line past the first down marker. But that has been a problem all year long. Turnovers were costly. Ryan Williams was impressive as usual. No non-sense running and no trying to dance around. Just forward running.

 

Congrats to Madison Central for the W. Looks like the will get Shelby at home.

 

To all GRC's Seniors. Thank you for all of your hard work, and great memories of football through the years. I wish you the best sucess and good fortune and you move on to college. I hope to see most of you on the field for colleges next year. Many thanks to the fans that supported GRC this year.

 

Also big thanks to Coach Columbia and staff. Your support and dedication to this game is greatly appreciated by all.

I have a few questions for anyone at the game because I was unable to attend....I heard the crowd was very small, true? Also, MC built a 21-0 lead and GRC came back? Maybe gold sunrise or some other who were there will give a breakdown.

 

Where is Gold sunrise do you have any stats of the game

I have a few questions for anyone at the game because I was unable to attend....I heard the crowd was very small, true? Also, MC built a 21-0 lead and GRC came back? Maybe gold sunrise or some other who were there will give a breakdown.

 

I was unable to make it,:irked:I do know this was anybody game, and MC, WANTED IT MORE:madman:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.