Everything posted by Son of Bear
-
Lincoln County at Highlands
Lincoln County beat up Johnson Central in the 2nd half of that game. Grimm returned the opening kickoff, but JC managed nothing after that. Johnson Central had a distinct size advantage on Lincoln County too, there was no fluke on who should have won this game. Lincoln will put up a good fight, but the Bird's will win something like 38-21ish.
-
LCA 45 Pikeville 14 (1A)
Is the game next week in Lexington or Hazard?
-
Lincoln County 43 Johnson Central 22 (5A)
Larry French and Mike Elkin did a heck of a job in this game....
-
Shelby County @ Boone County (6A)
Boonecofan, Shelby's recievers are big...and good....and they catch everything. #5 and #23 are as good a duo as I've seen all year. The offensive line has good size and getting pressure on Matthews is not easy rushing only 3 or 4.....but if you blitz he will get rid of the ball underneath. They run screens well too. If Boone is to win this game, they need to get out to an early lead and eat up clock the entire second half.....Shelby has either been down or close at the half the last two weeks but had awesome second halfs in both games to pull out the wins. They are as good at making adjustments at halftime as anyone around....
-
Trinity vs. Henry Clay (6A)
I'm sure the Rocks are going to double Boyd, and key Gay on everything he does....and there is no Jeter or Minnifield this year....how have the Rocks done against mobile QBs this year? That could be a huge factor in this game and Phillipi moves well.....
-
Shelby Co. 6A Sleeper..??
^Matthews was 100% against Scott County and GRC in the regular season. Next...
-
Shelby Co. 6A Sleeper..??
I think it is remarkable what Todd Shipley and Shelby County has done the past 2 weeks......to go 0-3 in district play and then beat the best two teams in the district on their home fields in the playoffs.....I think this throws out the discussion that only the 1 and 2 seeds should make the playoffs.
-
Shelby County @ Boone County (6A)
^Both very good points...I have seen both play recently and Shelby's defense is soft, but they should only need a few stops.....Boone didn't defend the pass well when I watched them and Matthews is very very accurate...
-
Trinity vs. Henry Clay (6A)
Talked to someone who has played both in recent weeks, says this game won't be as close as the last two and to expect a running clock. Should make for an interesting week on here. *I have no ties to either team so just throwing this out there....
-
Lexington Catholic (10-2) at Bell County (12-0) 4A Predictions
:walk:
-
Shelby County 37 Madison Central 20 (6A)
I don't know Matthews numbers, but he had well over 300 yards and 3 (?) TDs. Very accurate, but his mechanics are bad.....#23 had a great game for the Rockets.....MC defense was very bland, not much pressure on Matthews and couldn't cover either. The injury bug finally caught up to the Indians, especially upfront...there were kids playing tonight that I hadn't seen all year....Central had a very solid junior class and will return a lot of key players in Coldiron, Mays, Simpson, Harrison, Warford, and Cox coming off an injury. However, the same problems seemed to exist this year as the past two seasons... Halftime score was 17-14 Rockets......Shelby dominated the 3rd and put the game away there....Shelby fans traveled well and outnumber the home crowd IMO....Good luck to Coach Shipley next week at Boone County.:thumb:
-
Second Round: Shelby County @ Madison Central
Just got word that MC will be without a key player tonight (and next week if they win)....
-
Second Round: Shelby County @ Madison Central
^Or hopefully I will. :jump:
-
Madison Southern Open?
Looks to me like they need to hire someone outside the program for a fresh start.....don't be surprised to see a current, established head coach elsewhere to get this job.:sssh:
-
Jordan Lee
From what I have seen....I'd say G'town or Morehead type player, maybe EKU....
-
Madison Southern Open?
Yes he is a Southern graduate and would be a perfect fit IMO. Scenters has been on the staff at Madison Central since 2000.
-
Madison Southern Open?
Like I said earlier, Madison Southern has the potential to win 7 or 8 games a year....I still think they are leaps and bounds away from competing with district foes Rock and Bell, or with Madison Central (who is new to the schedule), but most of their other games are very winnable. The facilities are adequate, the pay is very good, and there is talent walking the halls....I know of a few local assistants and current head coaches who will apply if they haven't yet....
-
Second Round: Paul Dunbar @ Henry Clay
While Henry Clay is the obvious favorite....if Dunbar can keep the score down, and keep it close through the 1st 3 quarters than they have a shot at a huge upset....
-
Madison Southern Open?
QB7fan, you seem to be close to the program...are there any current assistants capable of taking over? I have heard a few names thrown around but none within the program.....this is a very good paying job and I expect a lot of applicants.
-
Madison Southern Open?
No surprise, I have been hearing this all season long.......Southern has the ability to win 7 or 8 games a year in 4A.....hopefully they don't hire another EKU assistant, that hasn't worked.
-
Second Round: Shelby County @ Madison Central
The playing surface is bermuda and should be in great shape for the game on Friday.:thumb:
-
Second Round: Shelby County @ Madison Central
^You need to stop hanging out with the Golfer so much.:sssh:
-
Second Round: Shelby County @ Madison Central
I think it should be noted that Shelby County's head coach, Todd Shipley, was an assistant at Madison Central in 1997 and 1998 and this will be his first return there as an opposing coach.
-
Second Round: Ryle @ Boone County
I'd love to see a rematch of two weeks ago with Madison Central traveling to Boone County again. Both teams have tough games this week to get through....
-
Second Round: Shelby County @ Madison Central
Madison Central won the 1st meeting 28-10 in Shelby County, but Alex Matthews did get knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter. I think most people expected the Indians to be heading to Georgetown this Friday for a rematch with Scott County, a home game in Richmond is a huge bonus. MC's defense actually matches up to what Shelby does on offense....there are athletes and speed all over the field.....Madison Central hasn't faired well with the power teams recently.....thankfully, Shelby is not a power team and the Indians should take care of business at home.