Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shelby County 37 Madison Central 20 (6A)

Featured Replies

Final in this second round playoff game.

Go Rockets! Any numbers on Mathews?

I don't know Matthews numbers, but he had well over 300 yards and 3 (?) TDs. Very accurate, but his mechanics are bad.....#23 had a great game for the Rockets.....MC defense was very bland, not much pressure on Matthews and couldn't cover either.

 

The injury bug finally caught up to the Indians, especially upfront...there were kids playing tonight that I hadn't seen all year....Central had a very solid junior class and will return a lot of key players in Coldiron, Mays, Simpson, Harrison, Warford, and Cox coming off an injury. However, the same problems seemed to exist this year as the past two seasons...

 

Halftime score was 17-14 Rockets......Shelby dominated the 3rd and put the game away there....Shelby fans traveled well and outnumber the home crowd IMO....Good luck to Coach Shipley next week at Boone County.:thumb:

I look forward to the Shelby/Boone game, it will be a contrast of styles. 1st time I had seen clips of him, and it looks like his delivery is almost submarine style.

I don't know Matthews numbers, but he had well over 300 yards and 3 (?) TDs. Very accurate, but his mechanics are bad.....#23 had a great game for the Rockets.....MC defense was very bland, not much pressure on Matthews and couldn't cover either.

 

The injury bug finally caught up to the Indians, especially upfront...there were kids playing tonight that I hadn't seen all year....Central had a very solid junior class and will return a lot of key players in Coldiron, Mays, Simpson, Harrison, Warford, and Cox coming off an injury. However, the same problems seemed to exist this year as the past two seasons...

 

Halftime score was 17-14 Rockets......Shelby dominated the 3rd and put the game away there....Shelby fans traveled well and outnumber the home crowd IMO....Good luck to Coach Shipley next week at Boone County.:thumb:

 

I've not seen him play but heard others talk about poor mechanics and sidearm throwing. I haven't heard of any college offers, will this technique/mechanics make a difference to the college coaches, such as EKU?

Madison Central lost that game because they played with no emotion and determination. They were also outcoached, which surprises me because that's usually never the problem. QB #15 was oviously more in the zone when passing, but they started playing QB #4 who struggled most of the night. Bad play calls in the second half hurt too. Run plays on 3rd and long, not going to the hurry up offense when it became evident MC needed 3 scores to tie the game. It just seemed like Madison didn't want it. No emotion on the sidelines. I thought I was watching GRC for awhile. Good season though. MC will rebound for next year.

I've not seen him play but heard others talk about poor mechanics and sidearm throwing. I haven't heard of any college offers, will this technique/mechanics make a difference to the college coaches, such as EKU?

Very much so!

Very much so!

 

I thought so but he's producing the stats, so didn't know if college coaches would think they would work with him on technique/mechanics in college. I've heard others say though that his coaches should have got him out of all the sidearm throwing in middle school.

I thought so but he's producing the stats, so didn't know if college coaches would think they would work with him on technique/mechanics in college. I've heard others say though that his coaches should have got him out of all the sidearm throwing in middle school.

Outstanding statistics plus some nice upset victories.

Outstanding statistics plus some nice upset victories.

 

So do you think this will lead to scholarship offers and if so, from what division?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.