Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FANOFTHE11th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FANOFTHE11th

  1. They went up against Williams last season. They've seen quicker in the Stop DWI Classic in New York. Also Deron Hicks for FC is an extremely quick defender. I'm not knocking Williams, I just believe they have faced similar quckness this high school season as well as during the past summer on the AAU circuit. But you may be right GRC4life, Franklin County will probably lay an egg in this one.
  2. County hasn't played their best ball yet. That is the only prediction I'll make. This one is a toss up. It will come down to whoever wants it the most.
  3. Look, I am an Elliott County believer, not a doubter. The point of my post was that it is a computer calculation that ranks teams in the LIT and Cantrell ratings. I think they have a purpose and will indicate the strength of teams based on performance. They aren't perfect, but what poll is?
  4. I guess it would be difficult to say if you don't know the exact formula used by the computer. Winning by large margins factors in in a big way typically with these computer polls. I have said it before, the thing the computer cannot factor in is match-ups. All teams match-up differently. I do think Elliott has a great team and I hope they make it to Rupp as I think a large number of neutral folks will get behind EC, and if they make a run the supporters will jump on board with each win. Rupp could get real loud!!!!
  5. I would only agree with this if FC's guards (Meyer, Hall, Hicks) get in serious foul trouble. If Hall and Meyer are in the game at the same time most of the game it will be difficult for GRC to turn them over. I say this based on how they have played this season. They are both extremely strong with the ball and usually make very good decisions. These teams did play early last season at GRC and FC came away with the win. Both teams had football players just come out. The difference now is GRC has added Zollo. They also played this past summer. I think both teams were missing players. FC was without Hicks, Conner and maybe Watkins, GRC was without Williams.Zollo was still hurt. FC won that game. I don't think you can put a lot of stock in a summer game, but I do know that FC did not turn the ball over against Hatton and Stenzil.
  6. I agree that Hatton is a very good player. I guess first time I saw him play he was in 3rd grade. He is fudamentally sound and is a very good shooter. If FC does not contest his shot and make it difficult it could be a long night for FC. FC's strength has been defense. If you look at the points their opponents have scored per game, they rank near the top in the 11th region. With the offensive power GRC has, this game should be a real test.
  7. There are some great matchups in this game and I think it will be very entertaining. The ones mentioned are likely but there will be other matchups within the game as I think FC will switch their guards on Hatton. Stenzil, and Williams. The game will come down to who defends better and makes the other team take more difficult shots.. Should have a good crowd and a great high school basketball atmosphere.
  8. Eta, who do predict will make it out of the 7th region?
  9. It only makes sense that the computer rankings will get more accurate as the season plays out because it will have more data to compare.
  10. Hate is a really strong word...............I really don't like that word.
  11. Not the weak middle sister of the 11th. FC will have two tough games next week starting with a very tough Clark County team. I assume Rogers is still out. It seems that even with him out GRC has players stepping up as they continue to win games.
  12. Phares has been playing great recently, I'm not sure if Lex Cath has an answer for him inside. The point play from Jackson has been huge for SC this season. Without him being added to their lineup they struggle at the point this year, but I still think that Phares is their leader.
  13. Come on Polo Man, FC fans are just passionate about the game, they can't help it.
  14. I think the speed and quickness thing will be a challenge, but one that the Elliott boys can handle. If I didn't see the "F" Troop do it all summer long it might be a bigger question in my mind as well. The Faulkner boys and Ferg did not significantly get out quicked all summer and I saw some really really quick cats out there on the AAU circuit. Also I think the home court advantage will be huge for Elliott
  15. Hall can shoot the three very well, but being the team player he is, his focus has been more driving, drawing the defense giving FC options for the inside out three attempt. With Donovan and Meyer being adequate 3 pt shooters Hall has not been needed to shoot the three. But I will say he is more than capable.
  16. Tates Creek is very well coached and as you say, they get after you on defense. They are young and will be a very good team the next few years. The game really could have gone either way. With a little over a minute to play, the game tied, and Tates Creek in possession of the ball, Vance Hall gets a deflection, Meyer dives on the floor, dribbles the ball while on his knees and throws a behind the back pass to Hall for a layup at the other end. Probably the play of the game.
  17. I agree with you, Scott should be #1, but Holmes loss to Boone may very well turn out to be a good thing. It will no doubt get them refocused and more ready for the post season stretch.
  18. Bring on the stimulus money!!!! You are talkin my kinda language. Call in Rocky Adkins, I'm sure he'd be for a little road construction in EC. Cograts to the Elliott boys. This is not a surprise to me. Looks like the "F" Troop came strong!!!! I'll bet the crowd was rockin.
  19. Scoring for Eastern is spread across the board wich is usually the sign of good team ball. I haven't seen them play. They just quietly keep winning game after game.
  20. I think computer ratings have some merit in measuring the strength of teams. What the computer can't do is measure how one team matches up to another, and as the old saying goes it is a "game of match ups". The other thing it can't measure is the decisions a coach makes during game, especially when the game is well in hand one way or the other, and he starts substituting. Although I do like your math exercises McPapa.
  21. There are other schools mentioned in this thread, Scott Co is not the only.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.