Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fun and Games with the Litratings

Featured Replies

1. Scott County

2. Elliott County

3. Eastern

4. Jeffersontown

5. Holmes

 

 

Link

  • Author

Here's something I like to do as the regional tournaments approach for a couple of reasons. I like messing around with numbers. I don't have a life.

 

Take the Litrating (or Cantrell, whatever poll you have in front of you that has some sort of "score") and start crunching numbers.

 

For example, as a barometer of regional strength, I have added the scores of the eight highest Lit-rated teams in each region. Not that these are the eight teams that will qualify for each tourney, but it is a quick and dirty way to look at regional power. Here's what we get at this point in time:

 

Region 7 - 690.2

Region 11 - 686.3

Region 9 - 651.5

Region 10 - 612.0

Region 5 - 607.9

Region 4 - 606.3

Region 6 - 590.6

Region 12 - 588.8

Region 2 - 578.6

Region 13 - 577.8

Region 3 - 570.7

Region 16 - 568.8

Region 8 - 568.5

Region 1 - 554.0

Region 14 - 553.9

Region 15 - 521.2

  • Author

Most prohibitive regional favorites (Biggest gap between #1 and #2-rated teams in each region):

 

Elliott County, 24.8 over West Carter

Shelby Valley, 22.1 over Johnson Central

Scott County, 11.6 over Bryan Station

Corbin, 9.3 over South Laurel

Paducah Tilghman, 8.2 over Calloway County

Edited by mcpapa

  • Author

"Most competitive/bakanced regions" (smallest gap between Lit-rated #1 and Lit-rated #8 in each region):

 

Region 12 (8.1 points between Lincoln County and Southwestern)

Region 5 (11.8 points between North Hardin and Green County)

Region 4 (13.4 points between Warren Central and Russellville)

Region 7 (13.8 points between Eastern and Manual)

Region 6 (15.2 points between PRP and Southern)

1. Scott County

2. Elliott County

3. Eastern

4. Jeffersontown

5. Holmes

 

 

Link

 

:lol::lol::lol::puke:

BTW, I think you might have provided the wrong link papa. That link took me to the football Lit Ratings.

1. Scott County

2. Elliott County

3. Eastern

4. Jeffersontown

5. Holmes

 

 

Link

 

This is the football ratings, the headline says boys basketball ratings, but it is footabll.

Considering that Elliott County doesn't have a football team, I'm really astounded that they are ranked second in the state and St X and Trinity didn't even make the list.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the football ratings, the headline says boys basketball ratings, but it is footabll.
The link took me to the basketball ratings ...

The link (from earlier) took me to the football rankings with the heading Boys' Basketball Rankings :lol:

Interesting observation from the 9th ratings:

 

Holmes 93.0 Highlands 83.1 -9.9

Holmes beat Highlands by 9.

 

Holmes 93.0 Ryle 80.3 -12.7

Holmes beat Ryle by 14

 

Holmes 93.0 Conner 78.6 -14.4

Holmes beat Conner by 7.

 

Holmes 93.0 Beechwood 76.5 -16.5

Holmes beat Beechwood by 19.

 

Holmes 93.0 Covington Catholic 75.0 -18

Holmes beat Covcath by 19

 

Holmes 93.0 Dixie Heights 72.8 -20.2

Holmes beat Dixie by 23.

 

Holmes 93.0 St. Henry 71.9 -21.1

Holmes Beat St. Henry by 18.

 

I don't really agree with the Lit Ratings but they seem to be within two or three points of being accurate.

1.Scott County 99.8

5.Holmes 93.0

 

6.8 points in favor of SC (plus or minus 3 points) the next time the two teams meet up (should we all be so fortunate to see that happen again this season) sounds about right to me. :thumb:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1.Scott County 99.8

5.Holmes 93.0

 

6.8 points in favor of SC (plus or minus 3 points) the next time the two teams meet up (should we all be so fortunate to see that happen again this season) sounds about right to me. :thumb:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

We'll see. Where have you been? You haven't been around since SC lost to Holmes. BTW, I believe I was pretty dead on about how the match ups would go. :sssh: :thumb:

 

 

(Just giving ya a hard time FB :p)

We'll see. Where have you been? You haven't been around since SC lost to Holmes. BTW, I believe I was pretty dead on about how the match ups would go. :sssh: :thumb:

 

 

(Just giving ya a hard time FB :p)

I've been in mourning wearing sackcloth and ashes.

 

People have kept me from tall structures and sharp objects.

 

I've only recently found the will to carry on.

 

 

 

 

 

Not to assume or wish other team's ill, but I really do hope that SC and Holmes have the opportunity to settle this when and where it really counts. No excuses. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.