Everything posted by Devilologists
-
Make your team's 2007 schedule
Russell Red Devils 2007 Greenup County 4A- home (JFL NIGHT) Ashland 5A- home Boyd Co 4A- away vacant- *- Wheelersburg Ohio?? away East Carter- away West Carter- home Lewis County- home Mason County away vacant-*- RACELAND ??? home- (Homecoming) Fleming County- home Looks good to me ,what say the masses????
-
Johnson Central 27 Belfry 3 (Varsity Scrimmage)
OH do tell.......
-
How does Greenup Co. look this year?
I heard last night that they are lucky to have a team this year. This came from a graduate of Greenup. I think they had 25 varsity players. This is sad- Greenup should have a loaded team every year. That big of a school system with only 25 varsity players????? Tough for themand sad, very sad.
-
Mercer County Titans
Seth is a great kid and player, I also watched him as an 8th grader at Russell. To be honest, I dont think he will start this year as there are other kids that are showing a better job, I dont think he lifted this winter and compared to what I have seen with other linemen this year, he is no where near the strength, speed or power of others on the team. I am glad he is just a sophomore, he wil have to hit the weights inthe winter, and continue to work with the basketball team to get his foot speed improved. DONT GET ME WRONG- He is a great athlete, a great kid and a great addition to the mix, but right now he needs to improve to get playing time.
-
Mercer County Titans
RUSSELL had a HUGE line last year with Drew Mell being the biggest lineman at 6'0 240. Then I think the rest were 200 or below. Yea size is great if they can use it.
-
The Quest Begins for Red Devils
WOW, go to work for a couple of days and miss all the good stuff. My first opinion, Russell has fielded better teams than last year, TRUE. Even winning a championship will boost everyones ego until the first loss of the next season, then it is usually the referees fault- ask a fan. Last year was different. OC lost to Owensboro in the reg season. Owensboro are the RED DEVILS, strike one. Owensboro runs the wing-t- strike two. When you use an offense that anyone can purchase , and your close neighbors are willing to teach the workings of it- PRICELESS !!!!! Hard work payed off for the boys last year, teams getting knocked out before we had to play them - definitely helped. Belfry playing at Russell, big help. When Russell played Newport for the state championship and won in overtime by one point- the trophy should have been given to them right there. Newport was the best team we played, THEY RETURN 8 on defense and 6 on offense this year. Do I see another state championship being the Devils and the Wildcats ??? OKAY PONDER.....
-
Mercer County Titans
Interesting, Mercer Co. is cobined and plays as a AA team this year and then moves to 5A next year. Boy I hope that the team does not jell this year or everyone is going to have trouble with them. # backs with over 1000 yards rudhing, man who do you stop???
-
2007 district for Russell
How did we get from Russell district question to fighting on here? Oh yea, keep it up, it makes the games better.
-
Only invite multiple state champs to the Pike County Bowl
Hey Russell Could pick up a team from Tenn and play too. Now you have 4 states.
-
2007 district for Russell
Looks like we can pick up 2 games for 2007 season. We will still play: 1. Greenup Co. 4A 2. Boyd Co. 4A 3. Ashland 5A 4. East Carter 5. West Carter 6. Fleming Co. 7. Lewis Co. 8. Mason Co. (new alignment team brought in) 9. OPEN 10. OPEN IRONTON would be a good pick up. WAYNE, WV would be another good pick up.
-
Top 5 Mr. Football candidates for 2006
Clark from Russell is solid, do not count him out yet. I know that everyone thinks their players are the best but Clark is legit. What will hurt Clark is that Russell runs everybody and will not let him play if we are up on a team. Coach pulls starters in the second quarter. Gross was not allowed to run the ball in half of the games after half time. This could be the same for CLark. NUmbers are deceptive, especially if you are a running back at Russell.
-
Class 2A, Region 3 Poll
Yea we are smaller now, we had 232 kids in my graduating class. We are now about half that.
-
Class 2A, Region 3 Poll
Didnt Russell win the region in 82,83 and 84?????
-
NFL and Ky High School Kids, Where are they
Funny on the Alexander kid. I think I saw him play ONCE. O h Yea he played in that there SuperBowl thingy.
-
NFL and Ky High School Kids, Where are they
Are any kids from Kentucky being signed int he NFL? I heard Arliss Beach was going to Green Bay but never heard anything else. Any other Kids from Ky recently.
-
Ashland Football
Tomcats are always tough, hard to play in BOWL and come out smelling good. We have to go there this year and I hope we deliver a better show than last year. A good solid win would be nice. But it will be tough.
-
Class 2A, Region 3 Poll
Hard to put Russell Anywhere other than the top with 17 kids returning that played in the championship game last year.
-
Where are all the Russell Fans:
Funny....... I watched the passing league and nobody played their regular positions, is this a ploy to lure others into seeing what we dont have???????
-
Top EKY RBs
I cant wait to see the backs at Russell this year, I watched them in 7 on 7 this spring, they looked good as defense backs. I know that people say that you cant have 3 backs inthe same back field who are top backs but the good thing about Russell, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS GOING TO GET THE BALL, and any one of them can break your back on a play. I remember 2 years ago when Josh Gross had big numbers, we had 22-26 kids run that ball that year. thats alot of kids touching the ball. We have the entire running back stable back from last year that played in the state championship. Lewis had an INT on defense that shut them down, He had the first opening kickoof recovery on the short kick, Hes quick. Clark pounded the dog meat out Owensboro Cath. the entire game. Jones is now a junior and is absolutely huge this year. He and Kasey are the same size from what I have seen at practice, He will hit you like a runaway train. Like I said, never know who is getting the ball, thats what makes Russell so elusive.
-
Who else do you root for?
Nobody pulls for Russell except to get beat,,,,, and thats okay. Just makes it better when they win. As for me.. Raceland and Fairview because they are close, Ashland when they are not playing Russell and would love to see Greenup with a first round win of the playoffs too.
-
Top EKY RBs
CLARK- RUSSELL LEWIS-RUSSELL JONES-RUSSELL THOMAS- ASHLAND These are the names that stand out to me. Yes there are more but Hey Im a Devil and I just remember the kid from Ashland, he's good too.
-
Where are all the Russell Fans:
Some were at the East -West senior game Friday night watching 4 seniors from Russell playing football. It was a great game with the east coming out on top. Michael Schaefer, Derick Timberlake, Drew Mell and Michael Horn had a great showing for the scouts. Horn was on defense of 4 TD attempts and none got thru, Derick absolutley pounded running backs in the hole, Schaefer was everywhere playing both sides of the ball. Mell was blocking for the long runs and haD MULTIPLE PANCAKES and I dont meen for breakfast.. Yes we have alot to celebrate still but these boys are stepping up for the next level and they played well.
-
Russell seniors
This is where the BOOSTERS are great with the highlight film for everyone at the end of the year. Yes there is mostly footage of scores or outstanding plays but you have a DVD that you can send to colleges for recruitment. I can see that in the future, this process may end up being the tool to have a kid play or not. It is not beyond parents to start taping their son and making there own highlight film for recruitment. I do know that some local football boosters can make DVD films for kids and it can be expensive but can also be the deciding factor a kid to play at the next level. As far as help from coaches or the school - I only know from years of experience- EDUCATION is number one at Russell and any one with good grades has a chance at some kind of academic scholarship somewhere. Just apply !!!!!
-
Russell seniors
D.T. was suppose to go to Pikeville to play .
-
Russell's State Championship Rings
MIDEE 1 IS THE BACKBONE FOR THE BOOSTER PROGRAM AND HE HAS WORKED HIS TAIL OFF FOR THIS TEAM. GREAT JOB MIDEE 1. WE WILL MISS YOU.