Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where are all the Russell Fans:

Featured Replies

I haven't seen much of Russell's fans on here for months. Isn't anybody out there excited and speculating about the coming football season for Russell. Has anybody seen the passing scrimmage at Russell? Anyone got and "in" as to who looks good for what positions this year? I'm going through Red Devil Football withdrawals!:confused:

Still celebrating?:ylsuper: :dancingpa

Russell looked good Tuesday night at their passing tourney. The QB looks solid – I think it is Jones, but the number he was wearing on the practice jersey was 14. The secondary defense is the real star of the show for passing league action.

 

Russell fans should have a lot of fun this year.

Where are my Russell friends....fresh off a state championship and plenty of weapons back for '06, they should be talking. Looking foward to my trip back there this year.

I haven't seen much of Russell's fans on here for months. Isn't anybody out there excited and speculating about the coming football season for Russell. Has anybody seen the passing scrimmage at Russell? Anyone got and "in" as to who looks good for what positions this year? I'm going through Red Devil Football withdrawals!:confused:

I'm ready for the show to get started for 2006 can't wait untill Augest to see the Devils in action.:ylsuper: I've been watching the championship game from 2005 anticipating another great season for the Devils in 2006.:dancingpa

It's way too early...Wait till full pad practices start and the scrimmages start...Then you can really start to get an idea of what to expect...At this point it is nothing but speculation, and honestly, that gets boring to read...

 

Passing scrimmages are great for conditioning and team building but other than that, they don't tell you much about what to expect once the real season begins...I've seen teams "win" passing srimmages and get throttled by the same team once the real season begins...I'm not talking down passing leagues...I think they are great and enjoyable to watch...Just don't base your predictions for the season on what you see in them...My guess is Coach McGlone would not be ready to give up on the coming season if Russell failed to "win" a passing scrimmage...;)

 

I'd say you will start to see the fans come out of the woodwork by late July to early August...

It's way too early...Wait till full pad practices start and the scrimmages start...Then you can really start to get an idea of what to expect...At this point it is nothing but speculation, and honestly, that gets boring to read...

 

Passing scrimmages are great for conditioning and team building but other than that, they don't tell you much about what to expect once the real season begins...I've seen teams "win" passing srimmages and get throttled by the same team once the real season begins...I'm not talking down passing leagues...I think they are great and enjoyable to watch...Just don't base your predictions for the season on what you see in them...My guess is Coach McGlone would not be ready to give up on the coming season if Russell failed to "win" a passing scrimmage...;)

 

I'd say you will start to see the fans come out of the woodwork by late July to early August...

 

I agree Devil58. It's way too early to make predictions. Some kids have been out wrapping up baseball season, family vacations etc. so the full roster hasn't been there yet.

 

Coach McGlone doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who is going to hand a starting position to someone who looks good in May/June, but who shows himself in May, June , July etc.

 

Nothing looks to be set in stone (except for Clark at RB of course), but I believe Russell Fans are in for another great season

Some were at the East -West senior game Friday night watching 4 seniors from Russell playing football. It was a great game with the east coming out on top. Michael Schaefer, Derick Timberlake, Drew Mell and Michael Horn had a great showing for the scouts. Horn was on defense of 4 TD attempts and none got thru, Derick absolutley pounded running backs in the hole, Schaefer was everywhere playing both sides of the ball. Mell was blocking for the long runs and haD MULTIPLE PANCAKES and I dont meen for breakfast.. Yes we have alot to celebrate still but these boys are stepping up for the next level and they played well.

Some were at the East -West senior game Friday night watching 4 seniors from Russell playing football. It was a great game with the east coming out on top. Michael Schaefer, Derick Timberlake, Drew Mell and Michael Horn had a great showing for the scouts. Horn was on defense of 4 TD attempts and none got thru, Derick absolutley pounded running backs in the hole, Schaefer was everywhere playing both sides of the ball. Mell was blocking for the long runs and haD MULTIPLE PANCAKES and I dont meen for breakfast.. Yes we have alot to celebrate still but these boys are stepping up for the next level and they played well.

 

 

Devilologist: Thanks for giving the Russell seniors some props! They made a vital contribution to the success of the East Team. It sure wouldn’t have been the same without them. :thumb:

I agree Devil58. It's way too early to make predictions. Some kids have been out wrapping up baseball season, family vacations etc. so the full roster hasn't been there yet. ... but I believe Russell Fans are in for another great season

 

 

Russelldad: I agree with you and Devil58 that it is too early to talk much about the coming season. But, most of what is written on BGP is speculation or prediction – sprinkled with a little post-game analysis.

 

I don’t think it takes a very good crystal ball to predict another good year for Russell. :D

Russelldad: I agree with you and Devil58 that it is too early to talk much about the coming season. But, most of what is written on BGP is speculation or prediction – sprinkled with a little post-game analysis.

 

I don’t think it takes a very good crystal ball to predict another good year for Russell. :D

 

 

When the devil fans get on here Id like to hear their take on the playoff realignment now that Newport and the new/improved Mercer(burg) are in the opposite side of the bracket and wouldn't be seen until Louisville

 

Woody Jr

I ll tell you something I am so excited for this year i cannot wait for the first game against greenup...I think the Devils have a excellent chance of repeating although they have a lot of holes to fill in the middle of that defense.... remember offense wins games DEFENSE wins state titles.... the state title runs through Mercer County in my opinion mercer and russell are 1 and 2 in AA.....but Mercer has to come to the Devils lair... the Red Devils are something like 23 in a row at home.... GO DEVILS!!!!

OK my devilish friends .....

 

it's not lookin so good for you when a TOMCAT knows more:cool: about your upcoming path to Louisville than you yourselves do :confused: :sssh: :D

 

Mercer and Harrodsburg are consolidating. So to add to Mercers power you have H's "historical" speed. And if you follow some of the mercerberg threads on here you would know that they have already won the 2006 AA championship - no need for you guys to show up I guess :confused: :lol: :laugh:

 

ALSO the new playoff bracket has Newport AND Mercerburg now in the western side of the bracket - so you guys would not see both of them, only one in the FINAL game. You need to check out soem threads on the new playoff changes to see what region you are matched up with and who that includes - Im not THAT up on 2A across the state.

 

have fun

 

Woody Jr

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.