Everything posted by JC Alumni 76
-
Knox Central 31 Rockcastle County 8
Statement win for Knox. I expected them to win, but surprised by the margin.
-
What makes Johnson Central so unbeatable?
No one team is ever unbeatable, especially JC. IMO, they are a better team than they lost to last night but the score will say otherwise. I haven’t seen the backfield be that sloppy with the ball this season which was there ultimate undoing. I think JC may have lost 4 fumbles and recovered there own twice? Regardless, you take this one on the chin and move on. Hopefully, this team will provide itself an opportunity to redeem itself against Ashland but a lot must happen between now and then. The sky isn’t falling this morning in Johnson County and has no reason to be. The road just got tougher that’s all, which any knowledgeable fan already knew that. This isn’t last years team.
-
Ashland 21 Johnson Central 18
Most games I’ve seen this season, they have kicked XP. Not to many FG. JC’s starting kicker, also a soccer player, broke his leg in a soccer game and is out for the season. I think with this game in particular, Matney may have felt they could get the 2 points which I was nearly certain they did on the first one, but that another discussion.
-
Ashland 21 Johnson Central 18
Well, that’s why they play the games. As I said in the predictions thread, I felt like Ashland’s best chance was there big play ability. But with that many turnovers in late game situations, your not going to beat many good teams. JC’s margin of error is far less than last season. Without any major playmakers like Geordan Blanton or Joe Jackson, JC will rely heavily on there ground and pound and simply wearing teams down. And for the most part I felt they did but the late turnovers simply done them in. The road for JC is still there, it just got a little bumpier. Hopefully this motivates this team to correct their issues and start another run. Time will tell. Congrats to the Tomcats in the victory. Well deserved for their effort.
-
Henry Clay/Frederick Douglass Updates
True. But HC is a much better team than most have given them credit for.
-
Who is the best QB in Northern Kentucky football history?
Give me the Hefty Lefty. Wasn’t fortunate to see a lot of his High School games, but man did he make things interesting at UK. Loved watching him throw that ball.
- Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #10) - Sponsored by Redneck Hipster Hot Sauce
-
Lexington/CKY Regional Football Contest - Week 10
7 Tates Creek 5 Franklin County 3 Danville 2 East Jessamine 1 Henry Clay Tiebreaker: Franklin Co.
-
State Champ vs State Champ
3A and 4A actually play next week.
-
Class 3A Strength of Schedule
I’m at a loss for Belfry’s being so low. They played 2 top 5 overall teams in WV and NCC.
-
Covington Catholic moves to #1 in the Cantrall ratings
Wasnt Cov Cath already at the 1 position in this poll before even after Trinity had played 2 Ky teams? Maybe it was the Litkenhouse Ratings. Regardless, any overall poll without Trinity at #1 loses all credibility. I would say Cov Cath is a solid Top 3 though.
-
2017 KYMSFA MSFB Playoffs
Glad to see both JC teams are still in it. The feeder program at JC has never been better!
-
1A Game of the Week: 1A #4 Paintsville vs. 1A #5 Raceland
I would be attending this one if it weren't the Ashland week. With that said, I expect Paintsville to win but it'll be close. Raceland will bring a crowd that nearly matches Paintsville's home crowd. The atmosphere when these 2 get together is second to none.
-
What did the Hazard and Paintsville game tell us?
It tells me Hazard, even without the Smith brothers, are better than I thought they were and that Paintsville road to Kroger field is going to have more adversity than I expected.
-
How Many Games Have District Title Implications This Week?
Johnson Central at Ashland Raceland at Paintsville
-
6A #10 Frederick Douglass vs. #15 Henry Clay
Douglass might be the favorite but I'd be really surprised to see them give HC a running clock.
-
Lexington/CKY Football Contest Results - Week 9 - Your Business Sponsorship Here
Didnt make up any ground on gchs this week! On to next week.
-
4A #1 Johnson Central vs. #4 Ashland
Ashland has the athletes to make this a game. JC has to contain the big plays and get pressure on Ratliff to prevent huge breakdowns in the secondary. I don't see Ashland having much success on the ground. JC better come ready to play their district rival or they'll be in for a dog fight. But since the famous "Wide Right" game, JC usually handles their business, and this year will do so to the tune of a 3 TD victory.
-
Ashland 49 Greenup County 35
Greenup is a program on the rise. This win would have been huge for their program but it looked like the pressure of the stage may have took them over in the 2nd half. Greenup QB was spot on with most of his first half throws but struggled throughout in the 2nd half and the offense sputtered throughout. Ashland has a lot of nice athletes and speed at various positions. Ratliff given time, is very dangerous. Greenup struggled to contain the big plays from Ashland, thus the final score. Both teams should win there first round matchups in the playoffs IMO.
-
Paintsville 12 Hazard 7
Great game between two great teams!
-
Greenup County/Ashland Updates
Final Ashland 49 Greenup 35
-
Greenup County/Ashland Updates
Coburn finds the endzone for Ashland. XP is good. With 2:29 remaining in the 4th Ashland 49 Greenup 35
-
Greenup County/Ashland Updates
TO Greenup. 2nd and goal at the 9 with 2:34 remaining
-
Greenup County/Ashland Updates
Ashland 1st and goal
-
Greenup County/Ashland Updates
Ratliff wouldn't be denied with a 1st down run. Inside 3 mins remaining