Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SKINPIG

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SKINPIG

  1. Speaking of Zach Lewis...I thought he looked very comfortable and his throws were very accurate. If not for a few dropped passes and the rotation of QB's I'm sure he could have lead KY to the end-zone multiple times.
  2. Look Rico...I'm begging you man. PLEASE SWITCH TO CHICKEN OR BEEF!
  3. I highly recommend chicken quarters or beef brisket for future roasts. Pork is just too expensive. OINK!:thumb:
  4. In my opinion Clay is still the favorite to win the 13th, although I do believe they are at a crossroad. Either a player or member of the staff better get the Fun Factor back in this team or one of the best teams in the state won’t get out of the region. There seems to be a negative aura around the team. Its Clay’s to lose but don’t count Harlan County, South, Middlesboro or Jackson out.
  5. Both teams had to overcome a lot, a lot of turnovers and a lot of bad shots. As soon Clay decides to "cherish" every possession they will be a threat to win the 13th.
  6. Junior to be C.J. Miller from Clay County. If he gets in the weight room, he will be one of the best.
  7. Beats me. Even though other schools in the area have the same problem, it seems to hit harder at Clay. They can dress 45 in Middle School (and compete very well) almost every year but struggle to dress 40 on the varsity. Clay has had community support over the past 4 years as well as success. They have the coach they want now so I guess we'll see. My theory is that Middle School has adversely affected our varsity sports since it started. I understand that good Ms programs in other areas seem to help HS programs, but I believe it hurts here. Clay has had problems with quitters for a while now. We used to bring 8 or 9 QB's in from the eighth grade, 16 or 17 linebackers and so on and so on. These players were coming out of a VERY competitive elem league to compete for a spot on the freshman team. Now we're lucky if our 8th grade QB even comes out for the team. If he does, he has no competition for his freshman spot...The same goes for the other positions. When the competition for a starting spot on your freshman team doesn't exist, you have problems. I have no explanation for my theory. It could just be the (if my kid can't start as a freshman like the other kid he's not playing) mentality. It could be the Admin. From the top to the bottom, they don't seem to care. If any of you have theories, I'd love to hear them.
  8. Too bad that it was just 10 yards away from the play...Had it been 11 yards, (By Rule) it wouldn't have been called.
  9. So those two interceptions were perfectly thrown balls and a Jacket made an unbelievably athletic move to intercept them. The two fumbles were perfectly protected by Clay's runners in such a way that only a superb tackle with pinpoint accuracy and timing made by a Jacket would shake them loose. Those jackets are special. You're probably right, Middlesboro tried to hand them the game. Please excuse the sarcasm. It seems we all want to call our own turnovers unforced and the other teams turnovers forced by our defense.
  10. He's probably referring to the 3 or 4 turnovers, not scoring from the 3 yard line at the end of the second quarter, ill timed penalties and allowing the return when Clay had it covered. Clay adjusted their game at halftime and dominated the jackets in the second half. Clay should have kicked the ball where #7 had no chance of getting his hands on it...Out Of Bounds maybe?
  11. If the game is at Whitley. WC 41 PCC 13 If the game is at PCC. PCC 41 WC 13
  12. I agree on the Tossup. Although I will say the Perry loss may have somewhat exposed LCC and energized the rest of the district. Clay & LCC had some good games last year with the LCC offensive line wearing down the Tigers late. Clay's defense has indeed improved and I look for Lewis to use the entire playbook Friday night and that might, just might give Clay a slight edge.
  13. Should I take your post as a cheap shot? My statement about just giving up six in the second half is an accomplishment for us...No cheap shot.
  14. If Lewis has 9 more games like he did last night the record will be shattered around 6 games in. I'm sure Lewis would rather get the wins than the yards. Both would be nice though.
  15. If you told me Clay was going to give up 26 before the game I would have been tickled with that and marked it down as a win. Only scoring 13 is what worries me. C.J. Miller is the most punishing runner I've seen at Clay since Kenneth Mitchell. If you want to tackle Miller, expect a headache. Clay has an awesome QB in Lewis and a very good bunch of receivers along with Miller and Nolan in the backfield, add that to an improving O-Line (thought the O-Line played well) and that's why 13 points worries me. Maybe Knox's defense has our number. It looked like they were playing seven DB's at times and our running game was working pretty good. Running on first down most of the time helped Knox settle in I think. Holding on to the ball when our offense is clicking would also help. I think Clay will be fine. Next weeks game at Leslie should show improvement on both sides of the ball. I heard on another board that the Knox Player was going to be OK.
  16. Lewis had 296 yds. Knox looked OK. Corbin will win that matchup. Clay held them to six in the second half. As someone said, two turnovers and two very boneheaded penelties were the difference in the game. If I'm not mistaken, Knox was playing 7 db's at times. Clay had success in the air and on the ground but didn't get in a flow on offense.
  17. I guess I shouldn't comment because I wasn't there, but didn't Clay score a bunch of times? If scores had been kept who would have scored the most & give up the least. When you say Clay "couldn't stop Pburg's Cranyon or Sester" does that mean they scored at will?
  18. Cup cakes or not...I watched the 7 on 7 at South Laurel yesterday and Lewis was a class above any QB there. Bowling was the next best.
  19. I hope Mr. Arnett gets offered the position...He is not living in Clay County...Yet.
  20. Too early to speculate. I assume you know the front runner out of the box. It will be very interesting to see who applies.
  21. Harrison gets a good one! Announcement coming tomorrow.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.