Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region?

Featured Replies

Who are the favorites? I know Clay Co was considered the favorite but it seems that they have been struggling a little. Here are the teams I think could make a run.

 

Clay Co

South Laurel

Whitley Co

Jackson Co

North Laurel

Middelsboro

Who are the favorites? I know Clay Co was considered the favorite but it seems that they have been struggling a little. Here are the teams I think could make a run.

 

Clay Co

South Laurel

Whitley Co

Jackson Co

North Laurel

Middelsboro

 

 

In my opinion Clay is still the favorite to win the 13th, although I do believe they are at a crossroad. Either a player or member of the staff better get the Fun Factor back in this team or one of the best teams in the state won’t get out of the region. There seems to be a negative aura around the team.

 

Its Clay’s to lose but don’t count Harlan County, South, Middlesboro or Jackson out.

  • Author

I agree something is going on with this Clay team, the staff need to take action and fix the problems. This team has a ton of talent and should win the region if they can get it together!

 

I think South, Middlesboro, Jackson, and North all have a chance to win it too.

I completely agree with both of you. Clay should be unstoppable with the amount of talent they have. Jackson, Phillips, Fox, Mitchell, & Smith are great players. These girls need positive support to pull the very best from them. Sure hope it happens sooner than later. If it doesn't, the 13th is wide open.

  • Author

If Clay plays together and has fun while they are playing they are unstoppable in the

13th region. If something does not change I agree the 13th has several teams that could be heading to rupp.

Clay has to be the favorite, but I really like the way North is starting to play with Jackson back and healthy. North may be a darkhorse.

Clay is the favorite but the 13th is more wide open than it has been in a long time.

Clay Co loses at home tonight to Rockcastle Co. They are now 10-7 on the season. Alot of talent on this team to be 10-7............Plenty of time to right the ship but something is definetly not right.

I would say Harlan County will have a shot. I think Clay beat them pretty good, but don't count them out!

  • Author

Clay has played a really tough schedule, but I agree something is not right on this team. Jackson has not had her A game the last couple games I have watched her. Phillips had a great game against Rockcastle Co. The Rockcastle Co game was a great game and the Rock was on fire from behind the 3 point line. Does anyone know what happend to the 2 other smith girls? I have noticed they have not been on the bench.

I know that Clay is the favorite but I think that Middelsboro is playing well right now. But I think that in the end the Tigers will be cutting down the nets on Log Mountain.

Friday's game between Clay and North Laurel should be a dandy one and an important one to see where both stand right now. I still think that North has a real shot at their first girls regional title as long as they keep playing well.

Friday's game between Clay and North Laurel should be a dandy one and an important one to see where both stand right now. I still think that North has a real shot at their first girls regional title as long as they keep playing well.

 

I could seee that they have a good basketball coach.

I could seee that they have a good basketball coach.

 

 

Yep, Ole Roy has won a few games in his day.

Roy Bowling, from 1978-1980, reeled off 74 straight wins at Laurel County, including 3 straight state titles (he has 4 total). That is one record that may never be broken (#2 is Sacred Heart with 42 straight wins from 2003-2004).

 

He has done an excellent job at NL in starting to turn that program around.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.