Everything posted by BigStud
-
9th Region Outlook for Next Season
There is a bigger name out there than Henley.
-
9th Region Outlook for Next Season
Ryle's coaching situation is what scares me for voting them high right now.
-
9th Region Outlook for Next Season
Yes BJ is, but there isn't that big of a drop off to his little brother who took over his role most this year Braeon who is a sophmore.
-
9th Region Outlook for Next Season
It would be hard to argue in preseason next year not to vote for the top 3 in the 35th in my mind.
-
9th Region Outlook for Next Season
Actually the bench might be stronger, if the strong freshman class devolps as well as the couple sophs on the roster. I'm confident in the frontcourt of Scruggs,Eifert, and Sullivan being ready. The key to next year is your right Sheena Giwa. If he is ready, HC should be voted as a top 3 or 4 team.
-
9th Region Outlook for Next Season
HC wont' drop off much. Sorrel and Ryan on the floor at the same time will be one of the more explosive 3pt teams in the region. They have a pretty experienced front court coming back and a very good jv team this year.
-
9th Region Draw and Predictions
I don't care what anyone says. There was no reason for Holmes to lose to any team in this region by 19 points. Rice or no Rice, there is to much talent in Red and White to not atleast put up a fight. Its gut check time in Covington. I've seen less talented Holmes teams compete and work together better. Like I said when districts started, Duran Jefferson will be remebered how he gels this team this year. He is the best PG in this region, if he plays the way he should, no pg can touch him. Its time to check all ego's at the door and play. They can beat any team on their side of the bracket. That just leaves them the finals where they have to their "A" ball to win. With all that said, and it saddens me to say this, CCH will win.
-
Do you remember your last high school game?
Scored last points in an embarssing district loss to a terrible Holmes team.
-
35th District Championship Game - Covcath vs Holmes
I'm not sure on names, but the one kid is as tall as Rice but thicker.
-
KY Post NKY All-Stars
Outside of the private Class A schools its very rare for the public small schools in NKY to make noise or get recongintion.
-
35th District Championship Game - Covcath vs Holmes
When your the tallest player on the floor by 3 inches no reason not to lead the game in rebounds, no excuses my man.
-
35th District Championship Game - Covcath vs Holmes
CCH probably has the tallest team in the 9th, but I've never seen so many big kids play soft. If they played as aggresive as their backcourt they would be unbeatable in the 9th region. I would love to see the stats, because I wouldn't be surprised if HC outrebounded CCH in that last game.
-
35th District Championship Game - Covcath vs Holmes
CCH big men must play big. Other wise a Rice less Holmes really isn't as big of a deal against another guard oriented team. Holmes can match CCH with guards. But I'll take CCH -66 Holmes 61 But like I said above if a CCH big man does not step up, Austin Hill is more than capable of caring Holmes on his back in this game.
-
CovCath 56 Cov Holy Cross 49
Who cares about the call now its over. HC and Goetz made a smart play period it worked, end of discussion. CCH is the favorite to win the region. Actually I'll say the winner friday is the favorite. After watching both Holmes and CCH play this week. I'm still hard pressed to be convinced that Highlands would have been any better than 4th best team in the 35th district.
-
CovCath 56 Cov Holy Cross 49
It also said Busse had a 3pointer and I'm pretty sure Busse's only field goal was a lay up late in the 2nd half.
-
CovCath 56 Cov Holy Cross 49
I just checked the stats the enquirer had and it says that. I must have saw something else I though Ryan had 3 three pointers in first half and one in the 2nd half.
-
CovCath 56 Cov Holy Cross 49
Great Game. Some Points 1. Jimmy Ryan was on fire in the first half, CCH did a nice job of adjusting. 2. HC game planned was followed to a key and CCH beat them the one way HC was going to allow them. That was deep 3's by Bovard. Bovard doesn't come to play HC wins this game. He is the MVP in my book. 3. I though all Scruggs moves were legit, its not his fault he is much stronger than everyone in CCH's post. I also though the travel on the up and under early in the 1st quarter was a basket. He held his pivot foot. 4. I don't know if any team can do as good of job on Tim T , and TJ as HC did today. 5. Noll kept CCH in it early. Isn't very strong inside, but has a nice touch away from the basket. 6. I also would have liked to see Sorrel in more in the last 3 minutes. CCH went small, and HC probably should have followed. 7. Great game, eventualy HC has to get over this hump, but Goetz still has my vote for Coach of the year. Two best teams in the region period were playing last night.
-
Zach Kiernan/UL???
Look at Joe Fischer from Covington Holy Cross. Was 6'7 with a good frame. He has worked his way quite nice up the UK O-line depth chart.
-
CCH @ Holy Cross 1st Round of the 35th
6pts
-
Zach Kiernan/UL???
Didn't his uncle play there?
-
CCH athlete who never played
Hart was not near the player on that AAU team Elder was. Elder his 8th grade year played some of his best ball down in Orlando for the Heat at Nationals. Tyler Jones, Fabiani, and Elder stole the show.
-
CCH @ Holy Cross 1st Round of the 35th
Hey Cshs, I'm heading to german town after class at noon, want anything dropped off at the line.
-
9th Region Player and Coach of The Year
Austin Hill - Holmes Coach Goetz- HC
-
CCH athlete who never played
The other thread got me thinking. A kid who graduated from CCH but got cut as a freshman. Tyler Elder, was one of the best players/athletes in his age level growing up in NKY. Was a key factor on the NKY Heat that won state and played well in Nationals. The kid was a great athlete but was cut for reasons I never found out. I really wished this kid would have played at another school, I always thought he was going to be a stud.
-
2006 Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown
Coach Mueller must have been stuborn again about who he wanted to play, I know for a fact that this event wanted Highlands in it the last two years.