Everything posted by BigStud
-
Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates
Henley by most accounts was a lock pre promotion but agree its not gonna happen now.
-
Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates
Good pay, best facilties, less stress. But with promtion he is not leavin.
-
Ryle Basketball- Leading Candidates
I heard this a few months ago but now that he is vice principal I don't put much weight on it. But in March this was a huge topic in covington.
-
River Rat: Class split is not the answer by Peter W. Zubaty
I'm not crying it doesn't make it any harder for the school i root for, I just think it ruins competition for a title. I predict with Beechwood out of the picture you might see an HC title soon.
-
River Rat: Class split is not the answer by Peter W. Zubaty
Were the 25th state, but trying to have the same amount of classes, as a state what 3 or 4 times our size? Being middle of the pack does not mean we should match the states in the top 10.
-
River Rat: Class split is not the answer by Peter W. Zubaty
Ended athletics at HC? I think there is plenty of talent at HC to last long after Lloyd would show anything. Honestly the ruling is a joke period. Its about giving kids an easy oppurtunity to win. I'm all for being fair, but this ruling is a joke. Kids need to earn a state title. Football has now put itself on the same level as the Slow pitch softball tournament in my mind. How can the amount of teams in each class really be considered a state title. Ohio has what like 500 schools, and six classes? This is a joke to me. By giving kids a chance do you mean giving them in easy ride to a title?
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
By all the people in charge of course you mean no one in NKY right?
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
:thumb: Latley GT has not been a very open poster. Its his way or its the wrong way.
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
I see what people are tyring to say, but I do not feel outside of trinity and X this is even an issue. There are not enough schools in this state to actually have a large enough base for in my mind a real state title. This will put each division under 40 teams if I'm not mistaken. That is not a state title, but more like a regional or sectional title. Just because I don't have your opinion does not mean I do not understand the situation. I just think as said before this is teaching kids a wrong lesson. The 4 spot playoff rule is fine with me teams had earn their title to a higher extent. Now teams will win state titles because they were taken away from some of the greatest competition.
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
IF thats your theory, then we should do it basketball to save the game in KY which is slipping. To a point I can see the reason for the 4 spot, but I think going to 6 classes is extreme. To watered down of titles. I think 6 classes and 4 spot move are apples and oranges. I would rather have all teams in and keep the same classes. I can live with that, atleast teams who win the titles will have earned it to a great extent. To me this a move like splitting public and private, and has nothing to do with the 4 teams playoff rule. The 4 team play off rule did not water down competition. More often than not the best team usually won.
-
River Rat: Class split is not the answer by Peter W. Zubaty
This is not why it was done? I see no other reason? This was about some schools who couldn't beat other schools and wanted a way around it.
-
River Rat: Class split is not the answer by Peter W. Zubaty
They have larger pools of talent, and alot more schools. Not fair to compare. We are a small state.
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
Maybe its the same educated opinion alot of outsiders have of the state of KY. We are spreading a very small pool of schools to thin.
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
I don't see any postives except some schools can feel good about themselves for doing nothing. Football will be turning into what the slow pitch softball tournament has been. Who cares if you win a state title against so few teams.
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
I'm confused do you like this format?
-
NKy Football Coaches irked at plan
Why does that opinion mean he does not know the topic. I've always believed we already have to many divisions in our state. We are a small state, with not to many schools. But yet we want the same amount of divisions as states such as Texas and Ohio?
-
Buddy Biggs new Ashland Coach
This move shocked me, Buddy didn't hide the fact the last couple years that he was looking to come to the 9th region.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
Thats false. I just said he wasn't better than Duran or Bibbins.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
You have to admit though no one replacing Timmy is coming in with the hype Timmy had.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
:thumb: The guys point is still valid. Timmy T was the heartbeat of CCH. But CCH is one of the schools that usually just reloads.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
I think the top 3 teams in the 9th next year will be good enough to beat or compete with just about any team in the state. Austin Hill is a sleeper for 1st team all state.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
???????? I would say this is the best top to bottom year the 9th has had since 03.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
???????????????? HC even in their down years thrive on defense? If there is one thing in most years at HC team does have going for them that some teams don't against Holmes, HC players do not fear the Bulldogs at any point when they face.
-
How scary is this....
The difference between the EKY stars and Tarheels were, the Tar Heels were made up of one school district.
-
NKY Coaches 06-07 Pre-Season Picks
LOL you have no clue of any other their situations thats for sure. Sure they take some blame. But I think some are to quick to judge.