Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ThrowItDeep

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ThrowItDeep

  1. They should have the new realignment done by late spring. This would obviously be for the 2009-2010 seasons.
  2. Have not heard that yet. Will find out for sure soon. Wow!!!!
  3. Alot of talent at the skill positions. RB #22 Syndor is extremely quick FB #44 Gordon is a big, tough FB QB #7 Benton is extremely mobile. Likes bootlegs DL/LB #77 Bigbee is a college type player. Very aggressive.
  4. I would love to see Rville win it, but Central is way too much. Central 35 Rville 14
  5. Most of the times (not always)...schedules are done in two-year cycles. So, next year's schedule will be the same as this one except for the home and away teams. I think it can be very advantageous for those win make the playoffs to have a few weeks to heal up and work on some wrinkles offensively/defensively.
  6. How many did Clay have ejected? That would be something to look at. Heard they had two guys ejected for fighting. Nobody from Perry Co was ejected? Were the two boys from Clay fighting each other?
  7. Westsider, I agree with you. Playing the same teams in the playoffs (1st round at least) is not a good idea. I don't like that aspect of the new alignment, but I look for that to change with the next realignment after next year. Reasons I don't like it. A four seed who was beaten badly by the one seed earlier in the year has to play the same team again. No new life for the kids. Not a great playoff experience. The old sytem allowed for every district to root for their own district against the other.
  8. Sorry, but since when did allowing teenagers a chance to succeed and play football a couple more weeks a year fall behind some people's feelings of a state championship not being worthy??? How is the current system going to make football in this state worse? Kids get to practice football for a few weeks more a year, play a few more games a year, and be excited about winning a game or two in the playoffs. For the traditional powerhouses, the first two rounds are "meaningless". But, to the teams that are not and never will state championship material, getting to the playoffs or even the second round is something that is meaningful to them, their community, and their school. If you win a state championship in any sport, it is a major accomplishment. Just because every school does not have wrestling, tennis, soccer, etc., does that mean that those schools that have won championships in those sports aren't truly champions?? Most kids will never get the chance to play again after high school. As fans/coaches, we all should appreciate the kids that are still playing athletics. There has been a major change in kids (I believe parents are much to blame) that have decided to not play anything. That could be due to being lazy, burnout, other interests, etc. I was lucky enough to play high school football at a small school that had brief success. We won 39 games in my four years and "earned" a trip to the playoffs all four years, winning one regional championship, losing in the finals of another, and being defeated by the eventual state champion in the region semi-finals. I could only hope for kids to have the success that I was able to have in my four-year high school football playing career. Let's allow the kids to enjoy some level of success. Your school and another school may have differences in opinion on what a successful year is. Here is a look at the numbers of high school student-ahtletes making it to the next level. . Football High School Student Athletes (football) 1,071,775 High School Senior Student 306,221 NCAA Student Athletes 61,252 NCAA Freshman Roster Positions 17,501 NCAA Senior Student Athletes 13,612 NCAA Student Athletes Drafted 250 Percent High School to NCAA 5.7% Percent NCAA to Professional 1.8% Percent High School to Professional 0.08%
  9. Leatherneck, If that was the case, how in the world did Warren Central almost beat St. X in the State Semifinal game in 2003. Central was on the six inch line with less than two minutes when their QB fumbles on sneak. I'm not against you. I'm sure that X and T get better as the season goes along. But, please do not think for a second that other teams get worse. My personal opinion of the game. Trinity beats BG 3. BG will have alot of missed opportunities in the game to win by 2 TD's, but do not capitalize on them. (Scary to think about it, but if they do...BG does have some good players coming back....BG wins by 10.)
  10. Personally, nothing wrong with it. It's a sport. It's on ESPN. Would it have been better to have him playing in a golf scramble (gambling) or a fishing tournament (gambling), or buying a ticket for a split the pot (gambling)??? I immediately thought of having an ace in the hole and especially an ace up his sleeve (when the video showed it). Guru, I understand your thought, but unless it showed Marty betting on football games, I think it was a good thing.
  11. I went with Michael Bush. Played both ways and was clearly the best player on the field in every game he played. Played multiple positions in high school. He lined up at RB, WR, QB. Very tough defensively. That's why I chose Bush. He was good on both sides of the ball. I never saw Horning play due to my sub 30 year old age. I've seen clips, but those are always "highlights". I am sure he was nasty!
  12. Great place to coach. (Head Coach is solid.) Great place to teach. (Teacher pay scale is really good.)
  13. six in a row!! Pretty impressive. This one was the toughest. Game was tied at 50.
  14. Warren Central 4th Region
  15. Warren Central wins 4th region 58-50. Will play June Buchanan in the Sweet Sixteen.
  16. Mayfield---22 NewCath--21 Mayfield goes for 2 and wins.
  17. Russell should be able to move the ball on them some. They better score every time they get in the red zone because they will need every point. Owensboro Catholic is very good offensively and is even more impressive defensively. They win their 13th straight game. Catholic----28 Russell-----14
  18. Although Lexington Catholic will cause the Purples some problems, I think the natural pressure by BG's front four will be too much for the Knights. Bowling Green is very good defensively. Their offense does enough good things to score what it needs to win the game. I'll take Bowling Green. BG------21 LexCath-7
  19. The Advisory Committee voted to create six classes in football. They met today to discuss the different issues surrounding high school football. Teams would be allowed to play up a class if they wished but would be made to do so before the districts are final. There would also be four teams from each district that would make the playoffs, not two, like what was previously thought. Any comments?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.