Scheduling:2008

BIG BLUE

With most teams finished with district play and two weeks before the playoffs begin, injuries and staying heathy would seem to be on every coaches mind more than usual. Will the district games be played at the end of the year next season?

I doubt we will see many games for districts played at end of the year anymore, with most every team making the playoffs. With teams who are guaranteed a post season birth I would think a coach would want a couple of weeks to rest up for the playoffs. As long as you aren't involved in a tiebreaker at this point, if your district schedule is over you could begin to focus on your playoff opponent and use these games almost as scrimmages.

I wonder because some teams are playing up in the class system right before the playoffs. These games are hardly scrimmages as some matchups could cause some injuries against solid ballclubs. I hate to see some teams face some of the better competition at the end of the schedule. Interesting to see how some of these games turn out with all the rain.

Most of the times (not always)...schedules are done in two-year cycles. So, next year's schedule will be the same as this one except for the home and away teams.

I think it can be very advantageous for those win make the playoffs to have a few weeks to heal up and work on some wrinkles offensively/defensively.