Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fcpantherfan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fcpantherfan

  1. Here is the link to the http://www.khsaa.org/boardofcontrol/agenda/20102011/August/Ad%20Hoc%20Football.pdf new layout, it has the three options that were discussed with option 2 being voted on by the board of control. The one thing that is interesting to me is that Russell is in 2A with nobody anywhere close to them and Bell County is in 3A along with Fort Campbell. I suspect there will be several schools trying to move up to lessen travel distances.
  2. I know the Fleming/Ashland game is Friday at 8 pm.
  3. Fleming County named Bill Spencer as it's head coach today. Now it's time to start preparing for spring football!!!
  4. Coach Kelly has done a great job with this team. It has been enjoyable to see the progression of this team.
  5. Worst part of the night was not the beat down the Panthers received, but the Rowan County trumpeter who blew his horn all night long:madman: In the second half I wanted to:isurrender: to Horatio Hornblower.
  6. He is probably the best "moves" back I've seen in a long time. The only other back I've seen recently that was as good as him would be Channing Fugate. Fugate has speed and power. Cross has speed and great body movement.
  7. Final. Darrell Cross 270 all purpose yards at halftime.
  8. On the radio Friday night, Coach Brown said if they do not turn the ball over, they can put 40 points on the board against any team they play. I know that the runningback Cross is hard to handle for Rowan. I look for another thriller in Flemingsburg.
  9. Fleming County had nowhere to go but up from last years 1-9 record. The offense has been revamped to a ground attack. The defense has been adjusted to a more conventional cover scheme. HUGE win for the Panthers tonight who have been battling alot of injuries. Three of our penciled in starting offense linemen were out tonight because of injuries as well. The confidence should build after beating a good Raceland team.
  10. The Panthers spread offense has been replaced this year with a wishbone/option attack. Last night against Nicholas, Fleming attempted one pass the whole game.
  11. I think Jay will be a good coach in time, but I just don't think you want to put him in a Head coaching position at the High School level without any high school experience.
  12. Our new coach needs to be a strong disciplined coach, and someone that can instill some confidence in our kids.
  13. According to everything I have seen, we will be back in the old district. I for one am going to be glad.
  14. Top Bracket Butler County/LaRue County 3:30 12/20 West Carter/St. Patrick 6:30 12/20 Bottom Bracket Bracken County/Jenkins 5:00 12/20 Fleming County/Menifee County 8:00 12/20 Same times on Friday with the top bracket consolation at 3:30 Bottom Bracket consolation at 6:30 Semi Finals are at 5 & 8 Saturday 7th place game 11am, 5th place at 12:30pm, 3rd place at 2pm, and Finals at 3:30pm.
  15. I watched Fleming in person for their first two games, however I did not attend tonights game but got reports from people at the game. This Fleming County team plays with alot more hustle and teamwork than what I saw last couple of years. They will not win many games pretty, but these young kids (all sophomores and freshmen) will battle to the end. As a fan I am extremely happy with the way the season has started, and hopefully the Panthers continue to get better as the season goes on.
  16. Fleming County is really young this year. We have 3 returning starters on offense. The majority of this year's starters are sophomores and juniors. Overall, we are definitely not as quick as we have been over the last few years. More size, less speed.
  17. My guess will be that Coach Peterson will line up in every formation we have, and make adjustments to what is working the best. A fast track is something that would worry us Panther fans, with respect to Russell's skill people.
  18. Surprising to the large crowd of Panther fans as well. Defense probably played it's best game of the year.
  19. They tried to mix up their offense with everything in their arsenal, nothing worked. West Carter did a good job all night on defending the Panthers.
  20. Ugly game in Flemingsburg. Fleming led 13-0 at halftime. West Carter had approximately 140 yards of offense, while the Panthers muster only 77 yards. Defense for Fleming came up with interception for TD, along with several short fields for the Panthers.
  21. Very good game to watch. I was very proud of Fleming's effort. In the end the Panthers were wore down by Russell. To start the season like we did and end last night giving a pretty good account of ourselves, this might be the best coaching effort from the Fleming staff in a long time. Fleming had some chances to keep it close, but when you get into the redzone, you have to make some noise. Give credit to Coach McGlone and his staff, they always make good halftime adjustments. Good luck to the Red Devils, looking for the trip to Russell in a couple of weeks, barring any upset.
  22. Fleming has to get good line play to give Russell a game. The last few years we have had some athletes, and a very good quarterback. However well Fritz played in those games, he was running for his life in every one of those games. With the type of team we have this year, I still think the best way to attack Russell would be to run the ball. Will it work, or will the coaching staff decide to go that route, I really don't know. I know with the way the weather is supposed to be, I know the coaching staff would want a dry night to mix up run and pass. In all previous games with wet field conditions, we have primarily ran the ball. I look forward to a nice rainy evening in Flemingsburg, we haven't had a good duck drowner this year during the football games like we had last year against Lewis and Morgan.
  23. Possibly a wet night on Friday in Flemingsburg. Fleming has had trouble passing on those rainy nights this year. I expect Fleming coming out trying to pass and then going to the run. We've done that several times this year. If Fleming can keep it close, they will go back to the spread offense sometime in the game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.