Everything posted by Admiral 4 Life
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Yes. If Danville or NCC wins the 2A title now, but Mayfield or Beechwood has a really good 1A title team, people will always wonder what would have happened in the old system. It is totally watered down. To be a champion of 32 teams is less meaningful than being a champion of 50 teams. OK, so if we are so worried about the poor 4A teams that never have a chance against the big 3, then why don't we set our system up like South Carolina used to do it (not sure if they still do-haven't lived there in a while)-... Just leave the first four classes as is, and take the biggest 16 schools in the state and call it the super sixteen. They have their own playoff system, and they get their game a weekend before everyone else (save them that big spotlight that they cherrish), because there are only 4 rounds. So, in a sense there are actually 5 classes. I don't really favor that scenario either, but it's better than 6 classes in a tiny state like KY. Get real. This is stupid. It will be like going 6-5 and winning the Motor City Bowl. Who cares?
-
Realignment--Winners & Losers??
Big Winners: KHSAA getting more gate money from the extra playoff games in a watered down state championship playoff format. Big Losers: Kentucky High School Football in general.
-
Its official, Kentucky will be moving to 6 classes
Terrible, terrible move for KY High School football. First they allow 4 teams in each district to make the playoffs. Now this. It will mean much less to win a state title now. Especially in the lower classes. Hopefully when the KHSAA realizes what a terrible idea this is, they will return to a four class system. Unfortunately the teams that win state titles during this period will probably have asterisks next to their names. Will there still be four teams from every district in the playoffs? If that is the case, then only one team won't make the playoffs in all of 2A. That is terrible. What's the point of playing the regular season?
-
Top 5 Mr. Football candidates for 2006
Yes.
-
Lex Cath 9 Danville 6
Lefty, I'm with you. I wasn't there, so I can't comment, but fans get rowdy and spirited in big games. Especially when things don't go your way. What I can comment on is Character, and I know Paul Morse has it, and I know he played with it. I played two sports with him in HS for two years, and I know he played and went about his business the right way. I actually competed at the same position with him in one sport, and there was never any animosity between us. He was a great mentor to me. I can't say what happened with some angry parents, or some 16 year olds that might have lost it in the heat of battle, but I can tell you Paul wasn't encouraging such activity.
-
Lexington Catholic 11 Danville 5
Anybody got anything?
-
Danville Lex Cath Updates???
Pulaski I think.
-
Danville Lex Cath Updates???
Anybody???
-
State Title Location
You are exactly right. Danville used to be the geographic center of the state, and there was a small historic marker somewhere on the Campus of Centre Collge to signify it. However, there as a Purchase (can't remember-was it the Jackson Purchase???) of land that was annexed to the western part of the state, and the geographic center obviously moved. Marion County sounds correct, but I have no idea.
-
Winningest Teams in Kentucky since 2000!
You must have meant Danville. With 3 titles and a runner up already, they are definitely in the mix to be the team of the 2000s. :sssh: We just need to beat the County a few more times and win a couple more titles before the decade ends.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
OK. I will drop it. You call it what you want to call it, and I'll call it what I want to call it.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
I believe that was in 1984. And, for the record, there is very little that the Admirals are afraid to face. Then and now.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
No, that is not what I meant. I played in a dome 3 times in college, and I absoltely hated it. I am not referring to climate control or artificial turf. I'm talking about CHEATING. There is a difference. Playing on a field that is purposely altered is just as bad as playing in a dome. In that instance, you are actually controlling the elements yourself. That's the same thing as playing in a dome. I'm talking about a good surface that doesn't alter the natural athletic/football abilities of either team. If it rains naturally, you just have to deal with that. It's football. We can all understand that. That is not what happened that night.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
Which is why I also included on a neutral or "controlled" playing surface. We win that game by two TDs in any other non-tampered with surface in the state. Playing on a good field surface in 1993 was more indicitave of what that match up would normally be like PS Danville was close to being a single A sized school at that time, and you had to do what you did to win. Don't beat your chest too hard.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
That is, now that Danville and Mayfield are A teams. That doesn't go back 10-15 years, so it's hard to argue this considering how the teams changing classes have shaped the landscape of each class.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
When Danville was dominant in AA (late 80s early 90s at their height) one of these recent AA champions (Belfry) that used to be in AAA didn't stand a chance against Danville (especially on a neutral/controlled field). I think the score in 1993 was 63-7. So, I think Hatz' point is valid. And, saying that Danville and Mayfield aren't as "in control" of A as they were in AA in the late 80s early 90s further proves his point. Beechwood and NCC make it tougher for Danville and Mayfield to win it every year. Hence, the competition must be greater in A.
-
All-Time KY High School Football Team
Without a doubt. A]The most dominating high school player I have ever seen or played with. I often felt sorry for the guys lining up against him. I often felt sorry for myself playing on the scout offense across from him. Everybody in America wanted him.
-
Stronger division over that last 10-15 yrs, A or AA
Danville played NCC in AA playoffs in 1990. Not sure when they made the change.
-
Who are the 8th graders at your school that can make an impact next year?
If you are referring to Hatz' post, you may not have noticed that he was talking about Danville when it was a 3A team. Not to mention an undefeated 3A team.
-
LexCath's biggest win ever?
In an article this past week one of the assistant coaches mentioned the last second hail mary that won a game over Danville in the playoffs (1997 I believe).
-
How many teams have won a state title running the Wing T?
We ran a wishbone in the early 90s, but have gotten away from that since about 98. In '98 they ran a stack I (3 backs directly behind the QB). I think Harp actually tried to run something different for the first few games of his tenure in '88, but after starting 0-3 (capping it off with their only loss to Lincoln ever) they scrapped that and went back to the good old Bone. Never ran the wing T in the past 25 years that I'm aware of. They really don't run a true bone any more, but at times apparently got back into it some this year. It seems like their personnel would fit the description to get back in the bone and run the triple option successfully like we did in the early 90s and late 80s (with Redd). THey have not done that since around 97 or so.
-
Bardstown 21 Danville 0
I heard people (Lincoln Fans) stating in years past that the only bad thing about Jaggers leaving was that Josh was going with him to play for us. That's obviously a pretty negative statement. This was soon after he left Lincoln, so maybe they were still just bitter. Kind of like I still am with Pitino.
-
Bardstown 21 Danville 0
I've heard more Lincoln fans bad mouth Jaggers than Danville fans. I haven't heard any negative comments from Danville fans about him. I have always had respect for him even when we competed against him when he was at Lincoln.
-
Bardstown 21 Danville 0
I was talking about the 1999 team. Notice how I quoted the previous poster's comments?
-
Bardstown 21 Danville 0
That was 6 years ago. And, yes, I think that was the weakest team Danville has had in the last 25 years. Isn't this site about posting opinions?