Everything posted by Admiral 4 Life
-
Proof that a change was needed????
It was. Trust me. I happened to be very well connected to the executive staff of the school systems when this happened, and I understand why all of that went down the way it did.
-
1A Championship: New Cath vs Danville
He is a sophomore, and he has already been offered a scholarship from UK. I don't believe he is playing this week.
-
1A Championship: New Cath vs Danville
Hmmmmm.... Who, exactly, said that??? Wierd.
-
Rate the Final 8
The early 90s. How about in 93 when we beat the 3 A runner up (Lincoln by two TDs) and the 4A runner up (Shelby-by 3 TDs) at the beginning of the season? This year... not so much. BG Trinity CovCath Ryle In no REALLY particular order, I believe these schools are all a cut above the smaller schools this year. Mercer has played nobody since their preseason scrimmage against Danville. Mercer (Pretty much a stalemate scrimmage, but I think they improved more during the regular season, so I give them the nod) Danville (I hope before NCC-but I really can't say for sure) NCC Russell
-
Proof that a change was needed????
In Boyle County you can no longer go to Danville if you live outside of the city limits, and vice versa. If you live in BC you go to BCHS, and if you live in the city limits you go to school at DHS. There are no choices for students and parents any longer. I think this is a shame. Mainly for academic reasons. However, I know the reason it was implemented began when BCHS began having success on the football field, and DHS began losing quality students and athletes to the better funded County School System. They had to do it to hang on to their dwindling enrollment. PS I would rather see a single class system than a 6 class system. Even if we only had a chance to win it once every 20 years (and don't think we wouldn't have been in the mix at some point in the past 20 years).
-
Memorable state final performances
DaDa Walker from Danville in 1987. As a freshmen he blocks the extra point in overtime to seal a 24-23 victory over Mayfield. Thus, the great post-season rivalry began. Probably the most exciting finish to a title game EVER!!!
-
1A Championship: New Cath vs Danville
Just because they are in a bigger class doesn't mean they have more team speed. They may, but I'm just pointing out the facts. Danville has traditionally been one of the faster teams in the state regardless of class, and they seem to be a little speedier than they have been in recent years.
-
Proof that a change was needed????
Yes. It should mean something to make the playoffs. It won't under this new format. Ridiculous. If the KHSAA is going to do this, they should at least make so that only two teams make the playoffs from each district. You will now have first round games of teams like Danville taking on teams that are 0-10. Way to go KHSAA. You got everyone a little playoff experience. They just got drilled 70-0 with a running clock in the second half. Great way to end their hs football experience. It is one of the dumbest ideas i have ever heard for one of the smallest states in the union. BTW, Danville will be in AA next year for the person that asked.
-
Proof that a change was needed????
Well, Danville played up a class for years in the 90s. The KHSAA just made it mandatory for all schools to play by specific classification guidelines since Danville has moved down to A. Maybe they should have just tweaked the numbers for classification in stead of making this thing so watered down that it means very little. In my opinion, you will still see the same traditional powers bringing home the hardware next year. There will just be 6 of them doing it, and not 4.
-
1A Championship: New Cath vs Danville
Does anybody know the status of Macon for Friday's game? Will he play?
-
1A Championship: New Cath vs Danville
We put them out in 1989 and 1990. Both were pretty lopsided I believe. I know in 1990 as a freshman, I got to play pretty much the entire fourth quarter. Back to the here and now. Danville usually has problems with NCCs passing attack. Are they the same strong passing team offensively? I would say the secondary played well against Mayfield Friday. I hope this is not against the rules, but can I ask if Macon will be allowed to play Friday? I think that obviously makes a huge difference in the secondary for the Ads, and of course their passing offense.
-
1A Bethlehem/Danville Updates
Great job Lefty. Thanks.
-
1A Mayfield/Metcalfe County Updates
score?
-
1A Bethlehem/Danville Updates
atta boy Lefty
-
Best playoff Rivalries?
Danville Mayfield started in 1987 in the AA championship game. It was settled by a blocked extra point by Freshman David Walker for the Ads to win the first one 24-23. 1989 AA State Title game-Danville wins 7-3 on an ubelievable TD run by Donnie Redd, and a great goal line stand of 3 straight plays from the 1 in the first half. 1991 AA State Title game-Danville wins another close one 17-14 in an evenly contested match up. 1992 AA State Title Game-Danville wins 34-7 in a game that was tied 7-7 going into the fourth quarter. Mayfield drops to A in the mid 90s and the rivalry goes on break. Since Danville dropped down in 2000 (I believe) Danville and Mayfield have met in the semi-finals every year except one (I'm pretty sure). Most of these games were settled by a touchdown or less. Thats a great rivalry for teams that have had to win and keep playing until the semifinals or championship to even see each other. I believe that's 9 times in less than 20 years (about 5 of those they weren't even in the same class). Of course Danville has a big advantage, but most of those games could have gone either way.
-
Danville 35 Frankfort 6
Hip Hop Box, I love your loyalty. How many undefeated season have you picked in a row?
-
Danville 35 Boyle County 33
I just have one thing to say; Josh Miller is a MAN. He owned that game. With that game film he should be recruited by a lot of big schools. WOW. I was impressed. I would think the coaches might want to tell the guys in the fourth quarter, "Hey guys... keep your eye on 21. He's pretty good." How could they allow him to get behind them on that last TD? That last one amazed me.
-
Best high school football/basketball player ever in Kentucky
Read my post LSU. I said he would be a top five player at all of those positions. Nobody is arguing that Brohm was the best QB any of those years. With as little experience he had at a position like QB that demands reps and experience he was still a top five player at that position. Bob Redmond said his future as a QB (with the reps and experience at the position) was as good as any player he had ever coached, and I think he knows a thing or two about coaching good QBs.
-
Best high school football/basketball player ever in Kentucky
Well, the thing about Michael Bush was his amazing versatility and overall athleticism in both sports. Which is why I think he is the best all around football player in KY history. Think about it for a second... this guy would have been in the top five in the state at about 7 positions... Wide receiver, Tight End, running back, QB, Cornerback, Safety, and any of the LB spots. That's truly amazing. I think he could go pro at almost any of those positions. He is a Heisman contender and ranked as a top 3 player at a position that he never even played in high school. Wow. Though he wasn't as dominating in basketball, I would say he was probably a top five player in the state his senior year at 3 positions: 2, 3, or 4. So, it makes it a pretty easy for me. I put him first and Derek Smith second.
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Yeah, I'll agree with you there. I don't think these teams are quite as good. The school size is shrinking. Which is why they did the freeze on allowing kids within the city school districts to go to the county school. Ask teams how good Danville was in 2003 though. In recent years we've beaten Boyle (3A champ that year), Highlands (3A runner up that year), Rockastle handily (3A semifinalist last year), Manual (who beat Trinity the next week-4A champ), etc... I'm just saying you are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to calling someone out for playing down a class. Maybe we aren't quite as strong as we used to be, but we are still strong, and we don't back down from playing the big boys. We always played up when we were allowed to do so. And if you ask me, the top 4 in 1A has been better than the top four in 2A over the past 5 years.
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Hmmm... so when Danville won 3A in 1984 as a AA school that helps your argument how??? And when we won all of those championships in the late 80s and early 90s as a 1A sized school that would explain what??? It wasn't until the KHSAA started making schools play in their proper class without playing up that Danville started playing in 1A (circa 1999). We play 3A and 4A contenders in our non-district schedule year in and year out, and I think our numbers show that we do pretty well. Don't forget we are sharing enrollments with another school two miles down the road that is building quite a football tradition themselves. As far as I know the KHSAA counts your class size by school size, not town size. As good as 80 year old Farmer Fran might be, we can't go out and suit him up for the Ads this year. They just won't allow us to do it, but our lawyers are looking for a loophole.
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Thanks paht-nuh...
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Or... maybe the only people who are for 6 classes are from schools that NEVER win it. You can look at it both ways... by the way, are you forgetting who the team to beat in 2A really is? I mean, let's get real here. It' basically going to boil down to Danville and NCC every year with Bardstown and Owensboro Catholic being in the mix on occassion. The same teams will continue to win, it just won't be quite as exciting to them. I mean, people will miss the Danville Mayfield post-season rivalry that has been going on since 1987. Danville and Beechwood was starting to get interesting with an even 1-1 split thus far. Just won't be the same. How about the Boyle Highlands rivalry that was building as well? This isn't country club swimming where every kid deserves a ribbon just for jumping in the water. This game teaches you competition. How to win well, and how to lose with pride. This is big boy stuff. If you aren't on the best team, play your best and move on. Danville hasn't made a sweet sixteen in Basketball since 1989-90, but you don't hear us cry about a class system being implemented there. Tradition in Kentucky high school sports is nice. I guess some people won't ever understand that.
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Well, I would disagree. Maybe teams that have never played in a bowl might be kind of excited about playing in a crappy bowl, but most are not. Don't get me started (meant for another thread) on the imperfections of the DI college post season. I played IAA where there was an actual playoff system, and only the best 16 teams (out of 59) got a shot at the title. If you didn't win your conference or go at least 8-3 your season was over. That's just how it was. We just missed the playoffs one year at 7-4. None of us thought we deserved to be in the mix that year, because we had lost regular season games that we needed to win in order to have that opportunity. That's how it goes. No, this is not college ball, but I would be willing to bet a team that places fourth in their district and is 0-10 is not happy about being in the playoffs when they have to face a Danville or a Beechwood in the first round. Way to prolong the season. That sounds like a great way to reward the kids. That's not rewarding to anybody-the fans, the parents, coaches, or either team. It stinks and it's hard to play in one of those games. I just pray that my team comes out of those games without a senseless injuries.
-
6 Class System is NOT Watered Down
Yeah, great idea. Are you going to pay for the travel costs between Danville and Mayfield?