Memorable state final performances

hurricane

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Brohm and Mike Bush blow for blow in 2002. They were both great. It was finally decided when Bush flinched with about a minute thirty and tossed a pick for the first turnover of the game. Ironically, in a game that ended 59-56 a defensive play won the game.:thumb:

For me, it was the 1984 Class AA game. A real defensive battle between NCC vs. Ft. Knox. NCC was trailing with about 1 1/2 minutes and a Rob Messmer caught a TD to win the game. I believe that it was his only TD all year for the triple option NCC team.

I remember the 1976 2a Championship with Corbin and Mayfield...I'm a Mayfield fan, but, Corbin won the game 6-0...There noseguard(RC Thomas) I believe was his name, had like 23 tackles, 5 or 6 for loss and 3 or 4 sacks...I know most here would remember the offensive games, but, I'll tell you what, that guy was a beast and dominated the game from the defensive side...Probably the best game I ever saw from 1 player...

Brian Brohm and Mike Bush blow for blow in 2002. They were both great. It was finally decided when Bush flinched with about a minute thirty and tossed a pick for the first turnover of the game. Ironically, in a game that ended 59-56 a defensive play won the game.:thumb:

Any fan would be hard pressed to find a more exciting pair of performances than what Brohm and Bush put on in that game. Simply remarkable.

1976 Class AA championship between Mayfield and Corbin...I'm a Mayfield fan, but, Corbin won the game 6-0....There nose guard, R.C. Thomas, I believe was his name, had like 19 solo tackles, 23 or 24 total tackles, 4 or 5 sacks, several tackles for loss and caused a fumble or 2....I remember thinking, are they ever going to get a block on this guy....That was the most dominating performance I can remember, especially from a defensive standpoint....