Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memorable state final performances

Featured Replies

What are some of the most memorable individual state final performances that you know of? They don't have to be record setting, but should be game changing or dictated the outcome.

:dancingpa

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Brohm and Mike Bush blow for blow in 2002. They were both great. It was finally decided when Bush flinched with about a minute thirty and tossed a pick for the first turnover of the game. Ironically, in a game that ended 59-56 a defensive play won the game.:thumb:

  • Author

For me, it was the 1984 Class AA game. A real defensive battle between NCC vs. Ft. Knox. NCC was trailing with about 1 1/2 minutes and a Rob Messmer caught a TD to win the game. I believe that it was his only TD all year for the triple option NCC team.

  • Author
Jeff Brohm was 10 for 10 in a finals win over Manual in 1988.

Are Brian and Jeff brothers? Two big performances in one family would be great.

Mike Woolf-Covington Catholic-1987

Mr. smith from Trinity played against me at Boone in 1990 ,he was great.Maybe THE FASTEST HIGH SCHOOL KID I have ever seen at Trinity.

I remember the 1976 2a Championship with Corbin and Mayfield...I'm a Mayfield fan, but, Corbin won the game 6-0...There noseguard(RC Thomas) I believe was his name, had like 23 tackles, 5 or 6 for loss and 3 or 4 sacks...I know most here would remember the offensive games, but, I'll tell you what, that guy was a beast and dominated the game from the defensive side...Probably the best game I ever saw from 1 player...

HELLO DUCK KILLER 94 CAMEL, SEE U TOM. IN THE VILL. EX INN EAST,COME SEE US.

Brian Brohm and Mike Bush blow for blow in 2002. They were both great. It was finally decided when Bush flinched with about a minute thirty and tossed a pick for the first turnover of the game. Ironically, in a game that ended 59-56 a defensive play won the game.:thumb:

 

Any fan would be hard pressed to find a more exciting pair of performances than what Brohm and Bush put on in that game. Simply remarkable.

1976 Class AA championship between Mayfield and Corbin...I'm a Mayfield fan, but, Corbin won the game 6-0....There nose guard, R.C. Thomas, I believe was his name, had like 19 solo tackles, 23 or 24 total tackles, 4 or 5 sacks, several tackles for loss and caused a fumble or 2....I remember thinking, are they ever going to get a block on this guy....That was the most dominating performance I can remember, especially from a defensive standpoint....

Jeff Brohm was 10 for 10 in a finals win over Manual in 1988.

^ I think that was the game where Leon Smith ran two kickoffs back in a row...the first being called back due to a penalty.

^ I think that was the game where Leon Smith ran two kickoffs back in a row...the first being called back due to a penalty.
I thought it was against Warren Central in 1990.

Why do people fail to acknowledge the game Tashaun McBroom had that day?

 

I'm not 100% on the numbers, but I think he had double-degit receptions, 4-5 TDs, 300 yards receiving.

 

That's a heck of a game for anyone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.