Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Title Location

Featured Replies

Why aren't the state title games played at Commonwealth Stadium. I like it a lot better, but I'm just wondering why Papa John's?:confused:

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess since they have the Basketball finals in Lexington, they have the football finals in Louisville.

Why aren't the state title games played at Commonwealth Stadium. I like it a lot better, but I'm just wondering why Papa John's?:confused:
Dare I ask but what, in your opinion, is better about Commonwealth Stadium????
Dare I ask but what, in your opinion, is better about Commonwealth Stadium????

I have never been there, but Papa Johns is a great place IMO.

Commonwealth and the Pizza Box are both nice stadiums...I'm not a big fan of UofL football but they have a fantastic stadium IMO.

Could be the fact that Commonwealth is right there on campus and a lot of cars are parked around the stadium by the on campus students. Therefore, there is less parking. The Box is really more likely a better place for the football finals, all things considered.

Could be the fact that Commonwealth is right there on campus and a lot of cars are parked around the stadium by the on campus students. Therefore, there is less parking. The Box is really more likely a better place for the football finals, all things considered.
UofL does the same thing. Students park at the stadium and are shuttled to class.

Thye simple answer is that the artificial turf at PJCS will hold up for all 4 games regardless of the weather conditions and a grass surface like Commonwealth will not.

If UK had turf I think it would be held at Commonwealth, because it is a central location for the whole state.

If UK had turf I think it would be held at Commonwealth, because it is a central location for the whole state.

It is if you live in Eastern Ky, but not if you live in Western Ky.

If UK had turf I think it would be held at Commonwealth, because it is a central location for the whole state.

 

WRONG...If you divide the state equally you will find that Louisville is much closer to the geographic center than Lexington. Nonetheless, I think the major reason is, as others have already said, Papa John's has a Turf surface which will stand up for four straight games in any weather...Commonwealth does not. :cool:

If UK had turf I think it would be held at Commonwealth, because it is a central location for the whole state.

 

The reason would not be because it is centrally located for the whole state. The reason would be because it is far more convenient for the KHSAA staff to host the finals a few miles from the KHSAA HQ. That's one of the reasons why almost all of the minor sports (track, tennis, swimming, baseball, and cross country) have their championships in Lexington.

If UK had turf I think it would be held at Commonwealth, because it is a central location for the whole state.

The best chance for $$$$ for the KHSAA is for the attendance to be large. The only way to ensure a large attendance is for the finals to be in Louisville. So look for it to stay there.

If played at Commonwealth, the UK team could wonder on the field and lose to a high school team.... which would be too embarrassing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.