Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EastSideJunkie

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by EastSideJunkie

  1. OK, so I don't think this is such a bad idea. But here's what I don't get about it all, why be so fast to do it? Why just do it in one day and right this second? Almost seems like they tried to sneak it by. Why? Is there's something we are all missing? I have spoken with 3 coaches and 2 ADs and all different schools and not one of them knew anything about it until it was happening. Again, in the end it might be a good thing. But man a lot of unanswered questions. My biggest one right now is you are changing the format and saying you need a high RPI to get that seed in the playoffs - if you advance - so I wonder if the KHSAA will allow schools to void non-district contracts because of strength of schedule? So they can adjust their SOS. With this vote they have said strength of schedule is important, so if I am a coach tomorrow and I think I have a shot to be there then I am trying to get some tough teams on my schedule. Also, Colorado counts 5 other states the same as they count in-state teams in the RPI. What states will be counted in Kentucky? I might have missed one but I think schools played teams from Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, Missouri, Illinois, Florida and Virginia. And also what happens to those 3-team districts? Is there a bye in the first round for some schools? So many questions. Just all rushed.
  2. Was a great game, even in the pouring rain. Male QB is a hard-nosed dude and they don't even come close in this one without him. He took some shots and just kept going. Congrats to that kid. Trinity improved so much and with so many young kids playing key roles. The Rocks will get back to work soon. Amazing stat I heard on the walk to the car and then I looked it up and true that Trinity is 37-3 now in the playoffs since 2010. Just insane. Rocks will be back!
  3. Very surprised by this score. Unless Ballard had some guys out? Interesting road the next two weeks for the Bruins.
  4. Anybody other than Wandale Robinson winning Mr. Football is a joke. But then again, Rondale Moore didn't win last year.
  5. Yeah, Manual might have the worst of it. Our neighbor plays and said they have 7 starters out for the season (or extended period of time) right now. That's unreal and yeah Trinity has had so many and X, even Male with at least one or two big injuries right?
  6. A very, very down year. But one of these three will win it.
  7. Exactly. Think about this stat for a second...not saying it says anything but they dominate the district foes...Trinity has 3 wins and has outsocred its opponents 279-163 and only six other 6A teams have scored more points. Again, doesn't mean anything but I wouldn't count them out.
  8. Heard second hand it was 14-14 at the half... Can't seem to find a score.
  9. No stats but heard X didn't move the ball much and used two QBs. Sophomore Kyle Feger played great on defense for Trinity and ended the game with a pick six. My neighbor's son is a senior at X and said the X QB play was in his words "dreadful."
  10. Can't wait to see Central. Heard they have a really nasty defense.
  11. I do think Male is really good. But dang how many times is Ballard supposed to be good. I watched them against Boyle County and they are not in the top 15 among 6-A teams.
  12. Didn't look good for the three they lost tonight. And one of the top WR's didn't even dress. Not sure and can't blame loss on injuries but man tough night.
  13. They are small compared to that monster of a team. Wow.
  14. Ha! I was about to do the same thing. Seems like a very good list there. In fact, wonder if there's not more football guys in there than hoops? Although a couple were in for playing careers mostly... Still what a list and congrats coach Beatty!
  15. Butler is much, much better than they were last season. Frank Caldwell is a beast! With that said, I still think DeSales will edge out a victory in what will be a very good game.
  16. Again, I smile at the notion that Trinity's D was bad. They allowed 210 yards of total offense and the box score I saw, I counted 10 three and outs by Carmel's O. I'd say Carmel will be better coached but WC has much better athletes. Will be a good one.
  17. Jutz 18 of 28 for 126 yards in his first game on the road against Carmel is not a bad start. Learn from it and get ready for week two.
  18. FYI I didn't go, but listened and just saw the stats. Trinity only gave up 114 yards passing, so really not that bad at all. Was just two big plays.
  19. Will be very tough on the road. Plus, should be a low-scoring game. I'll say Trinity 17-14
  20. Per the Central twitter, the Yellowjackets sting Scott County. Surprising from the standpoint that I expected Scott County to be really good. But Central is very talented, just not the depth of the 6-A teams. Anyone know anything about how it went down?
  21. I'd say the one tackle is 6-4, 225 and is the biggest...center is a very good player and he's about 6-3, 215 or so... From the stands they looked bigger than they have been in recent years but not huge. The d-line is HUGE.
  22. Looked just as good as last year in some aspects...QB is big-time...RB is fast and the lines are really good. Two LBers are bigger than the varsity LBers and the safety kid looked like a baby Dingle out there. Ryle had good size and very good numbers. But it was no match. I'll bet it was 7-8 TDs to zero for Ryle in the limited time they played.
  23. Neither kid would have played many meaningful minutes at Trinity. Weining - who left for DeSales - was a nice player there but wouldn't have played a ton of minutes last season at Trinity. The Thieneman is ok but not a kid to worry about. Unless you are just wanting to bring attention to it, which seems to be what you get pleasure from.
  24. Sounds like Hargrave Military for Pearson. Was told by a couple of the Manimal Elite players parents that he didn't play well in Orlando at all.
  25. I had heard he got into Shawnee for one of the programs they have at the school... oops sorry The Academy at Shawnee...but don't think he wanted to go there because of football.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.