Year of the Injury?

PepRock01

Do there seem to be more injuries this year than usual?

It is entirely possible that I am more aware of it this year due to the sheer number of injuries T has sustained, but I seem to recall seeing a number of teams struggling with injuries more than usual this season. I know X has had their fair share and I seem to recall seeing something about a few for Male too.

If that is indeed the case, what's going on? Is it bad luck, something else, or am I just more hyper aware due to the volume of injuries the teams I follow most closely have sustained?

Do there seem to be more injuries this year than usual?

It is entirely possible that I am more aware of it this year due to the sheer number of injuries T has sustained, but I seem to recall seeing a number of teams struggling with injuries more than usual this season. I know X has had their fair share and I seem to recall seeing something about a few for Male too.

If that is indeed the case, what's going on? Is it bad luck, something else, or am I just more hyper aware due to the volume of injuries the teams I follow most closely have sustained?

Manual also. Seems more than usual.

A wise , well-respected coach, has been very good for a long, long time attributed, at least the early season injuries, to the heat. I am in the minority.... but I would be open to starting our season the first Friday in September to move out of the worst heat. Keep the playoffs as is.... November is the best time of the year anyway. We get more kids out by starting later and eliminate some of the health issues that are connected to the heat. The schools that are always good will be fine, regardless of what we do. Moving out of the heat will help some of the schools that struggle so bad with numbers. I would hate to see schools begin dropping football. It is great for kids!