Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

devils58

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by devils58

  1. Also @DragonFire, do you all still do the video broadcasts of Warren Central basketball?
  2. This whole thing is great, but for a team like OHS, doesn't take into account its' entire history. OHS has been playing football since the 1890's and that's an awful lot of football history to overlook. I do want the OP to know I appreciate the work, because this is no easy task. However, I do believe OHS should be higher than #19. The big elephant that continues to haunt OHS is not having more state titles. Several have slipped away from OHS over the years, and maybe that is a reason for not ranking them higher. It's just hard for me to imagine there being 18 programs in the state that are historically better than OHS. Good work nonetheless.
  3. Thanks for the recap Dragon! I think both of these squads are dangerous. Owensboro really struggles when they try to bleed clock. OHS may need to spend some time working on swinging the ball. It seems when OHS try's to bleed clock they get very stagnant and usually wind up turning it over. I can't wait to see how both teams matchup with Christian County.
  4. Did Doss have a mass exodus of players in the offseason? This is an impressive win!
  5. WKy has historically had some great athletes. It's great to see WKy shine. A lot of it has to do with the quality of coaching improving in all sports in western Kentucky. Athletes have always been there, now the coaching is catching up
  6. Sounds like it was a great game from the Twitter updates. OHS lead most of the game but give the Dragons credit for making the plays to put it into OT and win by 2. OHS is super young and the young Devils have lost their last two after leading. It's a learning process but I like this OHS team. I can't wait for Dragonfires recap! I know WC has some athletes!
  7. Yeah man, we couldn't beat ya'll if we played 100 times. We closed the gap by the fall of 1998 but ya'll was still too much. I didn't play my senior year but I'll never forget Robert blitzing and taking the handoff from our QB and scoring. That was pretty much the difference in that one. It's a great time to be a BG Purple that's for sure. Heck the whole town of BG is poppin right now. WKU, BG, and S Warren(I wanted them to lose so bad) are champs. Bowling Green, Kentucky is Kentucky football right now. There is ZERO DEBATE.
  8. BG Pulaski Fern Creek Owensboro North Laurel Highlands South Oldham Cov Cath Christian County Fairdale
  9. My team lost. Plus most of the games were going to be non-competetive.
  10. You will respect the Purples or you will be seen laughing in the Purple Rain!
  11. I've forgotten what that's like lol. I can't complain. We didn't get it done against BG when I played either. Quinten Woods and Robert Reynolds were beasts! I'll tell you whats better than Owensboro bbq. State championship t-shirts! Thank the Lort that we won the basketball title. If not, I may have went full Prince and played "Purple Rain" everyday until I went insane! :taz::eyeonyou:
  12. I think so too. With both teams having so much talent coming up, I fully expect some wars in the future. But, at some point, we gotta beat you guys. It's getting old. I also think OHS-BG should stop playing in the regular season since they are both 5A and are most likely going to meet up in the regional championship most years. But that's another topic, and for now, to the victor goes the spoils. Congrats.
  13. This sounds like a great idea. Can ya'll start doing this next year? lol
  14. With that staff, they're will be many more to follow. Congrats.
  15. OHS lead the entire game until the end. Credit DC for coming back and making the plays at the end to win the game. OHS is very undersized this year but are extremely athletic. DC has two really good weapons in the Hayden kid and Stewart Currie. I do think OHS is 10-15 points better than DC but didn't close the panthers out when they had the chance. DC is a very sound team and with Currie being 6-7 it gives a team like OHS fits. Let me say first that OHS lost the game because they weren't aggressive after halftime. OHS was up 13 at the half and came out flat and not attacking. This resulted in a better pace for DC and OHS missed some easy shots. Now.....about the refs. They were awful. DC was in the double bonus in the first and second half and I'm not sure if OHS ever even got in the bonus. I know they didn't in the second half. If DC can drive the lane and get a call, why is it not a foul when OHS drives the lane? I don't have stays but the free throw discrepency has to be astronomical. Having said that, this loss is on OHS. They're young and they have to learn how to finish. This team will take some head scratching losses this year but will win some games where their potential shines. I think it'll be a fun season as it looks like everyone in the 3rd is chasing Meade. DC will be good but I wonder what their ceiling is. Gonna be a wild ride!
  16. Is Vito not playing on the Kentucky all star team? Tisdale is special for sure. He and Owensboro's Monte Owsley are the two most dynamic athletes I've seen at the middle school level.
  17. Jacoby is looking to get cleared for the Friday matchup against Daviess County. I just want the kid to heal up and be 100%. I'd rather lose some games early, and have Jacoby healthy then to have him playing hurt all season.
  18. Thanks man! I always watch Home Team Friday on News25 and I like to watch Gibson Southerns highlights. I love their scheme and always think about what he could do with Owensboro's athletes! When OHS' job came open last year I was hoping they'd reach out to Hart. His dad is a heck of a ball coach too. I'm sure if the Reitz coach ever leaves or resigns they'll go after Nick Hart with the war chest lol
  19. You gotta hand it to Mayfield. The Cards beat two excellent opponents in OCath and Desales. That's a tough road right there.
  20. I live in Owensboro but I'm a huge fan of what Nick Hart has done at Gibson Southern. How in the heck has he accomplished what he has? I notice they run a spread/zone attack. Just wanted your take on them. Thanks!
  21. Congrats Purples. Go win the damn thing lol.
  22. Jacoby Harris JR PG Owensboro It's hard for me to think Harris shouldn't be in the top 25. He's a special guard
  23. Thanks for the reminder Purple Nation. I even watched the Time Warner replay of the game because I love torture lol. BG made plays when it mattered, OHS didn't. No part of me thinks that OHS couldn't beat BG, but the amount of stuff that went wrong for OHS Friday night was unreal. From playcalling, great play by BG, and self inflicted turnovers, all that will get you beat 41-12 against a team like BG.
  24. Of course I don't think it's going to be handed to BG. They'll have to go get it. But......I do think BG is the best team left and I'm not sure it's close. Then again, I picked OHS to beat BG so what do I know
  25. Purple Nation, it's not a great rivalry anymore. Complete and utter domination by BG for a long while now. In order to have a good or great rivalry, each team should trade wins. Right now, it's a one sided *ss whipping. All you BG fans should thank Kevin Wallace each and every time you see him. What he's done for that program is amazing. He's made BG in to a powerhouse and taken them to that "next level" where they're winning state championships regularly. I do think OHS has a good one in Jay Fallin. I think last night was the product of old habits by the staff going back a few years. Fallin even admitted after the game that he made a bunch of mistakes, especially in the red zone. But let me say this: OHS' staff has shown improvement overall this year. Lots of folks will talk about this coaching performance but I do think overall, OHS' program is in the right hands. As for last night, when OHS was on the two yard line, should've ran qb sneaks at that point. It wasn't that OHS couldn't get a push, it was BG attacking so hard to the handoff side that they got numbers at the point of attack. Qb sneaks would've worked easily at the 2 yard line like it did when OHS scored. Also, BG left their DB on an island against Kishawn Walker and OHS only took advantage once. I can't understand why they had Gross throw into coverage (BG dropped LBs) when they could've picked on #28 all night. Also OHS probably should've ran more plays out of the twins left and right spread look. Would've gave Board more room to run, and gave Gross some chances to make easy throws to the flat. Hindsight is always 20/20. Keep in mind BG wasn't always this kind of powerhouse.Wallace took some lumps in the early 2000s but he learned from his mistakes. I think Fallin is going through that curve right now but I feel very confident that he's going to build something special at OHS. Last, congrats BG on another state title. It's not over, but it's over. I watched film on Fern Creek and Pulaski and I feel as though BG and OHS were better than both of those squads. Highlands is a wild card because they are starting to play good ball. Anyway, good luck Purples and I hope one day we can translate our middle school and lower grade success against you all into some varsity wins at some point.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.