Bowling Green 41 Owensboro 12

hoops5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, the Purples showed up ready to show what they are made of. Enough can't be said about the defense, holy cow.... Offensively, it was hard to stop triple threat of Carrothers, Payne, and Wilson. This game was a lot closer than what the score reflects. Don't take anything away from Owensboro, what a great, athletic, and fast football team. Congrats on a great season, Red Devils!!

Gonna start something new here.. My Players of the game are

Defensive: Amherian Brown (2 INT's returned for TD's)

Offensive: DeAngelo Wilson (2 receiving TD's)

Give BG credit ,Self Destruction by OHS.Inside the 5 three times in the 1st qt 6 points .Bad playcalling,running the same play over and over again.

No disrespect whatsoever, but was really confused behind the reasons to run the ball up the middle on the goal line when BG defense was winning the LOS in the redone all night... Felt like something better could've been called for OHS to take the lead early.

Purples defense put on a clinic tonight. Three stops inside the 5 yard line in the first half only giving up two field goals. Four interceptions, two going for touchdowns. Offense played well in spurts. It was a very stout defense and an iffy game plan by Owensboro that spelled defeat for the Red Devils.

Purples played best Defense I've seen them play in quite a while. I'm not even talking about the 2 pick 6's just the way they bent but didn't break. Unless you see Red Devils in person you don't realize how fast they are (#6 is as fast as they get in Bluegrass). Purples two early turnovers in or near red zone and Purples Defense holds them to 2 field goals.

I'll let others detail out the score but our defense simply took care of business. They need to celebrate tonight and be ready to hit it hard again this week.

BG just simply took care of business!

What a great atmosphere. Packed house and the folks working the stadium were very nice and friendly to visitors.

Now onto the game.

Bowling Green defense is the story here. They played their best game of the year by far IMO. They finally played with some attitude and aggression. Those goalline stops were amazing.

I was surprised at just how one dimensional Owensboro offense was. I knew they were a running team, but my goodness. If they couldn't gain yardage up the middle, they didn't have anything else. Owensboro coaches lack of making any adjustments also surprised me. They made pretty much none, their playbook was extremely thin. When they did tried to throw they ran the same passing plays, two of the same play were picked off.

I was also shocked at the conservative play calling on the goaline for them at some point I would thought they would have figured out running staright up the middle wasn;t working and do a play action or something. Nope. Stuffed time and time again, which resulted in two fieldgoals and failed fourth down.

I couldn't believe they decided to even kick fieldgoals that close.

Bg's offense looked like it struggled at times and didn't play its best game. Owensboro defense did a decent job, especially up front, but BG just had too much talent and speed.

I also thought it was a great call for Bg to go for it on the fourth and one play with about 7 minutes or so to go in the game. They were playing to win the game and put it away. now on to Fern Creek. Don't know much about them, but our defense needs to bring the attitude back and I think our offense needs to get focused and bring the A game.