Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 41 Owensboro 12

Featured Replies

Look Owensboro is a teriffic team and BG didn't allow them to run the plays they are comfortable running. BG defense did play one of their beat games no doubt. However first offensive series, BG is 3rd and 12 from their own territory. Payne hit a BIG pass to Wilson who had to make a very nice adjustment on it and flipped the field and BG took that drive in for an early 7-0 lead. I thought that was Big early as Owensboro was playing with great emotion then.

O LB/TE Board had a heck of a game and will be missed for Red Devils next year. #6 Jalhil Barret like GCHS didnt get the ball near enough last night and played every position he could to help his team.

Carruthers run of 76 yards in the second quarter was huge as he outran some really fast guys to go up 13-6.

Great season Red devils!

For the Purples, its on To a mysterious Fern Creek team, I feel we dont know them very well. But its at El Donaldson Stadium so Im happy about that! Go Purples!

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has a team gone into Rash stadium and have their Defense outscore Owensboro offense?

 

This game will be another brick that is used to build what is already a great rivalry.

Purple Nation, it's not a great rivalry anymore. Complete and utter domination by BG for a long while now. In order to have a good or great rivalry, each team should trade wins. Right now, it's a one sided *ss whipping.

 

All you BG fans should thank Kevin Wallace each and every time you see him. What he's done for that program is amazing. He's made BG in to a powerhouse and taken them to that "next level" where they're winning state championships regularly.

 

I do think OHS has a good one in Jay Fallin. I think last night was the product of old habits by the staff going back a few years. Fallin even admitted after the game that he made a bunch of mistakes, especially in the red zone. But let me say this: OHS' staff has shown improvement overall this year. Lots of folks will talk about this coaching performance but I do think overall, OHS' program is in the right hands.

 

As for last night, when OHS was on the two yard line, should've ran qb sneaks at that point. It wasn't that OHS couldn't get a push, it was BG attacking so hard to the handoff side that they got numbers at the point of attack. Qb sneaks would've worked easily at the 2 yard line like it did when OHS scored. Also, BG left their DB on an island against Kishawn Walker and OHS only took advantage once. I can't understand why they had Gross throw into coverage (BG dropped LBs) when they could've picked on #28 all night. Also OHS probably should've ran more plays out of the twins left and right spread look. Would've gave Board more room to run, and gave Gross some chances to make easy throws to the flat.

 

Hindsight is always 20/20. Keep in mind BG wasn't always this kind of powerhouse.Wallace took some lumps in the early 2000s but he learned from his mistakes. I think Fallin is going through that curve right now but I feel very confident that he's going to build something special at OHS.

 

Last, congrats BG on another state title. It's not over, but it's over. I watched film on Fern Creek and Pulaski and I feel as though BG and OHS were better than both of those squads. Highlands is a wild card because they are starting to play good ball. Anyway, good luck Purples and I hope one day we can translate our middle school and lower grade success against you all into some varsity wins at some point.

I was extremely impressed with Dalan Cofer (#78) for Bowling Green. He dominated along the defensive line to the point where Owensboro basically had to double-team him the entire time. Cofer is just a junior, too. He has a very bright future.

Pretty strong statement made by the Purples!

Pretty strong statement made by the Purples!

 

I think they are at this point the third best team in Kentucky, behind Male and Trinity. I know some folks will mention the St. X loss but I believe the outcome is different if they played tonight. That doesn't necessarily guarantee a state title, but this is a very good team.

I think they are at this point the third best team in Kentucky, behind Male and Trinity. I know some folks will mention the St. X loss but I believe the outcome is different if they played tonight. That doesn't necessarily guarantee a state title, but this is a very good team.

Agreed...of course the Mayfield fans would take exception to that assertion by you :lol2:

I think they are at this point the third best team in Kentucky, behind Male and Trinity. I know some folks will mention the St. X loss but I believe the outcome is different if they played tonight. That doesn't necessarily guarantee a state title, but this is a very good team.

 

No way.......82.6309795% of Kentuckians know South Warren is better

BG is just crushing it, I've said for weeks nobody comes within 2-3 td's until they get to the championship game.

No way.......82.6309795% of Kentuckians know South Warren is better

 

Just Kentuckians??? Heck, I heard South Warren was in line to get a bowl bid if the NCAA doesn't have enough bowl elgible teams. And they would probably be favored over any team they were put up against.

 

I heard they had tried to schedule Alabama, but Nick Saban was too scared to play them.

Now I am surprised people saying BG will be handed the state championship after beating Owensboro. I think that is crazy talk. Fern Creek could be a tough match up, not sure I don't know much about them. But I know Pulaski County will be...and everyone seems to be sleeping on Highlands. I know they started out the season terrible, but they have won seven in a row. I don't count them out for a second. They could end up winning the entire thing too. But to say BG has it in the bad is ridiculous.

No way.......82.6309795% of Kentuckians know South Warren is better

 

My Lord has it been a while since I laughed that hard.

Now I am surprised people saying BG will be handed the state championship after beating Owensboro. I think that is crazy talk. Fern Creek could be a tough match up, not sure I don't know much about them. But I know Pulaski County will be...and everyone seems to be sleeping on Highlands. I know they started out the season terrible, but they have won seven in a row. I don't count them out for a second. They could end up winning the entire thing too. But to say BG has it in the bad is ridiculous.

 

Devil was just giving his opinion. I promise you noone thinks it is going to be handed over. You are absolutely correct there is ALOT of work left to do and until dethroned, Pulaski IS the reigning Champ! I look forward to the Fern Creek game and that is the only one all Purples should be focused on at this point.

Of course I don't think it's going to be handed to BG. They'll have to go get it. But......I do think BG is the best team left and I'm not sure it's close. Then again, I picked OHS to beat BG so what do I know

Somebody is a little sour this morning. Who is it ? Who is it ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.