Everything posted by Freebird23
-
Would EKU be an acceptable site for hosting the Championships?
I am favor of a rotation and I think EKU deserves a shot... Papa Johns is a great venue, but if it is not available let's rotate! I think a smaller stadium will add to the excitement. Seems the small crowds get lost in big stadiums.
-
Williamsburg's Ryan Moses wins Wendy's High School Heisman for Kentucky.
Congratulations indeed... on the gridiron and in the classroom. Wow! Where is the young man planning on attending college?
-
Dixie/Highlands Predictions
Very good point... As I recall it was a speedster,Reagan, ala Jordan Kramer, who single handedly tore up our defense on a wet and cold evening. I am not hearing about anyone on the horizon on the way to Bowling Green of that calibre. He may be out there, just not hearing any names surfacing.
-
Saint Xavier/Ryle Predictions
Now you are catching on.... and NO, you can't have what I have in my H2O!
-
Saint Xavier/Ryle Predictions
I do not see a running clock in this one... but St X will have the home field advantage and will continue its march to #2 in the State!
-
Litkenhous: Simon Kenton tops in NKY
I agree, Congrats to Simon Kenton for a great year! We will just have to wait to the first weekend in December...
-
Blowout City
Let's reduce the classes to 5. Increase the size of districts to at least 6. Won't be perfect... but allows for COMPETITIVE play. In the meantime, I am somewhat familiar with the Ohio rating system. It has been around for a while. I do not hear too many rumblings from our Buckeye friends up north. Anyone take a look at their first round games? Are the 1 vs. 4 blowouts?
-
Dixie/Highlands Predictions
This game will start and end similar to the last Ryle contest... 'Birds will be up by 18 ~ 21 points by game's end. Looking forward to having AC back and in the backfield with Bardo and Fennel. :isurrender: Wow!
-
Blowout City
Plus, one has to keep in mind that the "blowout" is not truely indicative of the level of play. The "blowout" is on during the 1st and 2nd quarters... and the score could be much, much worse if the winning team kept the starters in. The game I attended last evening was ugly after the 3rd TD on the 3rd possession within the first 3 minutes of the contest. I did enjoy seeing the 2nd string down to the Frosh getting a chance to play, including my son, however I just have a hard time enjoying a non-competitive contest where the opposing team is getting schooled on the gridiron.
-
Highlands 60 Montgomery County 13
Happy 59th Leatherneck! You do not look a day over 50! :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
-
Conner / Manual Predictions
Having seen Manual play this year... I am going with Manual. Physical ball team with hard hitting line backers. Conner will have their hands full keeping the LBs out of the Conner backfield.
-
Montgomery County/ Highlands Predictions
Whoops... I'am now catching your reply. Let's do a roll call after tonights game. I am all ears!
-
Holmes/East Jessamine Predictions
Go Dawgs!
-
Snap infraction led to score
Really sad to see a high school at a quality insitution like Louisville Male stoop so low for self amusement... I am confident that Manual will some day in the not too distant future have the last laugh... Time to hang up the splikes Bobby! Speaking of sad, the field is absolutely destroyed. Our team played on that field first game of the season and that turf was awesome. Looks to me like thousands of dollars of damage. Who foots the bill on this one?
-
Does Highlands...
:popcorn:
-
Does Highlands...
Ouch... You kind of missed the point... no problem. Let me ask you this... after the season is over and the Birds bring home the coveted trophy: if you couldn't have both, would you rather be number 1 in the state of Kentucky or be number 1 in Greater Cincinnati? BTW, In case I am questioned or second guessed on my loyalty I feel we are number one in Kentucky and in Greater Cinciinnati!
-
Does Highlands...
Mythical: existing only in the imagination. So, I guess it would be safe to say some of us need treatment? :eek: I would have to go along with the arrogant comment. Perhaps if we played in the GCL... I would feel differently. We are not even #1 in the state according to the LIT ratings so how can we be number 1 in Cincinnati? IMO, we are number 1. The boys will bring home the smiles and trophy from Bowling Green as a token of their hard work and effort. That, my friends, won't be mythical or magical... just factual. And now for my shot of Woodford for my ailment.
-
Highlands play calling
I tend to believe that all of our QB's past, present and future are smart...:thumb: I don't recall seeing an QB call the audible at the LOS at the high school level. I am sure it happens...
-
Montgomery County/ Highlands Predictions
Yep, it was the first round. As Voice of Reason stated, that was one of those 10 percenters that are / were competitive. :thumb: and I thought you were on my side!
-
Highlands play calling
How does that song go from Emerson, Lake and Palmer? "Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside! ":thumb: Actually, the state champion '07 team ran the same type of play calling for many of their games... and it worked very well for them. I am sure we will continue to see similar play calling on the road to BG. Dale and staff got the momentum going again. No huddle, huddle or plays called in from the sidelines... does'nt matter to me and it certainly doesn't bother the O players.
-
Montgomery County/ Highlands Predictions
Time for the KHSAA to wake-up and realize that 99.9% of the 1st round games are an embarassment to the players, parents and communities of the losing team. Attendance is very low, morale quickly changes after the 1st Qtr and the contest becomes one head coach trying to do everything from preventing injuries and the other is trying everything he can do from his player inflicting injuries! Nothing wrong with a 14 game season...:popcorn:
-
Ryle 49 Highlands 43 (JV)
Agree 110% McCoy was needed at QB... but I left scratching my head... when the Frosh entered before the contest was decided. :ohbrother:
-
Beat Highlands/Beat CovCath
Is that the same guy who dressed up in the Bird suit a couple of years ago when Cov Cath played HHS at DCM?
-
Highlands vs Covington Catholic Frosh Finals Predictions
Thanks for the response and your opinion. As stated, I could not make the last frosh Cov Cath / HHS contest and you really did a quality broadcast. I really appreciated the broadcast as welll as the small contingent of fans working with me that evening. Hopefully, in the future we will be able to provide the same service for the folks in Ft Thomas. When is Cris retiring? Did not mean to rustle any feathers... just floating a thought out there.:thumb:
-
Highlands vs Covington Catholic Frosh Finals Predictions
I know the prior game was broadcasted and I thought the guys in the booth did a great job! I couldn't make the game due to working Wednesday evening. But doesn't this take away from the gate receipts? (Especially in consideration the folks broadcasting are from Cov Cath.) Hosting this event- lights, cameras, concession clean-up, etc. is a major cost to the hosting school. I just wonder how many actually stay home at Cov Cath due to the guys in the broadcasting booth. They are excellent, but are they keeping the faithful off campus? Seemed to me the home bleacher section was skimpy at the last HHS / Cov Cath contest. Thoughts, comments or suggestions...