Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blowout City

Featured Replies

Over 30 teams scored 50+ points tonight with many of those scoring over 60 and a half dozen or so scoring 70+. Add in another 20+ teams with 40 points and you see the downside to the current playoff format.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the margin of victory tonight? Just curious and don't want to do the work!

3A without the Russellville-Webster Co. looks to be avg of 25 pts margin of victory

Over 30 teams scored 50+ points tonight with many of those scoring over 60 and a half dozen or so scoring 70+. Add in another 20+ teams with 40 points and you see the downside to the current playoff format.

 

I look at the flip side. There were quite a few upset wins by lower seeded teams and a lot of competitive games. I will gladly take one week with blowouts to give all the teams in the state a chance in the playoffs and also to give the teams playing in the tough districts a chance to prove themselves.

According to Moore's head coach, you would be considered to have "no class." :ohbrother:

I look at the flip side. There were quite a few upset wins by lower seeded teams and a lot of competitive games. I will gladly take one week with blowouts to give all the teams in the state a chance in the playoffs and also to give the teams playing in the tough districts a chance to prove themselves.

 

I agree 100%.

 

Last year we had a #4 seed (SK) in the finals of 6A.

 

Tonight, I haven't looked at all the results yet, but I know at least two #3 seeds that advanced - Doss over Anderson County and Jeffersontown over Bullitt Central.

 

I also know of at least two losing teams that scored 30 points or more (North Oldham lost, 37-30, to Etown, and Anderson County lost, 40-37, to Doss)...

 

I like this format. Gives people more reason to be interested late in the season, gives the kids more to shoot for, and allows for "late blooming" teams.

With one 2/3 game to play in 5A, the #3 seeds were 4-3 over the 2 seeds. With a coupe of scores not in yet, there were 15 lower seed winners across the board. If you only take 2 teams per district, those 15 teams are sitting home along with the #4's. Blow outs aside, I like it the way it is.

Fleming Co. scored 50 and lost. By 24.:eek::confused:

With a one 2/3 game to play in 5A, the #3 seeds were 4-3 over the 2 seeds.

 

And I hear a lot of people who only want the top 2 from each district in the playoffs. I wonder what they have to say about that stat.

Rockcastle scored 41 could have scored 60 and they were playing a #2 seed.

With one 2/3 game to play in 5A, the #3 seeds were 4-3 over the 2 seeds. With a coupe of scores not in yet, there were 15 lower seed winners across the board. If you only take 2 teams per district, those 15 teams are sitting home along with the #4's. Blow outs aside, I like it the way it is.

 

So, 15 lower seeded teams won. That's about a 16 percent winning percentage clip for the lower seeded teams. Is it really worth all the blowouts to deal with a 16 percent chance of winning for the lower seeded schools?

So, 15 lower seeded teams won. That's about a 16 percent winning percentage clip for the lower seeded teams. Is it really worth all the blowouts to deal with a 16 percent chance of winning for the lower seeded schools?

Yes.

Over 30 teams scored 50+ points tonight with many of those scoring over 60 and a half dozen or so scoring 70+. Add in another 20+ teams with 40 points and you see the downside to the current playoff format.

 

Complain, complain, complain, there was a lot of great games out there if you notice.:ohbrother:

Honestly, I gotta admit I stayed home and didnt attend any games last night. Much of it was lack of sleep the night before but most of it was just the lack of competetive games.

And I hear a lot of people who only want the top 2 from each district in the playoffs. I wonder what they have to say about that stat.

 

What we have to say about that is win a couple of more regular season district games and make sure you aren't a #3 or #4 seed. Consider your regular season district games must wins, unlike they are now.

 

This system is truely awful. Too many teams in the playoffs. Too many really bad teams in the playoffs. Too many state champions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.