Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FromTheStands05

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FromTheStands05

  1. Larue is a very athletic football team. Too much for Adair. Larue 38 Adar 19
  2. Casey's hot offensively. Will be without their original starting QB I heard. Garrard has struggled to score the ball. Toss up? Casey 32 Garrard 23
  3. Danville with the clock in the first half. ADS 62 Shawnee 12
  4. Franklin should handle business easily here. FC 49 LC 14
  5. Lincoln's run game will keep them in it for a while. Danville has too many athletes, and, Coach Stonebraker. Danville 49 Lincoln 21
  6. I think another person already mentioned it, but I was listening to it on the radio and Casey had 2 very impressive offensive drives on their first two possessions. I believe Casey can win their next 2 pretty handily.
  7. Is there any correlation to high school participation numbers and the success of the university programs in the state, so UK and UofL? When success is at UK, it feels like high school participation is high as well. Could be crazy here.
  8. I saw Rowan County hosted a small 7on7 tournament yesterday. It looked like Rowan County, East Carter, Fleming County, and a couple others attended. How’d this one go? Anyone stand out?
  9. Genuinely shocked this morning. I never question a coach leaving schools, because I do not know their motives, but on the outside looking at it, just wow.
  10. Three very good coaches mentioned above. Mercer would be fortunate to land any. Although I would not be surprised if they land none of them.
  11. Seems interesting to me that they would advertise on social media that they are taking applications, just to name somebody interim on staff? (I’m not saying they shouldn’t) But just would be curious as to why take applications if it’s already determined? Could have easily named an interim at this point in the year when announcing Coach Yeast resignation and would think most would accept that.
  12. If this had opened in January, it would have been a very sought after job. I'm not saying it won't be now, but with all considered circumstances and the timing, the applicant pool I imagine is small. The job is posted on the Mercer schools page as of this morning. I don't think Coach Harris will have any interest in walking into a worse situation. I don't expect any established Coach to do that right as it stands. I expect Mercer to hire an interim coach for 2026 and see what happens in 2027-2028.
  13. If healthy, 7-3 should be the baseline. 8-2 if something goes their way. Expect Ashland to be tough for them, and West Jess will be good again (although that is a rival.) The rest of the schedule should be favorable.
  14. I go back to college athletics often when I think about this topic. Take yourself back to April of 2024, when UK hired Mark Pope. The fans probably had a list of names, and very few had Mark Pope on the list. But at UK, The AD, School President, and a select handful of decision makers had other plans. So they did their process and hired Mark Pope. Now to our topic, which is high school athletics and hiring committees. I think you can have too many opinions. I have seen hiring committees with 15 people, 10 people, 5 people, and 1 person. I think 1 is too few, and 15 is too high. I think you need to keep things condensed, simple, and least "personal" as you can when hiring a new coach. Point being, I believe the Principal, AD, and 1 random parent representative are required, and 1 teacher representative (from the coaches department they will be working within) can be present, and that should be your committee.
  15. Shocked this job has made it to this point without a new hire.
  16. I think the first two choices would be a home run for Mercer.
  17. This has potential to be a very interesting thread.
  18. When do we expect the draft to be available?
  19. Correct me if I'm wrong and I may be, but isn't one of the best incentives for this position is the pay being very well? Or am I mistaken?
  20. Do they share a district with PT and Logan County? Tough draw.
  21. If true, Congrats Coach Payne! Great man.
  22. About a month into the process, and, it’s been one of the more quiet searches this cycle. (Not necessarily a bad thing.) Where do we stand?
  23. Any word? One of the earlier jobs to open this cycle.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.