Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Way too early coaching Hot Seat

Featured Replies

What head coaches throughout the state are already on the hot seat and if they do not see massive improvements will be looking for new schools after (or during) the 26 season? 

This has potential to be a very interesting thread.

Edited by theguru

I’ll bite, however in my area of Kentucky I can honestly say I don’t see anyone on the hot seat.
 

In Warren County alone, 3 new coaches, last year’s COTY in KY, and then a multiple time State Champion in Coach Spader. If I wanted to critique or create noise on this thread I’d say another season similar for the Purples could cause some friction. Win two back to back, go 6-7 and all of a sudden you’re getting questioned on your ability to lead young men, it wasn’t too loud this year though. An understanding of the situation was enough to keep it mellow. Would like to add that I don’t believe they’d ever fire Coach, but a similar sort of year this Fall somebody may mosey to the door and crack it open for him to leave.

Surrounding counties, I’ve only got a couple that come to mind. Coach Chaney with Franklin Simpson, he’ll be entering his 7th season this Fall and the Wildcats haven’t been to the 3rd round once. Coach Hood from Allen County, worst season of his coaching career this past year. A lot of external factors played into that but it’s hard to just turn your shoulder to an 0-10 season. Do I believe either two of them should be fired? No, but I do know they are both competitors and expected to win football games at their respective schools.
 

Barren County job is one that could open soon too, not sure how much longer Coach Myers plans on continuing his career. You could really add Spader into this as well, retired now, been to the top many times so how much more does he have in the tank too. 
 

Not really a hot seat sort of comment but when is Coach Brandon Smith going to be cherry picked from a bigger HS program across the Southeast? Know he has a nice setup at South but I’m sure he’s got phone calls of opportunities that can top whatever is being presented to him today. Possibly the task of trying to slay Goliath is the new goal or will Goliath be the reason he does decide to leave after what could be many failed attempts? 

If there is not State Championship trophy to add to the trophy case in Fort Thomas at the end of this season, I'd say Sphire may be looking for a new job.  

7 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

If there is not State Championship trophy to add to the trophy case in Fort Thomas at the end of this season, I'd say Sphire may be looking for a new job.  

For some that was the thinking three years ago.

With all the job vacancies we keep seeing I think administrators and school systems need to think a lot more about what they are doing to help coaches and teams in all sports rather than worrying about whether their coach is on a hot seat or not.

  • Author
On 2/27/2026 at 2:31 PM, DanvilleFan said:

With all the job vacancies we keep seeing I think administrators and school systems need to think a lot more about what they are doing to help coaches and teams in all sports rather than worrying about whether their coach is on a hot seat or not.

Interesting take! I agree, we should be doing more to keep coaches for sure, but sadly you and I both know a large percentage of these admin believe a new guy would do better than them thinking it is something on their end. 

1 hour ago, AssistantFBCoach said:

Interesting take! I agree, we should be doing more to keep coaches for sure, but sadly you and I both know a large percentage of these admin believe a new guy would do better than them thinking it is something on their end. 

In general, our culture prefers splash hires and immediate results. Applies to school admin as well. 
 

The grind of building a program. The investment required in terms of resources & time… not real popular these days. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.